There are 178 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Word is that both are torn but that the MCL will heal on its own.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
three words:

Ant ler spray
Originally posted by Furlow:
MRI results showing torn ACL and MCL. Shefter saying he'll be back by week 1. Not sure how that's possible?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1929446-navorro-bowman-injury-updates-on-49ers-lbs-leg-and-return

They can repair both in the same surgery, and the rehab is the same.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Word is that both are torn but that the MCL will heal on its own.

Depends on the extent of the tear. From the MRI they must have been able to see a substantial portion of it still intact in order to make that judgement. Let's hope that is correct.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows2m
As far as NaVorro Bowman's injury, the 49ers will allow his MCL injury to heal before he has surgery on his ACL.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Navorro Bowman ‏@NBowman53

Just wanna say Thank You for everyone's support it sucks not going to lie but I will get through this it's in Gods hands now.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Navorro Bowman ‏@NBowman53

Just wanna say Thank You for everyone's support it sucks not going to lie but I will get through this it's in Gods hands now.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Janie McCauley ‏@JanieMcCAP

AP Source: Torn ACL/MCL for #49ers NaVorro Bowman. Surgery for ACL, not MCL, which should heal w/rest. Expected to be ready for '14 season.
Originally posted by crabman82:
As far as NaVorro Bowman's injury, the 49ers will allow his MCL injury to heal before he has surgery on his ACL.

Damn so it's highly unlikely he plays week 1 next year
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

as i said earlier, people need to stop focusing on that right away. he'll be back when he is back. we dont need him in september, we need him in december/january. got to treat it like the crabtree situation.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

who cares when if he is there for week one,, just like aldon,, as long as it takes.
Originally posted by cciowa:

who cares when if he is there for week one,, just like aldon,, as long as it takes.

see washington. do opposite.
I don't want him back for week 1, rest it for another couple months and come back around week 9-10 IF he feels confident. I think we can survive that long without him, hopefully…Prayers
They can Move Ahmad Brooks over to inside LB on 1st and 2nd downs and for obvious pass downs they can rush Brooks and bring in Moody to play nickel backer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by cciowa:

see washington. do opposite.
wow,, is that ever the truth. we have some good guys who can fill in for a few weeks, plenty of time to think about that over the off season i guess
Share 49ersWebzone