There are 154 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This man is complete class and talent. The polar opposite of sherman
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Stop underestimating modern medicine and youth. Bowman will be back and in good form, but just don't expect it in week 1.

I am hoping for this. Not anticipating him ready for week 1 , but somewhere mid season. My biggest concern though is will he be the same. With how good modern medicine is, I hope so because that guy is a machine and so fun to watch play. Makes this loss so much worse

He most likely will be treated at Stanford, state of the art sports medicine. Is his injury worse than Lattimore's? It doesn't look like it. Stanford also has the best rehab program.
Here's the MASH unit to help out Bowman in his rehab. There are a lot of experienced players:

Gore
Lattimore
Cully
Manningham
Hunter
and Kyle Williams when he's not too busy catching passes for the Chiefs

A get well goes to Ian Williams and Iupati also
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Hope he comes back from this playing like he played before this injury, but I'm confidant he can do it.
In today's world of sports medicine, miracles happen. Lattimore destroyed his knee a year ago and is saying he feels 100%. If the MRI comes back as bad as they fear, we may be without Bowman for a good chunk of the season, but this defense has shown they can still be dominant with reserve players.

Plus, you know nobody is going to work harder at coming back than Bo. This guy is one of the best for a reason.
I think if the nerve is undamaged he can make a full recovery. It really just depends on what got f**ked up. I hope everything turns out for him. he seems like a really decent man.
happy for him that he at least got paid. thats what i love about our organization, if you're part of the core we take care of you before your contract gets to the final season. i wonder if seattle will do the same with a guy like sherman, they can pay him now, but will they let him play out his final year at a really cheap salary?
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk11s
MRI shows torn ACL and MCL for LB NaVorro Bowman, per league source.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Arguably our best and most consistent player on D this season and this s**t has to happen. What a terrible way to end the season. Get better Bow!

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:

He'll fight through it and win. Just have to hold up until the day he comes back.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I have never seen another LB dominate the way he did all season.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I f**king hate ray lewis but bow has those kind of instincts. He has such a natural feel for the game. He's really amazing to watch.
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I f**king hate ray lewis but bow has those kind of instincts. He has such a natural feel for the game. He's really amazing to watch.

Yeah he is the bestMLB in the game. Now he has a blown knee....Sad to say but guys don't come back from those types of injuries and play at the same high level....

What a sham. We couldn't even get him the win for sacrificing his knee .
has to be my favorite niner to play defense, ever! We haven't seen NaVorro's best season yet!
Share 49ersWebzone