LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
THE MAN will be on E:60 tomorrow 4:00PM PST. Set ur DVRs!

What do you think the secret his family kept from him will be?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
What do you think the secret his family kept from him will be?

Got the DVR set. I'm eager to find out. I'm thinking it will be something like your older brother is really your dad or something like that.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Got the DVR set. I'm eager to find out. I'm thinking it will be something like your older brother is really your dad or something like that.

LOL!
Just watched the E:60 story on Biwman.....can't say enough about this amazing program about him....my next jersey.....#53 Bowman.....unbelievably strong person.....
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Just watched the E:60 story on Biwman.....can't say enough about this amazing program about him....my next jersey.....#53 Bowman.....unbelievably strong person.....

Yeah the dude that killed his dad drives right past him..............daaaaam!
Jesus f**kING CHRIST, did anybody see that part in the 4th quarter where Bowman practically murders a dude trying to strip the ball? -The guy laid listless on the ground after trying to retain the ball, and as Bowman got up, HE DIDN'T EVEN USE HIS ARMS... the dude was just rising. Wtf.

Arms like f**kING LAWNMOWER BLADES!!!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Jesus f**kING CHRIST, did anybody see that part in the 4th quarter where Bowman practically murders a dude trying to strip the ball? -The guy laid listless on the ground after trying to retain the ball, and as Bowman got up, HE DIDN'T EVEN USE HIS ARMS... the dude was just rising. Wtf.

what was funny was the refs had already blew the whistle.....and after he threw him to the ground, still kind of stood over him mugging. Refs had every opportunity to throw a flag...but even they were like "fuuuuuk that".
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what was funny was the refs had already blew the whistle.....and after he threw him to the ground, still kind of stood over him mugging. Refs had every opportunity to throw a flag...but even they were like "fuuuuuk that".
i did not see the game but my daughter told me,, she saw the worst personal foul in the world called on bowman. she was hysterical and could not be reasoned with so i had to hang up while she was was still babbling. can you enlighten me?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

i did not see the game but my daughter told me,, she saw the worst personal foul in the world called on bowman. she was hysterical and could not be reasoned with so i had to hang up while she was was still babbling. can you enlighten me?
that personal foul was a different play. (hitting a player without a helmet)

i can't remember the bowman one

I believe it was a pass out in the flat to FB Tu'ufo'ou, 49ers played it well and got him for a loss, but they called Bowman for PF...I think helmet-to-helmet.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I believe it was a pass out in the flat to FB Tu'ufo'ou, 49ers played it well and got him for a loss, but they called Bowman for PF...I think helmet-to-helmet.

oh yeah..it was a defensiveless receiver
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I don't think it was on Bowman, but the call was ridiculous and led to their field goal. The runner (think it was MJD) was sweeping to the outside and being tackled for a loss, but he barely got away from the first 49ers defender. His helmet got ripped off in the process, so the play should've been called dead, but they let it go. Next Niners defender comes up a second later and does just a regular tackle that hits him in the shoulder, and they called helmet to helmet. So it was crap because the play should've been called dead once the helmet came off, and it was even worse because the Niners defender didn't come close to hitting his head.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Disp:
I don't think it was on Bowman, but the call was ridiculous and led to their field goal. The runner (think it was MJD) was sweeping to the outside and being tackled for a loss, but he barely got away from the first 49ers defender. His helmet got ripped off in the process, so the play should've been called dead, but they let it go. Next Niners defender comes up a second later and does just a regular tackle that hits him in the shoulder, and they called helmet to helmet. So it was crap because the play should've been called dead once the helmet came off, and it was even worse because the Niners defender didn't come close to hitting his helmet.

Skuta was the dude that hit him first. He did make contact helmet to helmet, but dude is a runner, so there should've been no flag. The announcers thought they called it on McDonald after the helmet came off, but they were confused. They called it on Skuta for the initial contact.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Disp:
I don't think it was on Bowman, but the call was ridiculous and led to their field goal. The runner (think it was MJD) was sweeping to the outside and being tackled for a loss, but he barely got away from the first 49ers defender. His helmet got ripped off in the process, so the play should've been called dead, but they let it go. Next Niners defender comes up a second later and does just a regular tackle that hits him in the shoulder, and they called helmet to helmet. So it was crap because the play should've been called dead once the helmet came off, and it was even worse because the Niners defender didn't come close to hitting his helmet.

Skuta was the dude that hit him first. He did make contact helmet to helmet, but dude is a runner, so there should've been no flag. The announcers thought they called it on McDonald after the helmet came off, but they were confused. They called it on Skuta for the initial contact.
thanks guys,, she was babbling cussing and talking about killing the refs so i could not talk to her, sounds like a terrible call against us.. and i always protect the refs you know
Share 49ersWebzone