There are 148 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
You know I've been doing A LOT of thinking. About Navorro and I come to the conclusion that the 49ers should NOT play him this year and they should IR him. Its September and he's barely starting to Sprint. His 6 week P.U.P is just 5 weeks away and if he's barely starting to sprint Yikes. He still has to strengthen his knee and also learn how to cut again. Why risk OUR BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM? He's 26 with a Bright future ahead in the next 4-5 years. Why risk it especially since he's a long ways from being really ready? Let him rehab this whole season and upcoming offseason and let him come back in '15 as strong as new and as good as new. Also this would free up a roster spot.

Now of course we already miss him BAD on defense but let these dudes Wilhoite and Boreland gain experience and lets rely more on our awesome passing game.

only way that'll happen is if Wilhoit improves dramatically, which I think he will. And I agree, don't rush him back. As much as he's missed, it's not worth the risk.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
You know I've been doing A LOT of thinking. About Navorro and I come to the conclusion that the 49ers should NOT play him this year and they should IR him. Its September and he's barely starting to Sprint. His 6 week P.U.P is just 5 weeks away and if he's barely starting to sprint Yikes. He still has to strengthen his knee and also learn how to cut again. Why risk OUR BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM? He's 26 with a Bright future ahead in the next 4-5 years. Why risk it especially since he's a long ways from being really ready? Let him rehab this whole season and upcoming offseason and let him come back in '15 as strong as new and as good as new. Also this would free up a roster spot.

Now of course we already miss him BAD on defense but let these dudes Wilhoite and Boreland gain experience and lets rely more on our awesome passing game.

only way that'll happen is if Wilhoit improves dramatically, which I think he will. And I agree, don't rush him back. As much as he's missed, it's not worth the risk.

I don't get how you're saying he's just now starting to sprint. From everything I've read, this is a ahead of schedule. Let him continue to rehab, we have until week 12 w/the PUP rules, even then we could put him on the 53 and just make him one of the 7 inactive players until he's ready. I bet he's playing between week 7 & 10 and will be fine.
So with week 6 approaching do you guys think Bowman plays week 9 against the Rams after the bye week?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Wilhoite has really improved his game - played very well against Eagles.

We'll see how he does against Chiefs.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So with week 6 approaching do you guys think Bowman plays week 9 against the Rams after the bye week?

Play? Yes. Start? Maybe.

Haven't heard much on how his rehab is going.
@CamInman 2m2 minutes ago
Vic Fangio on @KNBR on NaVorro Bowman comeback: won't return immediately off PUP, will need couple weeks practice. (Seattle game possible)
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
@CamInman 2m2 minutes ago
Vic Fangio on @KNBR on NaVorro Bowman comeback: won't return immediately off PUP, will need couple weeks practice. (Seattle game possible)

soon.....

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i love bowman and we need him for the stretch run but i also like how michael and skuta are playing so we could afford to wait a extra week or two in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
i love bowman and we need him for the stretch run but i also like how michael and skuta are playing so we could afford to wait a extra week or two in my opinion

I agree but I'm still a bit disappointed by the news. PUP is for 6 weeks, the Seahawks game is week 11 so seeing that the Hawks game is "possible" means he probably won't even begin practicing until week 8 or 9, I was hoping he would practice as soon as eligible week 7 and play week 8 or 9.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

I agree but I'm still a bit disappointed by the news. PUP is for 6 weeks, the Seahawks game is week 11 so seeing that the Hawks game is "possible" means he probably won't even begin practicing until week 8 or 9, I was hoping he would practice as soon as eligible week 7 and play week 8 or 9.

with a guy like that i am sure the team does not want to hurry him in there esp since we have a pretty fine defense now and before bowman returns he will get aldon back.that will solidify and upgrade things even further plus i think brooks will get back to his usual self and lynch will get better every time he plays
I think it will be a miracle if he comes back anything close to his old dominant self. It will more that likely be next year that we see him back full strength. Not sayin ghe won't be back this year, but to expect him to be as good as he was is a tall order.
Haven't really heard anything about how he's coming along. Hope we get an update soon
Haven't really heard anything about how he's coming along. Hope we get an update soon

I literally just posted one

I literally just posted one

I mean an official update from Bowman or the coaches
Share 49ersWebzone