LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VDSF:
WOW! Just received a ESPN alert on my phone that he took a pay cut to help with salary cap #TeamPlayer

Yep. They created $2.6M. His salary for future seasons goes up though.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by VDSF:
WOW! Just received a ESPN alert on my phone that he took a pay cut to help with salary cap #TeamPlayer

Yep. They created $2.6M. His salary for future seasons goes up though.

Signed through 2018
Hmm...perhaps the harbinger of another big name player getting an extension?
helping the team while hurt, this guy is a f**king legend
Originally posted by ltrain:

I thought it was for rookie signings. Don't we only have <$700k?

AB81 GET IN HERE.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by ltrain:

I thought it was for rookie signings. Don't we only have <$700k?

AB81 GET IN HERE.

Yeah I think it was mostly to get the rookies all under contract.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Where did you guys hear he took a paycut? Only thing I see is they restructured the money and turned all but $700k this year into a signing bonus so they can spread the cap hit out over a few seasons. I don't see any mention of the money coming to him getting reduced though.
Bowman is THE MAN, what a guy takes one for the team in the Playoffs & takes a paycut as well to help the team get all rookies sign

Great timing on setting the example for Kap, Crabtree and Aldon before new contract negotiations.
Rogers comes off the books June 1st which creates 6 million in cap space I believe. This was to help with Kap's extension imo

Originally posted by Disp:
Where did you guys hear he took a paycut? Only thing I see is they restructured the money and turned all but $700k this year into a signing bonus so they can spread the cap hit out over a few seasons. I don't see any mention of the money coming to him getting reduced though.

This.
Originally posted by ayetee:

This.

He reduced his salary cap number this year. Better?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayetee:

This.

This. I think it's hilarious when everybody on the ESPN comments about how what a team player he is taking, standup guy and all this stuff, which I agree with but not because he turned his salary into bonus. if anything in the long run he will make more money, because he can invest that bonus because he gets it right away. it's not taking a pay cut
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Rogers comes off the books June 1st which creates 6 million in cap space I believe. This was to help with Kap's extension imo
That was my immediate thought as well.
anyone got access to this article? im assuming they were comparing kuechly to bowman...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10978595/2014-nfl-offseason-luke-kuechly-nfl-most-overrated-players
Share 49ersWebzone