LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Bow had to properly take ownership post Willis and not sure he did.

Were the 2015 49ers that much worse than the '07-'09 teams?

Very tough break for most to deal with (thanks Eric Reid, thanks Seattle)........but somehow I don't think Willis would have been the same way.

Nor Gore, nor Staley.

If I recall correctly, Bow had some character issues at Penn State. Nothing like Aldon Smith, but something...

Still love the guy, but not as much as Willis.

Only 2-3 years ago it was like Willis became the forgotten Niner......and now it's comical to see where each stands in Niner lore.
Indeed, sometimes legacies change even after the fact years later

I think people viewed Willis' decision as somewhat selfish/quiter and naively latched onto Bowman like a scorned ex lover.

But now Bowman has done the truly unacceptable, right? Whatever, not like he's sacking our QB in the playoffs or even battling for a playoff spot.

If you truly loved Bowman the player (I was kinda late on this bandwagon, always chose Justin Smith after Willis) then you should respect his decision. We/he failed to win a SB with the 49ers but he still has that competitive juice we always admired in him.

Maybe if he won a title with us. Or maybe if he wasn't overshadowed by Willis and got bigger paycheck - then he would have completely retired. So many 49ers ended up playing for the Raiders. What's the big deal. They will be a Las Vegas team soon anyway
[ Edited by Lipstickonface on Nov 10, 2017 at 3:40 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Numbers are good, however, there were several situations where the old Bowman would have covered space the current one no longer can.

Just saying...

Recovery and return to form takes a long time.
Longer than november 2017.
He will play better next season.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
First INT of the season for the raiders.
I guess he and Crabtree are still boys from the niner days because after the fight, Crabtree went to Bowman and they laughed about something.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I guess he and Crabtree are still boys from the niner days because after the fight, Crabtree went to Bowman and they laughed about something.

That's good, I must have missed that on the vid
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

That's good, I must have missed that on the vid
they just walked by each other, it's really nothing
still hate the fact that Bowman is responsible for keeping the raiders playoff hopes alive and well.

''Their first interception of the season.'' Dafuq.

All of those overall first rounders like Mack and all of those high profile free agents like Irvin and no INTS all season until a gimpy one legged Bowman got on the squad?
still hate the fact that Bowman is responsible for keeping the raiders playoff hopes alive and well.

All of those overall first rounders like Mack and all of those high profile free agents like Irvin and no INTS all season until a gimpy one legged Bowman got on the squad?
did you see the INT lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

did you see the INT lol

Lollll seriously, it literally fell into his lap.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

did you see the INT lol

Lollll seriously, it literally fell into his lap.
dude was laying on the ground while everyone was playing

he tripped over his own feet and looked up as the ball fell into his lap.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4thandlong:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/26/16702324/raiders-finally-first-int-of-the-season-broncos-navorro-bowman

Looks like he's the reason the ball got popped up in the first place...
Originally posted by jcs:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/26/16702324/raiders-finally-first-int-of-the-season-broncos-navorro-bowman

That is hilarious
Originally posted by jcs:

That is hilarious

What is?
Thread title misleading .....

Is—->>> WAS
Share 49ersWebzone