Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dude didn't even give Niner fans a farewell shout out. I don't like that

What did you expect...they cut him midseason. A thank you?

A "I'm gonna miss the Faithful" would of been nice

I don't think he has to, he was cut unceremoniously and told he was no longer wanted by KS and Lynch. He's an emotional player and I expect him to have a bad taste in his mouth over it and to use that as motivation to prove himself. He might have been a liability in the passing game but he was still a good 2 down LB and he is still an Iconic player in our 49er lore and I still think he deserved better...especially when he came back and asked to stay.
He wanted to leave..stop this whole he wasn't wanted
He asked to stay...stop with the denial...

Yeah, too late at that point. The dye had been cast.
lol asking to stay when he b***hed and demanded a trade shows what his commitment to the team. The FO is not going to keep that type of behavior in the locker room
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I don't think he has to, he was cut unceremoniously and told he was no longer wanted by KS and Lynch. He's an emotional player and I expect him to have a bad taste in his mouth over it and to use that as motivation to prove himself. He might have been a liability in the passing game but he was still a good 2 down LB and he is still an Iconic player in our 49er lore and I still think he deserved better...especially when he came back and asked to stay.

Going back to the OP, don't expect him to say thank you for cutting him

which is a dick move still
  • jcs
  • Veteran

lol asking to stay when he b***hed and demanded a trade shows what his commitment to the team. The FO is not going to keep that type of behavior in the locker room

"Lynch noted that Bowman had a problem with the reduced playing time, hence the trade talks, but that Bowman's agent eventually came back and said he'd be a "good soldier to remain on the team. In other words: Bowman wouldn't raise a fuss and would do his job.

"And I will tell you, just so everyone's clear, at some point I think Drew came back and said, listen, he'll acquiesce, he'll come and publicly state that he's willing to live with whatever," Lynch said of his conversation with Bowman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus."
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/14/16474882/49ers-news-navorro-bowman-cut-release-analysis-reaction

He's not going to say thank you after this transpired. Iconic player, locker room leader gets canned after less than a week of discussion.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

which is a dick move still

Ok I get it, never a fan and don't appreciate what he did for the team?
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 17, 2017 at 9:47 PM ]

"Lynch noted that Bowman had a problem with the reduced playing time, hence the trade talks, but that Bowman's agent eventually came back and said he'd be a "good soldier to remain on the team. In other words: Bowman wouldn't raise a fuss and would do his job.

"And I will tell you, just so everyone's clear, at some point I think Drew came back and said, listen, he'll acquiesce, he'll come and publicly state that he's willing to live with whatever," Lynch said of his conversation with Bowman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus."
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/14/16474882/49ers-news-navorro-bowman-cut-release-analysis-reaction

He's not going to say thank you after this transpired. Iconic player, locker room leader gets canned after less than a week of discussion.
He created it made his bed and needs to lay in it. can't blame anyone but himself. the Fans have nothing to do with it.
Ok I get it, never a fan and don't appreciate what he did for the team?
you were never a fan ? or i was never a fan ?

whatever you are asking is irrelevant. The drama he created has nothing to do with being a dick to the fans
I usually would agree that saying thanks to the fans isn't necessary and shouldn't be held against him, but I feel different on that subject with Bowman.

I'm not saying he is obligated or anything, It just seemed like a player of his stature here would say something to the people that really loved him as a 49ers. He is one of the most adored players in recent 49er history and accomplished some great things here. He also created his own brand "Mon5t3r", the 49er fans were the ones that bought his stuff.

and lastly, he is the reason he isn't with the team anymore. I understand discussing your frustrations with the coach, but the 49ers did him a favor, we cut him out of respect so he could choose a team himself that he thought was best. Which is huge for his family cause they don't have to move.

You just think a player like him would give a farewell or something. No biggy if he doesnt or anything, I just think it will leave a lot of fans with a sour taste in their mouth towards him when it comes to thinking of 49er greats. (Which btw can make you good money once you are retired and looking for appearance fees etc).

whatever, F&%k him. LETS GO FOSTER!
I love the old Bow and will always remember the good times. BUT....

Bow has acted like a little b***h since the new FO and staff was brought in. He asked for a trade, and instead of outright trading him to a s**t show, the team did the classy thing and released him, eating his salary and getting nothing in return. I would have traded him for whatever peanuts i could get.

He will continue to struggle in play IMO, and he really should hang them up, but i understand him wanting one more go. Raiders are where careers go to die however..

Lynch stated that he himself went through the same situation as a player in Denver. He knew that Bowman would remain disgruntled despite saying "he's willing to live with whatever." That wouldnt have helped the locker room this season.

Bowman's pride got in the way of reality.

We love Bowman for his legacy, but anyone else ever pick up on his attitude from 2015 right before the Vikings opener?

Someone asked him about if he spoke to Willis about dealing with AP and he seemed annoyed by the question "Don't need a lifeline or anything"....

I know he has pride in his game and has been a good dude for the Niners....but somehow I don't see Willis ever saying that in a similar boat or even Foster now...

Just seemed odd, considering a lot of Niner and NFL fans probably have considered him eclipsing Willis at that point.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
We love Bowman for his legacy, but anyone else ever pick up on his attitude from 2015 right before the Vikings opener?

Someone asked him about if he spoke to Willis about dealing with AP and he seemed annoyed by the question "Don't need a lifeline or anything"....

I know he has pride in his game and has been a good dude for the Niners....but somehow I don't see Willis ever saying that in a similar boat or even Foster now...

Just seemed odd, considering a lot of Niner and NFL fans probably have considered him eclipsing Willis at that point.

He seemed very egotistical. I think it always bothered him that he was considered a side kick to Willis because Bow was a really good player in his own right. Whatever. He is gone now and can go think he is great elsewhere. I do hope he ends up being great again, I wish no bad on the guy, but I think his ego really screwed him over in the end.

I always tell my friends, having an ego is pointless and has no benefits. It is one of the worst things someone can have in my opinion.
he only has like a 1-year deal with the Raiders too
Originally posted by defenderDX:
he only has like a 1-year deal with the Raiders too

Probaby gonna retire after the season
I don't think he has to, he was cut unceremoniously and told he was no longer wanted by KS and Lynch. He's an emotional player and I expect him to have a bad taste in his mouth over it and to use that as motivation to prove himself. He might have been a liability in the passing game but he was still a good 2 down LB and he is still an Iconic player in our 49er lore and I still think he deserved better...especially when he swallowed his pride and came back and asked to stay and still got shown the door.

He wasn't even that.

PFF: Overall 45.0 (red = poor) grade ranking #63. He couldn't tackle, missed holes, was late, had no range and had to cover more ground in a 4-3. His brain is still there but his body just isn't. It's heart breaking but this is where 30 year old twilight Niners go...to the Raiders.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone