There are 208 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This Guy is a workout warrior. Its gonna take time but I have no doubt in my mind that by mid season next year, this guy will be back producing like he has for 3 Probowl years. 49ers just better not rush him.

we have good coaches and doctors and that is the least thing i am worried about.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This Guy is a workout warrior. Its gonna take time but I have no doubt in my mind that by mid season next year, this guy will be back producing like he has for 3 Probowl years. 49ers just better not rush him.

The 49ers are not the Redskins.
Originally posted by cciowa:
haha. ken norton did the same thing to richard dent vs the chiefs. no one did it on purpose, you need to be more forgiving

It was bryant young.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
haha. ken norton did the same thing to richard dent vs the chiefs. no one did it on purpose, you need to be more forgiving

It was bryant young.

oh sorry, my mistake,, norton was crap for about the first games of that year though and it really was only when we convinced timmy harris to come out of retirement to rush the passer and break out his six guns was when our d got tough
What was the final result? Acl and mcl?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
What was the final result? Acl and mcl?

both, but they're saying the MCL should heal on its own, then they'll go in and fix the ACL.
I just had surgery for my dislocated/fractured knee, and one one of the nurses who saw Bowman told me he is they're waiting for the swelling to die down before surgery.
Willis posted a pic on his facebook and he has a cast on his hand. Never heard about any injury he sustained.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Willis posted a pic on his facebook and he has a cast on his hand. Never heard about any injury he sustained.

willis had a cast on his hand?

thats not out of the norm for him lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:

willis had a cast on his hand?

thats not out of the norm for him lol

He misread that. What it actually says beneath the pic is "Willis balls are made of cast iron with a titanium shell, and polished for less drag while chasing opponents."

That's what it said.

He actually gets both hands put in 50 lb. casts every offseason for resistance training.
Bowman seems to be a good human being and a phenomenal football player--I wish him all the best in recovery!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So get this.....According to the AP.....Bowman didn't receive a vote or potentially wasn't even on the ballot for DPOY

And the fact that the Associated Press reported that Bowman wasn't one of the six players to get a vote is stunning and, in my opinion, ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4979/wrong-inside-lb-wins-defensive-poy

Was this just a media ploy to give the good ol' boy from BC the award?

Tell me please how 93 solo tackles, 4 INTs, 2 sacks, ZERO FF's or FRs and 7 PDs oh and ZERO TDs is better than Bowman's stats of 120 solo tackles, 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 4 FFs, 2 FRs, 9 PDs, and 1 TD?!?!?!

WTF?!?!?!

They f**ked up bad.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM ]
Well this is wrong, Luke Kuechly won Defensive POY

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4979/wrong-inside-lb-wins-defensive-poy
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Well this is wrong, Luke Kuechly won Defensive POY

Agree with the article. If they were going to give it to a ILB, it should have been Bowman. Kuechly is a great player. Bowman was better. But like so many of these awards, it's often the guy who had a "breakout" season who gets the edge. Bowman sustained that level of play, and more, for over 3 seasons,
Share 49ersWebzone