LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Just saw my Ortho doc today and talked about Bowman's injury. Doc said due to the amount of damage, knee capsule specially, Bowman will never be the same player so don't get hopes up.

no offense intended, but the docs at Stanford are at a higher level.

worse comes to worse..... bust out the deer antler.

You are assuming Stanford doctors are better than average.

I've known doctors who say Stanford is notoriously bad. But maybe that's just in general, they might be really good at sports related injuries.
Just saw my Ortho doc today and talked about Bowman's injury. Doc said due to the amount of damage, knee capsule specially, Bowman will never be the same player so don't get hopes up.

This. An article already touched on this but the 49ers have some of the best doctors in this area. Guys leading the industry on it. Not some scrub doctor you go to for your s**t.

The one doctor said with the technology they have now that they can make you better than you were before, and that is there goal. So if Bowman puts in the work he will be back 100%.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
This. An article already touched on this but the 49ers have some of the best doctors in this area. Guys leading the industry on it. Not some scrub doctor you go to for your s**t.

The one doctor said with the technology they have now that they can make you better than you were before, and that is there goal. So if Bowman puts in the work he will be back 100%.

This. Plus do you really think players who make $5+ million dollars per year won't go to the absolute best doctors in the world? They will travel if need be, they want to be making that money as long as possible.
We could just send Bowman to the Phoenix Suns medical staff, he'll be back to normal in no time

This
Thank You!
Bow will see the best! Get well Bow. You are a true warrior!
Man, I get so sad every time I think about that Bowman play. I really hope he recovers 100% and is back to being the best defensive player in the league like he was this season. This guy was arguably our best player this year and it sucks that he has this injury happen while in his prime. Good thing he's still young and has a workhorse mentality.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
after sundays horrific event we have a man barely alive, navorro bowman but gentlemen, we can rebuild him. we have the technology. he will be better than he was before.. better, stronger faster
Originally posted by cciowa:
after sundays horrific event we have a man barely alive, navorro bowman but gentlemen, we can rebuild him. we have the technology. he will be better than he was before.. better, stronger faster

Hellyeah!!!!
Go bowman!!!!!!
Goniners!!!
not sure how some of you still think Bowman won't recover or won't ever be the same. The things we can do with medicine these days is incredible, if any of us had this type of injury then maybe we wouldn't be the same but Navarro Bowman? King LB of the NFL? Stud athlete at what 25-26 years old? Come on guys, he's gonna get the best doctors in the world using the most advanced technology with the best rehab doctors in the world watching over him and he's gonna work at it with nothing in mind other than getting back into peak physical condition. I read several reports that said he could very well be ready by week 1, IMO worst case he's on PUP to start the season and plays shortly after week 6. Sure the injury was horrific and it sucked that it happened to our best player, but seriously, he'll be fine. the one bright side is it happened to an ILB, remember we have the best 2 in the entire league, if any position can take that hit it's the ILB spot.

Yeah, look at the linebacker for the Panthers, Thomas? Wasn't he coming two ACL surgeries or something. And he's still BLAZING fast and is one of the best linebackers in the game.

Cool Story
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, look at the linebacker for the Panthers, Thomas? Wasn't he coming two ACL surgeries or something. And he's still BLAZING fast and is one of the best linebackers in the game.

Cool Story

he actually had 3
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Watching that broke my spirits. That rarely happens during a game. The leader of the Defense goes down like that.....Man that was hard to watch.

Reminded me of Hearst's injury.....didnt have the same feelings after watching that.....i mean from hope to our season is over....yea when the heart gets taken out...the rest of the game is hard to go through....even if we won....Bowmans injury was a devastating one to the club....but heres one to a speedy and healthy recovery and an injury free rest of career.....

#navorrowbowman2014nfldefensiveplayeroftheyear
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Watching that broke my spirits. That rarely happens during a game. The leader of the Defense goes down like that.....Man that was hard to watch.

Reminded me of Hearst's injury.....didnt have the same feelings after watching that.....i mean from hope to our season is over....yea when the heart gets taken out...the rest of the game is hard to go through....even if we won....Bowmans injury was a devastating one to the club....but heres one to a speedy and healthy recovery and an injury free rest of career.....

#navorrowbowman2014nfldefensiveplayeroftheyear
credit the team, remember, when he got hurt, we sucked it up, got the ball back and drove down the field,,. sure we lost but the heart and courage that team showed after losing bowman was off the charts in my opinion. soooo proud of them
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'll never forgive Reid for ruining Bowman's career.

#neverforget
Share 49ersWebzone