LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He has played very well all year and did so again yesterday.

But I'd say the Brooks play was more pivotal, otherwise they have a first and goal, probably score a td and leave us with no time!

I liked the result of the Bowman play but IMO we/he got away with one on that play on 4th. He clearly had his hands on the wr with the ball in the air, which is pass interference. If the teams were reversed, we would all be pissed off big time.

Still, got to get those calls to go on these runs and am glad for us, esp. since we didn't get any of those for about a 6 year stretch!
Originally posted by rk1642:
He has played very well all year and did so again yesterday.

But I'd say the Brooks play was more pivotal, otherwise they have a first and goal, probably score a td and leave us with no time!

I liked the result of the Bowman play but IMO we/he got away with one on that play on 4th. He clearly had his hands on the wr with the ball in the air, which is pass interference. If the teams were reversed, we would all be pissed off big time.

Still, got to get those calls to go on these runs and am glad for us, esp. since we didn't get any of those for about a 6 year stretch!

fitting that they didn't call PI since the dirty birds were pushing off on our corners all day
The next several seasons of Bowman and Willis are going to be fun to watch. Ray Lewis was always special but he never had a talent like Bowman or Willis playing beside him. Bowman will go down as one of the most athletic LB to play the game and having Willis at his side only makes him more dangerous.
I'm getting his jersey
Originally posted by goodthings19:
The next several seasons of Bowman and Willis are going to be fun to watch. Ray Lewis was always special but he never had a talent like Bowman or Willis playing beside him. Bowman will go down as one of the most athletic LB to play the game and having Willis at his side only makes him more dangerous.

Would love to see them play out their careers together as Niners! Trent needs to make it happen.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Bowman is a LB with DB skills. I bet he could fill in at CB in a pinch!

I like Bowman, but I wouldn't go that far. I will say he's the closest in coverage skills for a LB to Derrick Brooks.
BIG DAWG ! 53
Our Linebackers, Willis, Brook and Bowman, in that order, made huge plays that last set of downs to seal the victory.

Sure tackling, skilled pass deflecting and skilled coverage.

The greatest unit on the niners stepped up big.
Originally posted by communist:
Still was a liability in coverage against Tony G.

You think Bowman would do better? It's f**king Tony G
Brooks, Bowman and Willis all showed up. For as bad as the first half was on defense, they got their act together and made the adjustments necissary to get a shutout in the second half.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM ]

who cares who's better... we got both locked down!
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
who cares who's better... we got both locked down!

Agree. Grea t to watch them both.
Bowman and Brooks. If A. Brooks didn't bat that pass down it would be at the 1 or a TD. That receiver was open in the corner.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for DatNyjerSireez.
Makes you forget about Jeff Ulbrich. Who??????? I know right????
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Makes you forget about Jeff Ulbrich. Who??????? I know right????

and that dude Winborn
Share 49ersWebzone