There are 182 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'll admit it. Our defense holds a lot. Hell even our offense holds a lot. But the times I do watch other teams and other plays. I see it happening everywhere and just about every play if you were to pause a frame and zoom in on every player I guarantee you'll find a hold somewhere. is it right...no. But is it a Seahawk thing only, absolutely not. But the Seahawks are finally getting success and for those who won't admit its because they're finally good, then they'll use that as the only reason they can win. You want an uber clean game, the refs have to set the tone, call all EVERY holding penalty in the first 4-5 plays of the game. If not, the refs have decided they're going to let the players play it out. Therefore deal with it, bring it right back to them, or quit crying about it because unless you're a ref on the field or Roger Goddell it's not going to change.

I agree 100 brother! Stop whining and fight back! You let me coach. Thug ish baby! I'm out for blood. As far as I'm concerned the refs can go to bed. All out murder on the field!
Originally posted by crake49:
This is the kind of thing that simply didn't happen to Sanders a lot because he had tremendous closing speed. Sherman doesn't have even close to Sanders speed. And Seahawk fan makes the point that Sanders likes Sherman. So what? Sanders knows Sherman couldn't carry his jock. He's actually a pretty friendly and generous guy and he's in the media so he likes anything that increases viewership and clicks. Say what you want about Dick - he creates interest.

I've said this before and I'm sticking to it - Sherman doesn't have the speed to stick with receivers he hasn't been able to slow down by grabbing on. Look at this play - he makes a desperate grab to hold him and can't get his hand on him - and it's over. And Wright isn't even what you'd call a serious speed burner; he just has good speed. Teams are going to figure Sherman out. Teams are going to find ways to free up speedsters on his side of the field and the Seahawks are going to have to change their scheme. Right now, everyone knows where he's going to be. We'll know by a third of the way through this next season if I'm right about this. And if I'm right, the Seahawks just dumped very serious money on a corner who is going to get burned over and over by a certain kind of strategy NFL offenses are going to throw at him.

This is why his contract is year to year. They can dump him at any time
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
deion was a total showboat, which you can't deny

sherman is just a giant douche

"Showboat" is a perfect word for what he was. That high stepping still cracks me up. The guy was annoying, but hilarious at the same time.

I liken Deion to how Chad Johnson used to be. He was always running his mouth, but it was good natured trash talk. The same type of stuff you hear in pick up basketball games. As someone said before, Sherman's comes from hatred and anger. I am no psychologist, but I would guess that he has some deep-seeded issues, and his way of dealing is lashing out.
No. He wasnt.

/thread
The extent that Sherman hates Crabtree is really weird. Crabtree must have made it with the girl of his dreams or something. Seriously, Dion didn't have to hate someone to fuel himself into beating them. He just dared any quarterback to throw his way.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I liken Deion to how Chad Johnson used to be. He was always running his mouth, but it was good natured trash talk. The same type of stuff you hear in pick up basketball games. As someone said before, Sherman's comes from hatred and anger. I am no psychologist, but I would guess that he has some deep-seeded issues, and his way of dealing is lashing out.

Crab touched on it already. Lil man syndrome. Crab has been coddled throughout his career as the top dog high man on totem and Sherm has been the complete opposite and it obviously bugs him to the point of foolishly lashing out. Crab slighted him at the BBQ and rose up to thrash him and Sherm decided to handle Crab through the media and on the field. His prerogative but right now Sherm is showing his coochie because he is clearly demonstrating lil man syndrome well after he has already established himself the champion on the field. Right now Sherm should be quiet and let his film speak but he can't because he is still seeking that affirmation that he hasn't gotten throughout his career. This is deep seeded and this can be said for a lot of players on certain team(s). they say act like you've been there before, well Sherm hasn't until now and we can see it in his actions! Now that he is on top he has to make sure people can see him. What Crab was saying when he wins he keeps quiet because the ish aint new to him
HAAAA dammit. The media is catching on.There's a reason Sherman is good for the niners mentally ;

A cbs beat writer iirc told Sherman to stop boasting about Crabtree because all he is doing

Is motivating the niners.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
HAAAA dammit. The media is catching on.There's a reason Sherman is good for the niners mentally ;

A cbs beat writer iirc told Sherman to stop boasting about Crabtree because all he is doing

Is motivating the niners.

True
male version of Whoopi Goldberg
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Prime Time >>> prime douche

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I smell a ... oh, never-mind.

I feel ya

fake azz Niner fans with weak accounts on the zone... go back to .nut, damn trolls
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersush:
im sure you will all disagree with me but here goes.

1)i dont hate sherman, he's a bit douchy but there are worse guys out there
2)i did hate deon w every team he was on except us ofcourse
3)i'm happy sherman is talking so much trash about crabtree cause really what has crabtree done? i hope he keeps talking s**t about crabs and keeps it up all the way through crabs career. maybe its my opinion of crabs that prompts this. but also again what has crab done for the 9ers really? couldnt catch a ball at the end of the superbowl out of what 3-4 tries. can certainly got his ass punked by sherman last year. so i say sherman keep talking about crabs all day long. it might get his b***h ass to stop complaining about his p***y ass foot injury and play like man and make some dam plays.

ninersush trolling 49er webforums like a pro.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is why his contract is year to year. They can dump him at any time

I didn't know that about Sherman's contract. Interesting.

It is structured very similar to Kap's. I wish there was a larger signing bonus and no ability to get out of that deal until at least 3 years in because I see Sherm taking a nosedive at some point soon because I consider him to be a little limited for a supposed shut down CB
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

It is structured very similar to Kap's. I wish there was a larger signing bonus and no ability to get out of that deal until at least 3 years in because I see Sherm taking a nosedive at some point soon because I consider him to be a little limited for a supposed shut down CB

A little limited? He is only good along the sidelines and in the red zone because of his size. This is why he stays on one side of the field and doesn't shadow a team's #1 WR like real shutdown CBs do. Even along the sidelines, he still isn't great unless he slows the WR down and ruins his route by illegally making contact downfield. He can't cover the slot and sucks in zone. Richard Sherman is the most overrated player in football. The guy literally talked his way up.

Deion was a showboat, but he never had to take to the media to establish himself. He did that on the field and only on the field. So to answer the thread's question, no, Deion was never hated as much as Sherman.
Share 49ersWebzone