LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'll admit it. Our defense holds a lot. Hell even our offense holds a lot. But the times I do watch other teams and other plays. I see it happening everywhere and just about every play if you were to pause a frame and zoom in on every player I guarantee you'll find a hold somewhere. is it right...no. But is it a Seahawk thing only, absolutely not. But the Seahawks are finally getting success and for those who won't admit its because they're finally good, then they'll use that as the only reason they can win. You want an uber clean game, the refs have to set the tone, call all EVERY holding penalty in the first 4-5 plays of the game. If not, the refs have decided they're going to let the players play it out. Therefore deal with it, bring it right back to them, or quit crying about it because unless you're a ref on the field or Roger Goddell it's not going to change.

Look, I get what you're trying to say. I do. However, when someone wants to call themselves the best at what they do, they shouldn't have to cheat to get it done. It doesn't matter how you try to justify it.

Did Revis or Nnamdi have to cheat to be considered the best CB when they were at the top of their games? Absolutely not.

You can try to act like you see every team doing it (and I'm sure every team does do it here and there), but no team does it anywhere near as often as yours does. And guess what? Believe it or not, that's actually OK with me. What's not OK with me is for their fans to ignore it and act like they're head and shoulders above the rest when they know that's a load of BS.

Earl Thomas is a true stud. He is a beast. Period. But Richard Sherman. Absolutely not. If he stops his holding and illegal contact, he is an average CB.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jul 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'll admit it. Our defense holds a lot. Hell even our offense holds a lot. But the times I do watch other teams and other plays. I see it happening everywhere and just about every play if you were to pause a frame and zoom in on every player I guarantee you'll find a hold somewhere. is it right...no. But is it a Seahawk thing only, absolutely not. But the Seahawks are finally getting success and for those who won't admit its because they're finally good, then they'll use that as the only reason they can win. You want an uber clean game, the refs have to set the tone, call all EVERY holding penalty in the first 4-5 plays of the game. If not, the refs have decided they're going to let the players play it out. Therefore deal with it, bring it right back to them, or quit crying about it because unless you're a ref on the field or Roger Goddell it's not going to change.

Look, I get what you're trying to say. I do. However, when someone wants to call themselves the best at what they do, they shouldn't have to cheat to get it done. It doesn't matter how you try to justify it.

Did Revis or Nnamdi have to cheat to be considered the best CB when they were at the top of their games? Absolutely not.

You can try to act like you see every team doing it (and I'm sure every team does do it here and there), but no team does it anywhere near as often as yours does. And guess what? Believe it or not, that's actually OK with me. What's not OK with me is for their fans to ignore it and act like they're head and shoulders above the rest when they know that's a load of BS.

Earl Thomas is a true stud. He is a beast. Period. But Richard Sherman. Absolutely not. If he stops his holding and illegal contact, he is an average CB.

Gimmicks like this come along in every sport. For us it was Kap running the read option and the league clearly made attempts to take that away. In hockey you had Tampa Bay runnning a gimmick alignment a few years back where they refused to take the offensive zone unless handling the puck....usually a sports governing body makes attempts to adjust for the game altering imbalance. You have to wonder if the NFL will make an under the radar move to enforce the rules in regards to Seattle this year....especially when they flouted the fact that the deliberately cheat every down daring the refs to throw the flag, knowing they wouldn't delay the game enough to flag every down. Usually things like that draw the ire of the competition comittee.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Deon ran his mouth with a cocky self assured swagger and a smile on his face that made you realize it was all just part of the game, just showmanship....Sherman cuts wrestling promo's while violently intimidating poor defensless sideline reports and acts like a thuggish ass at every opportunity.You cant even compare the difference in the kind of hate that engenders it's Apples and Oranges....or maybe a more appropo anology would be Weed and Roids.

Good point. There was definitely a kind of humor in Deion's swagger - he didn't seem to take himself nearly as seriously as Sherman does. Sherman's rants are all about anger. Deion was more about ribbing the other guy with that smile on his face.
deion was a total showboat, which you can't deny

sherman is just a giant douche
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
deion was a total showboat, which you can't deny

sherman is just a giant douche

"Showboat" is a perfect word for what he was. That high stepping still cracks me up. The guy was annoying, but hilarious at the same time.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Shermans just an insecure b*tch, thats all it really is...

Deion never was, he was arrogant but he did it with style. Sherman is obviously a dick so he can think he is repressing mommy or daddy issues.

Yeah, something is clearly going on there. And, if you watched him get burned by the Colts, you saw him go into a complete funk. I think he's going to flame out if teams start going after him and burning him. I don't think he has the psychological strength to take the pounding.

All hermaphrodites have serious issues / are insecure, go figure...
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Deion ran his mouth with a cocky self assured swagger and a smile on his face that made you realize it was all just part of the game, just showmanship....Sherman cuts wrestling promo's while violently intimidating poor defensless sideline reports and acts like a thuggish ass at every opportunity.You cant even compare the difference in the kind of hate that engenders it's Apples and Oranges....or maybe a more appropo anology would be Weed and Roids.

Deion to me just loved the game and when he came to the Niners, he remined guys to loosen up a bit, play their asses off but have fun doing it. Deion didn't smoke or drink and was a strong Christian in his faith and the "showboating" was just backyard football fun. Nobody took offense to it or took it personally (except an OCD like Rice) b/c it was all in good nature (clearly). But at practice, in the film room, on the field, he did everything to help his team win and lift up others (hell, he even played WR and ST). Our secondary was "tight" when he arrived and he loosened everyone up (even our stern coach) and we started making plays all over the field (not just him); of course it helps to have a pure lock-down CB who could live on an island and bait QB's.

Dick couldn't BE more opposite to this. Dick is 100% about himself (image) and is alienating his teammates and forcing fans to continually defend his actions and decisions even AFTER he got his contract and a Superbowl win (of which he did very little that game). Right now and even after winning a Superbowl, the Hawks are not talked about as Champions hardly at all...they are cast members in the Dick Sherman show. Period. And that is sad and the antithesis of what football is truly about (teamwork through anonymity).
Originally posted by Baldie:
His rant only has fire because he was directly involved in that deflection to Crabs in the NFCCG. He has no fire to his rant had the niners moved on to the SB. What makes matters worse is Seattle won the SB so Sherman can rant even more. The only way to shut him up is by beating up on Seattle. If the niners can win both meetings this season, Sherman can't say sh*t. All he'll have is excuses.

Really? Last time we beat him all he could talk about was how poor the officiating was in that, "glorified scrimmage."

Trust me, this guy will NEVER stop talking until someone knocks his ass out and his jaw is wired shut...of which he'll just revert more to social media ranks.
im sure you will all disagree with me but here goes.

1)i dont hate sherman, he's a bit douchy but there are worse guys out there
2)i did hate deon w every team he was on except us ofcourse
3)i'm happy sherman is talking so much trash about crabtree cause really what has crabtree done? i hope he keeps talking s**t about crabs and keeps it up all the way through crabs career. maybe its my opinion of crabs that prompts this. but also again what has crab done for the 9ers really? couldnt catch a ball at the end of the superbowl out of what 3-4 tries. can certainly got his ass punked by sherman last year. so i say sherman keep talking about crabs all day long. it might get his b***h ass to stop complaining about his p***y ass foot injury and play like man and make some dam plays.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
HATED the falcons back then, but enjoyed watching Deion do his thang.

I just like how Crabs is handling this nonsense. Sherman keeps talking, Crabs just says he wants to play ball. Sherman looks like an idiot for holding onto this so long.
Originally posted by ninersush:

3)i'm happy sherman is talking so much trash about crabtree cause really what has crabtree done? i hope he keeps talking s**t about crabs and keeps it up all the way through crabs career. maybe its my opinion of crabs that prompts this. but also again what has crab done for the 9ers really? couldnt catch a ball at the end of the superbowl out of what 3-4 tries. can certainly got his ass punked by sherman last year. so i say sherman keep talking about crabs all day long. it might get his b***h ass to stop complaining about his p***y ass foot injury and play like man and make some dam plays.

What has he done? Do you even watch the 49ers? My bet is you will say yes, but the answer is no.

Get over whatever grudge you have against Crabtree. The hold out was 5 years ago. Let it go.
Originally posted by ninersush:

I smell a ... oh, never-mind.
Originally posted by trogdor:
I just like how Crabs is handling this nonsense. Sherman keeps talking, Crabs just says he wants to play ball. Sherman looks like an idiot for holding onto this so long.

Truth. Crabtree is just a lot cooler guy with a lot more self-control.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by trogdor:

Truth. Crabtree is just a lot cooler guy with a lot more self-control.

Little man syndrome
Share 49ersWebzone