LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k sherman

It would of been poetic justice if he tore his Achilles. He could of called Crabs for some rehab tips.

lol
Not even close, Deion was never a big hitter and avoided contact. Sherman likes to mix it and relies more on bending the rules rather than speed, although, he moves quite well. Deion was super fast, he could bait the receiver and then use that great speed to recover. His runs after the interception are highlight reels. Sherman's demeanor is nasty and he looks for the cheap shot. Deion, pardon the pun, has a less offensive personality. Would I want someone like Sherman on the 49ers? In a heart beat.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Sherman is so good because Chancellor and Earl Thomas make him look good.Earl Thomas is a a mini Polamalu and Chancellor puts the fear of god in receiver's

Sherman's not hated.. except in SF.. and by Skip Bayless.. and perhaps by your coach.. Thank God he wasn't smart enough to draft him.. His jersey is a top 10 seller.. he was targeted 58 times this season, fewest of any DB in the NFL.. yet he led the NFL in INTs... he was thrown at twice in the NFCCG and still made the Super Bowl clinching play resulting in an INT.. 1st team AP.. DPOY finalist.. After just 3 yrs he's already tied for 15th on the active int list (1 behind Revis).. and his charity work for kids is awesome..

You want to discuss his other media spotlights: He gave Bayless exactly what that unprepared lying imbecile deserved (should have gotten a medal).. U Mad Bro Brady was initiated by Brady himself saying he was going to turn the 12th Man against the Hawks and that Sherman and Thomas should see him after the game.. well Sherman did.. Sherman was at SB down in NOLA asking random people on the street who was the better CB Revis or Sherman.. then when most would answer Revis he'd smile and introduce himself.. it was a funny bit.. Revis/Sherman tweets.. Sherman backed up everything he said with stats and going out and being the best CB in the league.. making the game clinching play in the NFCCG.. and shutting down his side of the field in the SB beat-down.. Revis even tweeted a congrats to him... As for the Crabtree play.. That was raw NFL emotions flowing out from a player that thrives on emotion.. He realized he shouldn't have done it and apologized for it later.. besides.. you should look at your own QB for throwing it there.. and it wasn't 'underthrown'.. Sherman was running Crabtree's route.. and the slight separation at the end was the result of Crabtree pushing off (his left hand on Sherman's right shoulder) otherwise Sherman would have had the int outright.. as it was he made a spectacularly athletic play {after the shove rotated him away) by readjusting in mid air and getting his hand back to deflect it to Smith...

Game Over
[ Edited by banosser on Feb 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM ]
Deion never acted cowardly. Why would he be hated as much as Sherman? When Sherman only disclosed that Crabtree bullied him last year, he waited until after NCCG victory to mention it. Didn't mention it before the game (just in case they lost). Didn't mention it in the 2 regular season games (Crabtree didn't play game 1, niners won game 2).

Then when the NCCG game is in hand, he taunts the niners, Crabtree shoves him in the face and what does Sherman do? He runs to the referee to try to tattle-tell on Crabtree. Then waits until the post game interview and tries to act tough in front of the camera. Can you say ... fake tough guy?

Forget Deion, has any football player ever acted like that in NFL history????? Sherman's man-card has been revoked.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
As many on here have said, Deion was hated because he was cocky, trashy and a self promoter but he was a completely different kind of corner from Sherman and a league above, I've never seen anyone play the position like him since and wish he had stayed a Niner. Deion played the ball, not the man and he was a home run threat every time he got one, that's why he was almost never tested.

I remember Deion trash talking, but he never tried to put another player down in the same manner in which Sherman did that I can remember anyway.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by banosser:

Sherman's not hated.. except in SF.. and by Skip Bayless.. and perhaps by your coach.. Thank God he wasn't smart enough to draft him.. His jersey is a top 10 seller.. he was targeted 58 times this season, fewest of any DB in the NFL.. yet he led the NFL in INTs... he was thrown at twice in the NFCCG and still made the Super Bowl clinching play resulting in an INT.. 1st team AP.. DPOY finalist.. After just 3 yrs he's already tied for 15th on the active int list (1 behind Revis).. and his charity work for kids is awesome..

You want to discuss his other media spotlights: He gave Bayless exactly what that unprepared lying imbecile deserved (should have gotten a medal).. U Mad Bro Brady was initiated by Brady himself saying he was going to turn the 12th Man against the Hawks and that Sherman and Thomas should see him after the game.. well Sherman did.. Sherman was at SB down in NOLA asking random people on the street who was the better CB Revis or Sherman.. then when most would answer Revis he'd smile and introduce himself.. it was a funny bit.. Revis/Sherman tweets.. Sherman backed up everything he said with stats and going out and being the best CB in the league.. making the game clinching play in the NFCCG.. and shutting down his side of the field in the SB beat-down.. Revis even tweeted a congrats to him... As for the Crabtree play.. That was raw NFL emotions flowing out from a player that thrives on emotion.. He realized he shouldn't have done it and apologized for it later.. besides.. you should look at your own QB for throwing it there.. and it wasn't 'underthrown'.. Sherman was running Crabtree's route.. and the slight separation at the end was the result of Crabtree pushing off (his left hand on Sherman's right shoulder) otherwise Sherman would have had the int outright.. as it was he made a spectacularly athletic play {after the shove rotated him away) by readjusting in mid air and getting his hand back to deflect it to Smith...

Game Over

didn't read
Originally posted by Buchy:
As many on here have said, Deion was hated because he was cocky, trashy and a self promoter but he was a completely different kind of corner from Sherman and a league above, I've never seen anyone play the position like him since and wish he had stayed a Niner. Deion played the ball, not the man and he was a home run threat every time he got one, that's why he was almost never tested.

I remember Deion trash talking, but he never tried to put another player down in the same manner in which Sherman did that I can remember anyway.

Funny thing is I think Deion loves Richard Sherman. Anyway, outside of the Niner fanbase, I really don't think Richard Sherman is as hated as people here would like to think. Hell I was in NYC for Super Bowl weekend and was expecting to hear all sorts of hate about Richard Sherman after the Crab Tree rant and ran into a lot of random people just saying things to the extent of how much they loved the dude and his raw emotion. Surprisingly very few saying how they didn't like his rant. Again I was actually expecting to get crap for it, but I didn't hear much if at all. Honestly the only person I encountered that entire weekend that said anything like "f**k Richard Sherman" was a fan wearing a Niner jersey at the big game. That's about it. Anyway, until Richard Sherman starts creating problems for the actual team itself and/or stops backing up his talk. Whatever motivates him, I'm fine with it. I kind of see his antics like Anderson Silva. I wasn't a fan of his in-fight taunting either but I realized it's part of his gameplan and in fact makes him who he is. All sports need a few athletes like this for entertainment purposes.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Funny thing is I think Deion loves Richard Sherman. Anyway, outside of the Niner fanbase, I really don't think Richard Sherman is as hated as people here would like to think. Hell I was in NYC for Super Bowl weekend and was expecting to hear all sorts of hate about Richard Sherman after the Crab Tree rant and ran into a lot of random people just saying things to the extent of how much they loved the dude and his raw emotion. Surprisingly very few saying how they didn't like his rant. Again I was actually expecting to get crap for it, but I didn't hear much if at all. Honestly the only person I encountered that entire weekend that said anything like "f**k Richard Sherman" was a fan wearing a Niner jersey at the big game. That's about it. Anyway, until Richard Sherman starts creating problems for the actual team itself and/or stops backing up his talk. Whatever motivates him, I'm fine with it. I kind of see his antics like Anderson Silva. I wasn't a fan of his in-fight taunting either but I realized it's part of his gameplan and in fact makes him who he is. All sports need a few athletes like this for entertainment purposes.

Hawks fans are so delusional. Sherman was blasted by every media source for his post-game rant. Called a thug by some random journalist and had to issue a public apology to do some damage control... but yeah... nobody cared but the 49ers fan base and the rest of america thanked him for his courage... lolz. You're probably on the level of a paranoid delusional schizophrenic who believes it was "all niner fans in the media" who said all the critical things about him on ESPN, NFL Network, FOX, CBS, NBC, newspapers, and internet websites.

There is a difference between in-game taunting to throw people off their game, like what Deion did... and post-game taunting and story telling once you win. I don't expect you to ever understand though... good luck with your paranoid-delusional schizophrenia though.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Hawks fans are so delusional. Sherman was blasted by every media source for his post-game rant. Called a thug by some random journalist and had to issue a public apology to do some damage control... but yeah... nobody cared but the 49ers fan base and the rest of america thanked him for his courage... lolz. You're probably on the level of a paranoid delusional schizophrenic who believes it was "all niner fans in the media" who said all the critical things about him on ESPN, NFL Network, FOX, CBS, NBC, newspapers, and internet websites.

There is a difference between in-game taunting to throw people off their game, like what Deion did... and post-game taunting and story telling once you win. I don't expect you to ever understand though... good luck with your paranoid-delusional schizophrenia though.

Everyone does steroids too. lol Hawks fans are f**king retarded.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by socalniner:

Cortland Finnegan does that all the time. Same with Steve Smith. I LOVE both of those players and the way they play.

They do not resemble Dick s**tman in any way shape or form.

Sherman won't fight, he is a little girl. He just talks s**t, and when he gets b***h slapped he runs away like a sissy.
Originally posted by kronik:
Deion never acted cowardly. Why would he be hated as much as Sherman? When he only disclosed that Crabtree bullied him last year, he waited until after NCCG victory to mention it. Didn't mention it before the game (just in case they lost). Didn't mention it in the 2 regular season games (Crabtree didn't play game 1, niners won game 2). Then when the NCCG game is in hand, he taunts the niners, Crabtree shoves him in the face and what does Sherman do? He runs to the referee to try to tattle-tell on Crabtree. Then waits until the post game interview and tries to act tough in front of the camera. Can you say ... fake tough guy?

Forget Deion, has any football player ever acted like that in NFL history????? Sherman's man-card has been revoked.

Yup he is the definition of a coward. Classic.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Everyone does steroids too. lol Hawks fans are f**king retarded.

Wow. Spoke nothing but my true account from Super Bowl weekend in NYC running into thousands o football fans at SB Blvd in Times Square that were neither Seahawk or Niner fans, and I'm being delusional? I honestly went with the expectation to hear tons of crap about Richard Sherman and really heard none. Did I outright deny the hatred by fans for Sherman, no, I just said it may not be as high as you all would think.
Wow. Spoke nothing but my true account from Super Bowl weekend in NYC running into thousands o football fans at SB Blvd in Times Square that were neither Seahawk or Niner fans, and I'm being delusional? I honestly went with the expectation to hear tons of crap about Richard Sherman and really heard none. Did I outright deny the hatred by fans for Sherman, no, I just said it may not be as high as you all would think.

That is adorable that you believe a Super Bowl environment is a true litmus test of NFL perceptions of the entire NFL fanbase. 32 fanbases in the NFL and each of them love their team and only a few people attend the Super Bowl when it isn't their team playing. The real NFL fans who go there when their team isn't playing go there for the party and the experience of the event... generally they don't care one way or another and are respectful towards the fanbase of the teams playing. They know it is their day and they don't want to be a dick or a troll and try to rain on their parade... cause they know it would annoy them if their team was there and some jerk fan was trying to ruin their experience... so they'll be courteous to fans as long as they are treated with respect.

With that said, you went there to celebrate your Seahawks participation and when you encountered rival fans you were nice and polite.. and they responded in a similar fashion. Wow... you don't get out much huh? You really need to work on your social skills... ditch that paranoid-delusional behavior too.
Deion was arrogant, cocky, etc but in a way that was confident. He new he was good, he was good and he said it and backed it up. Sherman is just angry with a chip and that fuels his arrogance because he has felt disrespected. I think that is the primary difference. Deion was never disrespected or even felt that way. Sherman is the fact girl who became pretty. Now he wants everyone to know it.

I was ok with Deion being a 49er because he put us over the top and was a good teammate. He didn't seem to be selfish. Sherman is selfish and wants to be that way as expressed by his behavior with the media. I wouldn't want him around any team I'm associated with. Coach, player or just a fan.
Share 49ersWebzone