LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah i dont think the niners played scared vs them, just came up a play short. however when i watch seattle play other teams (live in their market and get all of their games) they are scared s**tless to even challenge them

I don't think any team in the division is afraid of them. The Rams came within a play of beating them, the Cardinals and the Niners beat them and the Niners came very close to knocking them off in the biggest game CLink has ever hosted.
Deion was not as overbearingly obnoxious as Sherman is--I am actually convinced Sherman has some issues. More importantly, Deion was a much better player than Sherman--by far the best coverage corner I ever saw, and I have seen some great ones. Deion wasn't even close to being as physical as Sherman,? but since the ball was so rarely completed when Deion was in coverage (JR got the best of him the most of anyone).
This is why we need to have our WRs play the game like Michael Irvin did. Punish these DBs and LBs. They want to brawl then let's brawl!
Originally posted by crake49:
yeah i dont think the niners played scared vs them, just came up a play short. however when i watch seattle play other teams (live in their market and get all of their games) they are scared s**tless to even challenge them

I don't think any team in the division is afraid of them. The Rams came within a play of beating them, the Cardinals and the Niners beat them and the Niners came very close to knocking them off in the biggest game CLink has ever hosted.

I don't think any team or player is afraid of anybody else in the NFL. You don't make it to that level by being afraid of anything/anyone regarding football.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I can't find links to written material on Fisher and Arians, but on ESPN, I saw them and some other coaches asked to comment on this Wall Street Journal article regarding the Seahawk defensive strategy:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303754404579310500005285822

It was mainly winks and nods and comments like "everyone knows what they're doing" statements.

I know what they do, I just think it should be voiced in more interviews and exposed on national TV more often to the point where the NFL has no choice but to shape up. It denigrates the game. Especially if everyone starts copying that sort of play. God I can't stand Pete Carroll. Cheating slime. The f**ked up thing is the Niners, and other teams, have had bad calls absolutely impact their season in a majorly negative way. The championship game in Seattle was a joke. The officiating. The bad calls in general and the non calls on their secondary gave them too much of an advantage. Add in the noise/home field advantage they have and really, their defense is just an empty shell. A parlor trick. A friggin scam. They never should have had home field. We were robbed in the Saints game by that lame call on Brooks. People will say "let it go" but f**k that. The non calls in the Superbowl (endzone) against the Ravens were atrocious as well. This season I want pure and total domination. No room for lame calls or no calls to determine the path of our season.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I can't find links to written material on Fisher and Arians, but on ESPN, I saw them and some other coaches asked to comment on this Wall Street Journal article regarding the Seahawk defensive strategy:

It was mainly winks and nods and comments like "everyone knows what they're doing" statements.

everyone does know what they're doing, fans, coaches, players. you cant sit around waiting for the refs to hand out illegal contact penalties on them. sure they will call a few but they wont call them all not unlike holding on the o-line. it it affects they play they'll call it but if it doesnt they're liable to keep the flag in the pocket and keep the game moving. if these guys are going to grab and hold every play then the qb has to throw the ball to that guy to bring more attention to the violations taking place. if the qb sees a grab then throws to the other side of the field, regardless of the outcome of that throw to the other side you're probably not going to get that illegal contact penalty. if the qb sees the grab i'd advise him to throw it in there then you're likely to get the call. too many teams played scared vs seattle and didnt force the action.

That's a risk in and of itself. Refs would probably still not call it and it could end up in an easy int. Johnson should open up our passing game against Seattle. The man jukes Sherman like he's a schoolgirl.
Originally posted by Phil:

I know what they do, I just think it should be voiced in more interviews and exposed on national TV more often to the point where the NFL has no choice but to shape up. It denigrates the game. Especially if everyone starts copying that sort of play. God I can't stand Pete Carroll. Cheating slime. The f**ked up thing is the Niners, and other teams, have had bad calls absolutely impact their season in a majorly negative way. The championship game in Seattle was a joke. The officiating. The bad calls in general and the non calls on their secondary gave them too much of an advantage. Add in the noise/home field advantage they have and really, their defense is just an empty shell. A parlor trick. A friggin scam. They never should have had home field. We were robbed in the Saints game by that lame call on Brooks. People will say "let it go" but f**k that. The non calls in the Superbowl (endzone) against the Ravens were atrocious as well. This season I want pure and total domination. No room for lame calls or no calls to determine the path of our season.

Be prepared for wild card game exit
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Be prepared for wild card game exit

I'm hoping they dont even make it that far. The Rams and Cards might be a threat to both the Niners and Seattle. I'm torn between us beating Seattle in the playoffs or having them not even make it. Either situation will make my day. This would be great though:

Seattle vs:

Green Bay =L
San Diego= W
Denver=L
Washington=W
Dallas=W
St Louis=L
Carolina=W
Oakland=W
New York=W
Kansas City=W
Arizona=L
SAN FRANSISCO=L
Philadelphia=L
San Fransisco=L
Arizona=W
St Louis=W

9-7 CHOKE

Realistically

Seattle vs:
Green Bay =L
San Diego= W
Denver=W
Washington=W
Dallas=W
St Louis=L
Carolina=W
Oakland=W
New York=W
Kansas City=W
Arizona=L
SAN FRANSISCO=L
Philadelphia=L
San Fransisco=W
Arizona=W
St Louis=W

11-5
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
HATED the falcons back then, but enjoyed watching Deion do his thang.

Still hate them, and the Saints! Old NFC west foes still get my blood boiling! It really took me a while to develop a good strong hatred of the Hawks, but now I don't think I could hate a team more!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is why we need to have our WRs play the game like Michael Irvin did. Punish these DBs and LBs. They want to brawl then let's brawl!

Irvin pushed off down field, you can't get down field if you are being held at the line, have to put a move on them, or go with a pick route!

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
HATED the falcons back then, but enjoyed watching Deion do his thang.

Still hate them, and the Saints! Old NFC west foes still get my blood boiling! It really took me a while to develop a good strong hatred of the Hawks, but now I don't think I could hate a team more!

I agree with this. As big of a deal they make out of playing in Seattle it was just as scary playing at New Orleans in the late 80s-early 90s.

Speaking specifically of Atlanta, I still love when glanville brought the "1991 California trophy" To the stick in 1992 and proceeded to get destroyed 56-10. Niners offense almost put up 600 yards.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
I agree with this. As big of a deal they make out of playing in Seattle it was just as scary playing at New Orleans in the late 80s-early 90s.

Speaking specifically of Atlanta, I still love when glanville brought the "1991 California trophy" To the stick in 1992 and proceeded to get destroyed 56-10. Niners offense almost put up 600 yards.

Saints games in the late 80's were almost always brutal, hard-hitting slug-outs. The Saints had a vicious defense and sent all four of their linebackers to the pro bowl one year. That's when Fangio was their linebackers coach.
I'm hoping they dont even make it that far. The Rams and Cards might be a threat to both the Niners and Seattle. I'm torn between us beating Seattle in the playoffs or having them not even make it. Either situation will make my day. This would be great though:

Seattle vs:

Green Bay =L
San Diego= W
Denver=L
Washington=W
Dallas=W
St Louis=L
Carolina=W
Oakland=W
New York=W
Kansas City=W
Arizona=L
SAN FRANSISCO=L
Philadelphia=L
San Fransisco=L
Arizona=W
St Louis=W

9-7 CHOKE

Realistically

Seattle vs:
Green Bay =L
San Diego= W
Denver=W
Washington=W
Dallas=W
St Louis=L
Carolina=W
Oakland=W
New York=W
Kansas City=W
Arizona=L
SAN FRANSISCO=L
Philadelphia=L
San Fransisco=W
Arizona=W
St Louis=W

11-5

let's add a loss to the Panthers in the first list for 8-8!
Goodell: "The League will enforce the Mel Blount Rule for the 2014 season".

Seattle Fans: "This is BS man", "They just hatin' on us", There goes Harb$@%^ crying again" "That's it, I'm done with football" "Time to dust off that Raiders Jersey"

Pete Carroll: "I never knew about this Mel Blount Rule"

Sherman: "Thats what you get when you try me with a sorry @#$ Mel Blount Rule"
Anybody ever fathom that Shermans' hatred towards us is actually hidden jealousy? He would probably LOVE to play for us.

Overrated IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone