LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Look at this ass clown get burned.

Funny, since he thinks he's the best CB in the game.

But watch again. This clown makes illegal contact 15 yards downfield, and STILL gets burned. This is Sherman's technique. Illegal contact almost every play. He should NEVER get burned with all that cheating he does.

he tried hard to grab him.

That's all coaching, stuff our guys don't do which is to get the DB thinking one way then go the other

Agreed. However, the "best CB in the game" has no business getting torched by a s**tty team's no-name WR, ESPECIALLY when he makes illegal contact way beyond 5 yards downfield.

Sherman knew he was toast well before he actually got burned, so he went for his patented mauling technique and still failed miserably. That should never happen if you're elite AND the refs let you cheat. Dude was WIDE OPEN and would have been literally all alone when he made that catch if Sherman wasn't allowed to make illegal contact, slowing the guy down. Bottom line: he still got barbecued, but it would have looked way worse if he didn't cheat. Sherman is a joke.

Here it is from the other side. It's pathetic how obvious this clown makes it, yet the refs just allow him to do it.

He got torched. No denying it. Play enough plays, you're going to lose a few big ones. That also being said, "the tip" the "immaculate deflection" Crabtree who is a much better receiver than this "no name" didn't get mauled/held, Sherman beat him straight up, tipped/deflected a good (not perfect) pass, and helped win that game. So just saying if you're going to say he's mediocre because he got burned by a mediocre receiver. What about when he owns a good receiver like crab tree (yes, I Crabtree is a good receiver). Hell on gameday when that pass happened half the fan board was screaming "Why KAEP WHY DID YOU TRY Sherman now?!?" no one was complaining about a missed ref hold call or anything on that play. Just sayin'
Originally posted by zaghawk:
One thing to note, Dion absolutely loves Sherman. Another thing to note, Sherman is a character, and assuming Sherman stays in the top CBs for a couple more years, he'll probably have a career as an NFL analyst after. So hate him all you want, but you better get used to him, he's not leaving your TV anytime soon.

If the refs stop allowing him to cheat, he will instantly go from elite to mediocre.

No lie. You Seahawk fans should know this better than anyone. I'd never expect you to actually admit it, but you know it.

I'll admit it. Our defense holds a lot. Hell even our offense holds a lot. But the times I do watch other teams and other plays. I see it happening everywhere and just about every play if you were to pause a frame and zoom in on every player I guarantee you'll find a hold somewhere. is it right...no. But is it a Seahawk thing only, absolutely not. But the Seahawks are finally getting success and for those who won't admit its because they're finally good, then they'll use that as the only reason they can win. You want an uber clean game, the refs have to set the tone, call all EVERY holding penalty in the first 4-5 plays of the game. If not, the refs have decided they're going to let the players play it out. Therefore deal with it, bring it right back to them, or quit crying about it because unless you're a ref on the field or Roger Goddell it's not going to change.
Deion got on my damn nerves when he was a falcon ...but Sherman is the ultimate douchebag, he doesn't know when to shut up ...hopefully the madden curse takes this loudmouth out for the season, but not until we pound on him first ...cant f*cking wait for the thanksgiving game
I never liked Deion but I wanted to win so he was accepted for 1 year but I hate Sherman more than I ever disliked Deion.

But watch again. This clown makes illegal contact 15 yards downfield, and STILL gets burned. This is Sherman's technique. Illegal contact almost every play. He should NEVER get burned with all that cheating he does.

This is the kind of thing that simply didn't happen to Sanders a lot because he had tremendous closing speed. Sherman doesn't have even close to Sanders speed. And Seahawk fan makes the point that Sanders likes Sherman. So what? Sanders knows Sherman couldn't carry his jock. He's actually a pretty friendly and generous guy and he's in the media so he likes anything that increases viewership and clicks. Say what you want about Dick - he creates interest.

I've said this before and I'm sticking to it - Sherman doesn't have the speed to stick with receivers he hasn't been able to slow down by grabbing on. Look at this play - he makes a desperate grab to hold him and can't get his hand on him - and it's over. And Wright isn't even what you'd call a serious speed burner; he just has good speed. Teams are going to figure Sherman out. Teams are going to find ways to free up speedsters on his side of the field and the Seahawks are going to have to change their scheme. Right now, everyone knows where he's going to be. We'll know by a third of the way through this next season if I'm right about this. And if I'm right, the Seahawks just dumped very serious money on a corner who is going to get burned over and over by a certain kind of strategy NFL offenses are going to throw at him.
Shermans just an insecure b*tch, thats all it really is...

Deion never was, he was arrogant but he did it with style. Sherman is obviously a dick so he can think he is repressing mommy or daddy issues.
[ Edited by 5280High on Jul 11, 2014 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:

Deion never was, he was arrogant but he did it with style. Sherman is obviously a dick so he can think he is repressing mommy or daddy issues.

Yeah, something is clearly going on there. And, if you watched him get burned by the Colts, you saw him go into a complete funk. I think he's going to flame out if teams start going after him and burning him. I don't think he has the psychological strength to take the pounding.
I'll admit it. Our defense holds a lot. Hell even our offense holds a lot. But the times I do watch other teams and other plays. I see it happening everywhere and just about every play if you were to pause a frame and zoom in on every player I guarantee you'll find a hold somewhere. is it right...no. But is it a Seahawk thing only, absolutely not. But the Seahawks are finally getting success and for those who won't admit its because they're finally good, then they'll use that as the only reason they can win. You want an uber clean game, the refs have to set the tone, call all EVERY holding penalty in the first 4-5 plays of the game. If not, the refs have decided they're going to let the players play it out. Therefore deal with it, bring it right back to them, or quit crying about it because unless you're a ref on the field or Roger Goddell it's not going to change.
I just wish our boy would be humble more often. Off the field he is absolutely stand up. Can't wait to go watch the celeb softball game. It's just this on going pompous attitude giving more unwanted attention to his fellow defenders. He preaches about being a role model then makes statements about chokin Crabs. Dude should just chill out till pre season.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 5280High:

Yeah, something is clearly going on there. And, if you watched him get burned by the Colts, you saw him go into a complete funk. I think he's going to flame out if teams start going after him and burning him. I don't think he has the psychological strength to take the pounding.

Exactly. He is the typical dish it out but cant take it type, but he is good in that system and not many have really taken it to him. It would be interesting to see how he would do if ET wasnt in there. This year he is a target like the rest of the team and its unlikely they get that lucky with late game turnovers again.
Originally posted by crake49:

He did show some tremendous resolve during the Tampa game. They put up 21 in the first half and then the defense including Sherm settled down That game was a gut check for our D and they showed their grit. I know......it was Tampa, but they were down and they put a stop to it.

He got torched. No denying it. Play enough plays, you're going to lose a few big ones. That also being said, "the tip" the "immaculate deflection" Crabtree who is a much better receiver than this "no name" didn't get mauled/held, Sherman beat him straight up, tipped/deflected a good (not perfect) pass, and helped win that game. So just saying if you're going to say he's mediocre because he got burned by a mediocre receiver. What about when he owns a good receiver like crab tree (yes, I Crabtree is a good receiver). Hell on gameday when that pass happened half the fan board was screaming "Why KAEP WHY DID YOU TRY Sherman now?!?" no one was complaining about a missed ref hold call or anything on that play. Just sayin'

That's his route and his forte. I don't like Sherman at all. I have to teach a leadership class, and his punkass antics are constantly being copied by kids who think you have to be a selfif-absorbed clown to be good. I waste a ton of time explaining how he and Ray Lewis are actually terrible examples of leadership, sportsmanship, and class. That said, he is probably the best sideline route defender in the league right now. His height/reach/leaping/timing allows him to shadow the route, effectively taking away the back shoulder, since he can still cover an outside shoulder throw with is ability to go up for the ball. That's kinda his one trick, though. He doesn't have the lateral agility or quickness to be a true shadow type of shutdown corner, and he is only able to play aggressive underneath because Thomas is a freaking stud.

Earl SHOULD be the biggest star on the team, but dumbass 2012s and national media can't get enough of Sherman's self-promotion. You say you want greatness with class, but you have it right in front of you, holding your whole defense together, and all the love still goes to Sherman. I live outside of Seattle, and most of the bandwagon, ex-Patriot, ex-Giant, ex-Packer, ex-Raider, ex-Cowboy fans (who all CLAIM that they've been Seahawk fans the whole time, as if I can't remember the shirt/jacket/cap/bumperstickers they were sporting 5 years ago) don't even know who Thomas is.

Back to the NFCCG defelection. Kap never should have thrown it. You just don't throw that route on Sherman unless your guy is tall enough to go over him, or fast enough to uncover by a large enough margin to negate Sheman's reach. Kap is stubborn enough to defend the choice publicly, and the coaches have his back. You don't go right at your opponent's strength in a momen like that, especially with a guy that's not 100%; it's just poor strategy.

I feel that this needs to be straightened out. Eery offense holds on every play. The line that the league has drawn in the sand is that you can't hold outside of the chest plate/shoulders, you can't hold around the legs/hips, and you can't grab jersey to slow a guy from behind. Seattle routinely gets away with the third type of illegal holding (watch anyone blocking Aldon Smith or Justin Smith), and it is absolutely NOT on par with the frequency that the other teams in the league commit, or get away with this, this particular offense. Defensively, it is common for coverage guys to punch receivers as they enter/exit breaks. It helps them maintain tight coverage, but it exposes them to the posibility of an illegal contact flag. When a DB holds a guy that beats him, he generally expects a holding flag, but accepts that it was his only way to prevent a TD. Seattle grabs the hell on during breaks, or even running straight down the field. This is not a common practice, and it is obviously not flagged against Seattle enough to discourage cheating as a strategy.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

That's his route and his forte. I don't like Sherman at all. I have to teach a leadership class, and his punkass antics are constantly being copied by kids who think you have to be a selfif-absorbed clown to be good. I waste a ton of time explaining how he and Ray Lewis are actually terrible examples of leadership, sportsmanship, and class. That said, he is probably the best sideline route defender in the league right now. His height/reach/leaping/timing allows him to shadow the route, effectively taking away the back shoulder, since he can still cover an outside shoulder throw with is ability to go up for the ball. That's kinda his one trick, though. He doesn't have the lateral agility or quickness to be a true shadow type of shutdown corner, and he is only able to play aggressive underneath because Thomas is a freaking stud.

Earl SHOULD be the biggest star on the team, but dumbass 2012s and national media can't get enough of Sherman's self-promotion. You say you want greatness with class, but you have it right in front of you, holding your whole defense together, and all the love still goes to Sherman. I live outside of Seattle, and most of the bandwagon, ex-Patriot, ex-Giant, ex-Packer, ex-Raider, ex-Cowboy fans (who all CLAIM that they've been Seahawk fans the whole time, as if I can't remember the shirt/jacket/cap/bumperstickers they were sporting 5 years ago) don't even know who Thomas is.

Back to the NFCCG defelection. Kap never should have thrown it. You just don't throw that route on Sherman unless your guy is tall enough to go over him, or fast enough to uncover by a large enough margin to negate Sheman's reach. Kap is stubborn enough to defend the choice publicly, and the coaches have his back. You don't go right at your opponent's strength in a momen like that, especially with a guy that's not 100%; it's just poor strategy.

I feel that this needs to be straightened out. Eery offense holds on every play. The line that the league has drawn in the sand is that you can't hold outside of the chest plate/shoulders, you can't hold around the legs/hips, and you can't grab jersey to slow a guy from behind. Seattle routinely gets away with the third type of illegal holding (watch anyone blocking Aldon Smith or Justin Smith), and it is absolutely NOT on par with the frequency that the other teams in the league commit, or get away with this, this particular offense. Defensively, it is common for coverage guys to punch receivers as they enter/exit breaks. It helps them maintain tight coverage, but it exposes them to the posibility of an illegal contact flag. When a DB holds a guy that beats him, he generally expects a holding flag, but accepts that it was his only way to prevent a TD. Seattle grabs the hell on during breaks, or even running straight down the field. This is not a common practice, and it is obviously not flagged against Seattle enough to discourage cheating as a strategy.

I honestly think the first couple games will be ref'd tightly to encourage cleaner play. Teams will play a bit more cautiously to avoid the penalties and/or have the rep that they are dirty (among the refs). Then as the season goes on, especially well into the playoffs, teams will start playing rougher and dirtier since more things are on the line at that point and also by the time the reputations hits the refs, it's too late for them to start playing "extra" attention to specific players/teams. At this point as a team/player, join the party or just deal with it. That's my guess how it'll play out. I'm not saying it's right, i'm saying that's just how it's going to play out. i.e. look at world cup, until those guys start implementing replays in their officiating, those b*****ds are going to flop like B-level actresses until the end of time.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he tried hard to grab him.

That's all coaching, stuff our guys don't do which is to get the DB thinking one way then go the other

Agreed. However, the "best CB in the game" has no business getting torched by a s**tty team's no-name WR, ESPECIALLY when he makes illegal contact way beyond 5 yards downfield.

Sherman knew he was toast well before he actually got burned, so he went for his patented mauling technique and still failed miserably. That should never happen if you're elite AND the refs let you cheat. Dude was WIDE OPEN and would have been literally all alone when he made that catch if Sherman wasn't allowed to make illegal contact, slowing the guy down. Bottom line: he still got barbecued, but it would have looked way worse if he didn't cheat. Sherman is a joke.

Here it is from the other side. It's pathetic how obvious this clown makes it, yet the refs just allow him to do it.

My point is more about him making illegal contact. I know I harped on him getting burned, but the true objective is the fact that he cheats on the majority of plays. This time, he cheated and still got torched. I'm saying this would happen far more often (him being barbecued) if he wasn't allowed to make illegal contact.

And I do agree that if you play enough football, you will get burned at the CB position sooner or later. However, I don't recall Revis ever getting torched by a no name WR on a crappy team with a s**tty QB, especially after making illegal contact down the field.

I think Sherman can make a play here and there. He doesn't get torched every play and he won't be torched every single play even if the refs stop allowing him to cheat, but he most certainly will NOT be the best CB in the game.

Also, Sherman made a good play on the throw to Crabtree, but I don't see how that has anything to do with Crabtree himself. It was underthrown by Kap. It was a decent pass and Sherman made the tip, but Crabtree had position and would have been able to make that play had Kap placed it on the outside like he should have.

On top of that, it's funny how Sherman is the only one that ever gets any credit for that play. If the LB isn't in great position to capitalize on that deflection, it's just an incomplete pass and the Niners go right back into the huddle.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
His rant only has fire because he was directly involved in that deflection to Crabs in the NFCCG. He has no fire to his rant had the niners moved on to the SB. What makes matters worse is Seattle won the SB so Sherman can rant even more. The only way to shut him up is by beating up on Seattle. If the niners can win both meetings this season, Sherman can't say sh*t. All he'll have is excuses.
Deon ran his mouth with a cocky self assured swagger and a smile on his face that made you realize it was all just part of the game, just showmanship....Sherman cuts wrestling promo's while violently intimidating poor defensless sideline reports and acts like a thuggish ass at every opportunity.You cant even compare the difference in the kind of hate that engenders it's Apples and Oranges....or maybe a more appropo anology would be Weed and Roids.
Share 49ersWebzone