LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Sherman isn't better at life. He is only in his 20s. There is still a long way to go before he can even make dumb claims like that

(Who would say a thing like that anyway?....really.)

There is still a chance Sherman ends up being a broke crackhead bum after football or even during. We already know he does drugs, and with his mental problems, i wouldn't be surprised if that happens. He should see where he is in life at the age of 50 before he starts going off on his elders.

I would be totally surprised if that happens. Sherman is a smart guy and he comes from a hard-working, disciplined family with a very strict set of values. I know he doesn't seem that way sometimes, but that's the truth about Sherman. I just think he's a highly emotional individual with a chip on his shoulder and he often comes off as a real jerk in the heat of the moment. But if you watch him in interviews away from the game, he's really a different person. I think he's a complicated individual. I can't stand him when the Niners are playing him - just can't stand him - but when I see him or read his stuff away from that, it's a different thing.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
Richard Sherman is the Dennis Rodman of football

I wouldn't go that far. He's more like the Charles Barkley. Rodman was a complete tool. As much as I despise the Dick, I have to acknowledge that part of his attitude is contrived specifically to get into teams heads. Rodman was just a dumb jerk that had the winds of life blow him in the right (or more accurately "a") direction.

But...... he, himself is a headcase and there's a relatively short shelf life for big corners with above average speed.
Pillbusta, crake... You guys know what you're talking about and watch the game and post game with your eyes open... Well done..

9ers would have beaten the Broncos by 20..
Originally posted by zaghawk:
eh. Skip Bayless is a douche. Sherman shouldn't have gone on that rant either, but he did have some good points. How many of us can truly say we by our early mid-20s reached the top of our perspective careers. He's better at life than a lot of us career-wise at least. Pro Bowl? Check. All Pro? Check. All Pro Twice? Check. Super Bowl Ring? Check. Outside of getting a huge paycheck and cementing a place in the HOF, I don't really think there is more Sherman could do to prove that he's the top of his game as a corner. Keep in mind I do think a lot of his success drives from Earl Thomas as well, but in the end that's just nit picking. Much in the same when people bring up the Montana-Jerry Rice thing, that's also just nit picking.

As for Sherman being Dennis Rodman. From an entertainment standpoint, I can see it. That also being said, Dennis Rodman had a very large fan base as well, so that doesn't help the whole "everyone hates Sherman outside of Seattle" perspective.

Montana won 2 superbowls with 2 superbowl MVP trophies before Rice was even drafted!!

People who say Montana needed Rice are idiots.

As for Sherman and Thomas, it's a different analogy. They both got drafted around the same time, has played on the same team so far.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM ]

The rodman with the wedding dress
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The rodman with the wedding dress

Originally posted by banosser:
Pillbusta, crake... You guys know what you're talking about and watch the game and post game with your eyes open... Well done..

9ers would have beaten the Broncos by 20..

Thank you. Hey, credit where credit is due and all that.
Originally posted by kronik:
eh. Skip Bayless is a douche. Sherman shouldn't have gone on that rant either, but he did have some good points. How many of us can truly say we by our early mid-20s reached the top of our perspective careers. He's better at life than a lot of us career-wise at least. Pro Bowl? Check. All Pro? Check. All Pro Twice? Check. Super Bowl Ring? Check. Outside of getting a huge paycheck and cementing a place in the HOF, I don't really think there is more Sherman could do to prove that he's the top of his game as a corner. Keep in mind I do think a lot of his success drives from Earl Thomas as well, but in the end that's just nit picking. Much in the same when people bring up the Montana-Jerry Rice thing, that's also just nit picking.

As for Sherman being Dennis Rodman. From an entertainment standpoint, I can see it. That also being said, Dennis Rodman had a very large fan base as well, so that doesn't help the whole "everyone hates Sherman outside of Seattle" perspective.

Montana won 2 superbowls with 2 superbowl MVP trophies before Rice was even drafted!!

As for Sherman and Thomas, it's a different analogy. They both got drafted around the same time, has played on the same team so far.

Football didn't start for these guys until 2010. Forgive them.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 18, 2014 at 5:49 PM ]

Actually I was a Rams fan in the late 60s and into the 90s... The Seahawks arrived in '76 and when the Rams moved to StL I could officially divorce them and fully commit to being a Seahawks fan, having moved to PNW in 1991... So way before 2010 In fact if you remember the Hawks were in SB XL in '05 and should have won it as everyone knows if not for the refs combined with not playing their best game...

So having been a Rams fan when I was younger and then a Seahawks fan the last 20+ yrs... I have never liked the Niners... that said, Montana is the greatest QB to ever play the game.. as for Rice.. we all know what he is... I even have their autos on a SB XXIII program
[ Edited by banosser on Feb 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM ]

Actually I was a Rams fan in the late 60s and into the 90s... The Seahawks arrived in '76 and when the Rams moved to StL I could officially divorce them and fully commit to being a Seahawks fan, having moved to PNW in 1991... So way before 2010 In fact if you remember the Hawks were in SB XL in '05 and should have won it as everyone knows if not for the refs combined with not playing their best game...

So having been a Rams fan when I was younger and then a Seahawks fan the last 20+ yrs... I have never liked the Niners... that said, Montana is the greatest QB to ever play the game.. as for Rice.. we all know what he is... I even have their autos on a SB XXIII program

Wait whatttt... Switching teams?

LOL, sounds about right. Enjoy the win and good luck to whichever team you root for next. I think the Cardinals are up and coming, check them out. Or maybe you can go back to the Rams, they have a good defense.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM ]

Wait whatttt... Switching teams?

LOL, sounds about right. Enjoy the win and good luck to whichever team you root for next. I think the Cardinals are up and coming, check them out. Or maybe you can go back to the Rams, they have a good defense.

you change gf's or wives not football teams, this guy is a #loser
Originally posted by crabman82:

LOL.... You guys would still root for the 9ers if they moved to LA?? I don't root for any team from StL.. or SF... you think I root for the frikkin Oklahoma Thunder?? Did Baltimore Colts fans remained Colts fans after they packed up in the middle of the night and left for Indy?? Get a clue...

LOL.... You guys would still root for the 9ers if they moved to LA?? I don't root for any team from StL.. or SF... you think I root for the frikkin Oklahoma Thunder?? Did Baltimore Colts fans remained Colts fans after they packed up in the middle of the night and left for Indy?? Get a clue...

Read what you wrote. You were a rams fan until the 90s until they moved to STL. And then you "officially divorced" the Rams became a SEA fan. So you lived in L.A. and SEA at the same time? And cheered for both until 1990?

Read what you wrote. You were a rams fan until the 90s until they moved to STL. And then you "officially divorced" the Rams became a SEA fan. So you lived in L.A. and SEA at the same time? And cheered for both until 1990?
No.. I lived my first 30 yrs in the midwest until I moved to Seattle in the early 90s

Sounds about right for 95% of the Seahawks fans these days... a fan of one team for 30+ years or most of their adult lives... and then now a Seahawks fan.

LOL, don't even try to explain that... you're a clown. Like so many of the trolls. Not even real Seahawks fans... just a fan of some loser team that lost to the 49ers your whole life and then you jumped on the Hawks bandwagon because you saw a chance to finally get on the winning side of a niners rivalry for a year or two.

If you would have just hung in there you could have really enjoyed that Rams stretch from 99-2005... although... something tells me a clown like you was a Rams fan from 99-2003...
Share 49ersWebzone