There are 382 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the 07-12 Patriots the 90-94 Bills?

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,256
Great offensive team, able to dominate AFC every year but when they get to the Superbowl, they don't show the same dominance. If they win this year, this point is moot, but if they lose that makes them 0-3 in the Superbowl with this Patriots team. Yes, i see them beating the Ravens.
No because the coach and QB are proven Super Bowl champs unlike the Bills. Also the AFC was the inferior conference in '90-'93.. can't say the same about the recent AFC in which Pittsburgh and Indy w/Manning were dominant.

The Pats would be more like the 90s 49ers. The team of the past decade but their heyday is over. We won a lot of games in the 90s but rarely got over the hump.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
No because the coach and QB are proven Super Bowl champs unlike the Bills. Also the AFC was the inferior conference in '90-'93.. can't say the same about the recent AFC in which Pittsburgh and Indy w/Manning were dominant.

The Pats would be more like the 90s 49ers. The team of the past decade but their heyday is over. We won a lot of games in the 90s but rarely got over the hump.

Yeah but we never lost the Super Bowl and right now I'd say the NFC is much better than the AFC, the steelers are getting old, the ravens aren't defensive oriented or as intimidating anymore,the patriots don't play defense anymore, most of their teams are one dimensional or getting old. The NFC especially with us, Seahawks, Giants,Packers, Redskins and Falcons are stronger.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Great offensive team, able to dominate AFC every year but when they get to the Superbowl, they don't show the same dominance. If they win this year, this point is moot, but if they lose that makes them 0-3 in the Superbowl with this Patriots team. Yes, i see them beating the Ravens.


I will say no because the Bills were blowned out in 2 of the 4 straight Super Bowls they played in. Where as the Patriots were in close in games in the Super Bowls they played in BUT they weren't capable of going to 4 straight like the Bills..
Plain and simple, the pats haven't won anything since spygate.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Plain and simple, the pats haven't won anything since spygate.

good point
They will certainly be there as they will beat the Ravens. I hope they lose to us.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They will certainly be there as they will beat the Ravens. I hope they lose to us.

i hope we beat the falcons.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,256
Originally posted by ninersoul:
I will say no because the Bills were blowned out in 2 of the 4 straight Super Bowls they played in. Where as the Patriots were in close in games in the Super Bowls they played in BUT they weren't capable of going to 4 straight like the Bills..

What if the Patriots make it this year and we blow them out? We had them down 31-3 at one point this year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
What if the Patriots make it this year and we blow them out? We had them down 31-3 at one point this year.

They'd be the first team to 5 Super Bowl losses and we'd be the second to 6 wins.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,332
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Jcool:
What if the Patriots make it this year and we blow them out? We had them down 31-3 at one point this year.

They'd be the first team to 5 Super Bowl losses and we'd be the second to 6 wins.
And we get to deny Brady a 4th ring.
I cant even imagine what it would be like to be a Bills fan. Especially during their run in the early 90's. To lose 4 straight Super Bowls? I dont get how they all didnt just give up being football fans. That is so brutal.

I kind of feel bad for Jim Kelly. To play in the SB 4 straight years is amazing enough. That will probably never happen again.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I cant even imagine what it would be like to be a Bills fan. Especially during their run in the early 90's. To lose 4 straight Super Bowls? I dont get how they all didnt just give up being football fans. That is so brutal.

I kind of feel bad for Jim Kelly. To play in the SB 4 straight years is amazing enough. That will probably never happen again.

And if ONLY that field goal was made in the first bowl appearance, they would not have been so ridiculed. Just the opposite, most likely. You don't make it to 4 appearances in a row being a bad team.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,256
Guess i was wrong with having NE in the Superbowl.
We never lost the Super Bowl, but I think comparing the Patriots to the 49ers of the 90s is a good comparison. I'm hoping the loss of Wes Welker in free agency has the same effect on them as us losing Ricky Watters. They run through their division, but come up short in the playoffs.