There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RGIII Report

• BobS
  • Veteran
I thought Shanahan was smarter than that. I watched the whole game. Griffin had been gimpy but effective the last few games, after the first quarter injury he was no longer effective. Griffin was 4-10-16 yds after the first quarter. Cousins has played decent as a back-up. I can't believe Shanahan watched Griffin play severely wounded and poorly. If Griffin is pulled after the first quarter up 14-0, the Skins had a good chance to win, with Griffin left in they were doomed.
RG ME
This demonstrates why the pistol/option game will never work as a primary offensive attack in the NFL. Its a great wrinkle but unless you want to replace your starting QB every 5-7 years instead of 10-12 years an NFL passing offense needs to be based primarily off pocket passing.
Who are the top QBs in the NFL?

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Eli and a few more.

NONE of them are runners in the mold of Vick, RGIII and even Kap!

That's why I like that our coaches are working more and more on Kap's passing proficiency in the pocket. It's a passing league.

QB's that are used as running threats are doomed. Ask Michael Vick.

Steve Young could always run like a deer. BUT he didn't become recognized as a great QB until he became an accurate passer.

IMO, RGIII will have an excellent career if they protect him and let him throw the damn ball. I wish him well.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
This demonstrates why the pistol/option game will never work as a primary offensive attack in the NFL. Its a great wrinkle but unless you want to replace your starting QB every 5-7 years instead of 10-12 years an NFL passing offense needs to be based primarily off pocket passing.

no this doesnt really show it.. RG3 is a foolish runner.. The pistol can work.. But you have to have a QB that realizes hes playing with the big boys now.. RG3 constantly takes hits when he doesnt need to.. Ohh i got the first down, slide or get out of bounds.. instead he turns up field until he gets contact.. it was bound to happen.
is it bad that i think he's vastly overrated?
RGIII is the poster child for why I am so happy they are trying to mold Kap in the Steve Young vein. QB Mobility is for escaping the pocket collapse and taking a handfull of gimme plays a game. It is not for becoming a second RB in the backfield and absorbing all of those extra hits when you are not built for it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

RG3 on the field, throwing passes at Redskins' OTAs http://wp.me/p14QSB-8YJC
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

RG3 on the field, throwing passes at Redskins' OTAs http://wp.me/p14QSB-8YJC

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Jcool: