There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Okay, I'll say it......the NFC playoff field is soft(er)

what's going on in this thread?

Originally posted by boast:
what's going on in this thread?

ridiculousness
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KEGster:
No Giants, Bears or Saints. Big favorites coming into the season and Chicago was even a favorite midway

Packers & Falcons are Title worthy

Seahawks, Redskins & Vikings are pretenders

Seahawks, Redskins, Vikings > Falcons
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Since mid-season I've pegged us as retaining that #2 seed, hosting the Pack, knocking off Atlanta, and then making a statement game against 'Forrest Gump' in the Superbowl. Harbaugh avenges both late 90s Superbowls with the Broncos we were robbed of (by both NFC teams).

I haven't heard him called that before! I don't know why (yes I do), but I hate that guy. I 'ate his face, I 'ate his guts, and I 'ate the way he looks at me.

at Forrest Gump

Peyton Manning is awesome. Only reason to hate him is cause he didn't sign with us.
SEA, WAS, and MIN are scary teams because they can run the ball, even on us. Those are some strong run teams that will require us to actually change the way we play defense.

Scary matchups and they are much stronger than NYG or CHI.
I'm not sure I want us to play the Packers though...I think I'd still rather have the winner of the SEA/WAS game than Aaron Rodgers...

I think I'd prefer Washington of the 3.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm not sure I want us to play the Packers though...I think I'd still rather have the winner of the SEA/WAS game than Aaron Rodgers...

I think I'd prefer Washington of the 3.

Peckers only have a passing game. No running game, soft D.

Redskins/Seahawks have good qb's, good running game, and strong defenses.

I'll take the one-dimensional Peckers please. I may eat those words but I doubt it.
I'm hoping for the Packers too I think. Then for Seattle to beat Washington because I think they have a better chance of beating Atlanta. Then we can rematch Seattle @ Candestick for NFC Championship. Playing Denver in SB
  • vaden
  • Veteran
NFC is certainly far weaker than last year (I'd argue the NFC's best 4 teams a year ago - SF, NYG, NO, GB - are better than any NFC team this year), but it's still stronger than the AFC. This is reflected in the Vegas Super Bowl odds, which have 4 of the 6 favorites in the NFC, and 3 of the bottom 4 in the AFC.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
The way I see it going down is we beat the packers, Seattle beats washington and Atlanta then when destroy the Seahawks at home. Before we play the broncos in the super bowl

If Fangio used Manusky's defensive game plan in 2009 the last time 49ers played Manning, then I would like 49ers odds there. No TDs from Peyton Manning. Our offense was weak but Colts were held to4 FG's.( Too bad we lost on the trick play with a few seconds left )
Giants will get a 3rd place schedule next year and be right back in it.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Since mid-season I've pegged us as retaining that #2 seed, hosting the Pack, knocking off Atlanta, and then making a statement game against 'Forrest Gump' in the Superbowl. Harbaugh avenges both late 90s Superbowls with the Broncos we were robbed of (by both NFC teams).

I haven't heard him called that before! I don't know why (yes I do), but I hate that guy. I 'ate his face, I 'ate his guts, and I 'ate the way he looks at me.

at Forrest Gump

Peyton Manning is awesome. Only reason to hate him is cause he didn't sign with us.

I hate him because he and Brady are the two whiniest money-babies in the leaue, and are the true face of the pussification of football. They can basically ask for a penalty and get it. If the league called the penalties the same for every QB, I would only hate him during his stupid commercials. If the league took care of Joe this way, we'd have 7-8 Lombardis right now.

Incidentally, the face, guts, and way he looks at me line was from "The Simpsons."
Originally posted by KEGster:
No Giants, Bears or Saints. Big favorites coming into the season and Chicago was even a favorite midway

Packers & Falcons are Title worthy

Seahawks, Redskins & Vikings are pretenders

The Falcons are not title worthy. They played an extra easy schedule and came away with the best record because of it. They will be one-and-done, again.
Opening week went as planned, only surprises to me were Texans couldn't put the Bengals away and Ravens were out played by the Colts for some stretches.

The crazy thought is that unless we run into the Seahawks or Ravens, the rest of the contenders are all passing teams. Patriots did have success running against us though, Justin or no Justin.