There are 230 users in the forums

Andy Reid Close to Chiefs Deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think Harbaugh also misled the media. La Confarta still can't pick the Niners for any good news because he was made to look like a dumbass during the Harbaugh interviews.

Knowing how Harbaugh is, it woudn't surprise me if he did mislead the media, but LaConfora makes himself look like a fool.
If you want to end your career as a coach (or player), why not just go to OAK like everyone else does?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I could actually see the Chiefs pulling a 180 like we did last season and the Colts did this year because of this move.

The roster is stacked with top tier talent that has been either injured or mismanaged.

Dwayne Bowe playing for Reid reminds me of T.O. when they went to the Super Bowl.

I don't watch college ball, but I read about prospects and I've read from multiple sources that Geno Smith resembles a young Donovan McNabb.

Kinda strange.

The most important decision he has to make is who to hire to run the defense. So much talent there....

Lol I've read that Geno Smith is a "young Alex Smith" -- Obviously some talking heads are really trying to have diverse opinions.

Lulz. Alex to KC it is!
With Chip Kelly reportedly taking the Browns HC job, I wonder if the Chiefs may trade for QB Brandon Weeden?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
With Chip Kelly reportedly taking the Browns HC job, I wonder if the Chiefs may trade for QB Brandon Weeden?

No, Reid will ride it out with the QB they draft, trading for or signing a real veteran like Alex or Moore that could by him a year to develop a QB like Geno Smith or even Tyler Wilson if they want to get a defensive piece like Lotulelei or DeMontre Moore to shore up the defensive side of the ball.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
I could actually see the Chiefs pulling a 180 like we did last season and the Colts did this year because of this move.

The roster is stacked with top tier talent that has been either injured or mismanaged.

Dwayne Bowe playing for Reid reminds me of T.O. when they went to the Super Bowl.

I don't watch college ball, but I read about prospects and I've read from multiple sources that Geno Smith resembles a young Donovan McNabb.

Kinda strange.

The most important decision he has to make is who to hire to run the defense. So much talent there....

Lol I've read that Geno Smith is a "young Alex Smith" -- Obviously some talking heads are really trying to have diverse opinions.

Lulz. Alex to KC it is!

Sounds good to me lol
@MaryKayCabot: In addition to Michael Lombardi as a personnel candidate, #Browns have also asked permission to interview #49ers Tom Gamble and like Seattle's John Idzik.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
@MaryKayCabot: In addition to Michael Lombardi as a personnel candidate, #Browns have also asked permission to interview #49ers Tom Cable and like Seattle's John Idzik.

Tom Cable wtf is that.
Originally posted by susweel:
@MaryKayCabot: In addition to Michael Lombardi as a personnel candidate, #Browns have also asked permission to interview #49ers Tom Cable and like Seattle's John Idzik.

Tom Cable wtf is that.

It's a typo on their part. I fixed it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Tom Cable wtf is that.

It's a typo on their part. I fixed it.

what a bunch of moron.....Gamble or Cable? I get they have the same first name but how can you read or hear Cable from Gamble? Dyslexia?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Kansas City Chiefs ‏@kcchiefs

Andy Reid and Clark Hunt make it official. Reid becomes the Head Coach of the Chiefs - #chiefs #chiefskingdom

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

And again -- not sure if it made it on-air tonight -- John Dorsey is the clear-cut favorite to become KC's GM. Heckert's second on the list.
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet: Andy Reid has officially signed to be the coach of the #Chiefs, I'm told. Press conference Monday 1 central
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21495294/reid-will-take-hands-on-approach-with-chiefs-offense
Deal done....two more losses for OAK
Share 49ersWebzone