LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 178 users in the forums

Andy Reid Close to Chiefs Deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i don't get the concept of an AFC team? There's no such thing.

But since i like the kings and warriors, i can KINDA understand that logic; but mines is due to geography. Why is KC your afc team?

Kings AND Warriors??? That is like rooting for the niners and raiders! (except they both suck... ). Go Warriors!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Kings AND Warriors??? That is like rooting for the niners and raiders! (except they both suck... ). Go Warriors!

Actually, the Warriors are balling out this year so far...

But I was born in SF and live in Sac.......

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

they spelled his name wrong, "ried."
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Actually, the Warriors are balling out this year so far...

But I was born in SF and live in Sac.......
I have been a Warrior fan since the late 80's, just messing around with you lol. I am still in disbelief at how well this season is going, I am trying not to jinx it...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Chiefs are my AFC team, so id consider a Smith KC jersey.

Haley in AZ would be a disaster. That would be awesome.

i don't get the concept of an AFC team? There's no such thing.

But since i like the kings and warriors, i can KINDA understand that logic; but mines is due to geography. Why is KC your afc team?

I lived in KC for 6 years. Plus theyve ended up with alot of former 49ers over the years.

I dont follow them too closely, but I have a casual interest in the team. I pull for them in any game except when the play the Niners.

I just call them my AFC team because otherwise I dont really care about that conference. Another reason to like KC is they share our hatred of the Raiders and Seahawks.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Scott Pioli out in KC. Pretty sure that means Reid is a done deal.

Scott Pioli out in KC. Pretty sure that means Reid is a done deal.

Pioli was the most overhyped hire ever. So many here were jealous that the Chiefs got Pioli.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Its as "official" as it can be without actually being "official"

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.
Expand

Fine tuning the details but it means we should expect the dominos to start falling, might take 2-3 days though if Chip Kelly is really a top choice for 2 or 3 teams.
Originally posted by sfout:
Its as "official" as it can be without actually being "official"

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.
Expand

Fine tuning the details but it means we should expect the dominos to start falling, might take 2-3 days though if Chip Kelly is really a top choice for 2 or 3 teams.

Reid's first order of business is to find a QB. Its a pretty weak QB draft and Free agent market so I expect Reid to at least inquire about Alex Smith. he probably also develops a QB from the second or third day of the draft or one from the 2014 draft.

Originally posted by English:
It was a very funny time!

I think the main reason for the reports at that time about Harbaugh going to Miami is that it was as if the media DIDN'T want Harbaugh to come to San Francisco. We were not a very well liked team and it seems the same for the Chiefs. Earlier this week, everyone had Andy Reid going to Arizona and then you find out, not only has he not even spoken with the Cardinals yet, but he's interviewed with and is very close to a deal with the Chiefs. Same thing. The Dolphins were never in it 2 years ago and the Cardinals were never in it now. Kudos to the Chiefs for being proactive and probably offering Andy Reid a deal he couldn't refuse.

On another note, it's amazing how different our problems are this year verses what they were in 2010 and prior.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by English:
It was a very funny time!

I think the main reason for the reports at that time about Harbaugh going to Miami is that it was as if the media DIDN'T want Harbaugh to come to San Francisco. We were not a very well liked team and it seems the same for the Chiefs. Earlier this week, everyone had Andy Reid going to Arizona and then you find out, not only has he not even spoken with the Cardinals yet, but he's interviewed with and is very close to a deal with the Chiefs. Same thing. The Dolphins were never in it 2 years ago and the Cardinals were never in it now. Kudos to the Chiefs for being proactive and probably offering Andy Reid a deal he couldn't refuse.

On another note, it's amazing how different our problems are this year verses what they were in 2010 and prior.

I think Harbaugh also misled the media. La Confarta still can't pick the Niners for any good news because he was made to look like a dumbass during the Harbaugh interviews.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Pioli was the most overhyped hire ever. So many here were jealous that the Chiefs got Pioli.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Bill Belichek was THE guy in New England. Has any other franchise had the track record of turning out quality assistants and personnel guys (well maybe not so much personnel guys) as the 49ers were under Bill Walsh?
its good news for Niner fans that Reid is not going to AZ.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by susweel:
I have a feeling Ried is gonna fail in KC or anywhere else. To me he just seems like a burned out coach who cant motivate a team to play anymore.

so-so the past couple of years for various reasons, before that has been incredible... I think getting away from Philly is going to be such a huge refresher for him, sure he probably should have taken off a year but for a guy who has coached 14 years consecutively I;d say it's his choice.

He has done a terrible job the last few years and with all the family problems he's had I would not have hired him.
Share 49ersWebzone