LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

Shop 49ers game tickets
You won't get it from meaningless wins.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
A playoff win on the road with a rookie QB, and 34 other team members for whom it was their "first rodeo", is far from "meaningless".

And, as I mentioned, had RGIII been 100%, the outcome MAY have been different but, he doesn't play defense and it looks like the Hawks were able to score a few unanswered points...

Good luck with the Pack.
IF the Hawks advance, I'm thinking the Stick sounds better than the frozen tundra
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
You won't get it from meaningless wins.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
A playoff win on the road with a rookie QB, and 34 other team members for whom it was their "first rodeo", is far from "meaningless".

And, as I mentioned, had RGIII been 100%, the outcome MAY have been different but, he doesn't play defense and it looks like the Hawks were able to score a few unanswered points...

Good luck with the Pack.
IF the Hawks advance, I'm thinking the Stick sounds better than the frozen tundra

Yes, your first playoff road win since 1983 is meaningful to the Seahawks franchise, but to the rest of the NFL, its MEANINGLESS. Unless you win a title, nobody is gonig to give you credit, which you think is sill that you don't get any. That's my point. Tebow won a wildcard game for god sakes...

I guess it makes sense that a team with little success and rarely sniffs the postseason would expect credit for a wildcard win vs. RG-KNEE.

We are #2 seed for two years in a row and still don't get "credit." Who cares? Win a trophy then tell everyone else to suck it. Until then, be a humble small fish franchise as you've always been.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM ]
I don't want any credit ;)
But, I'll give the Seahawks some - and we'll see where they go from here.

Considering this young, re-building team, most were probably not even expecting a playoff appearance. So, regardless of the outcome of the game in Atlanta on Sunday, this organization has taken a huge step forward and the future is looking bright

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I don't want any credit ;)
But, I'll give the Seahawks some - and we'll see where they go from here.

Considering this young, re-building team, most were probably not even expecting a playoff appearance. So, regardless of the outcome of the game in Atlanta on Sunday, this organization has taken a huge step forward and the future is looking bright

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Semantics eh. Ok.

Enjoy the "huge step forward," because you know, in the NFL, its guaranteed next year as well....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Semantics eh. Ok.

Enjoy the "huge step forward," because you know, in the NFL, its guaranteed next year as well....

Of course nothing is guaranteed. Injuries happen, players regress.
But, the Hawks look worlds better than they have in years and with so much hungry youth, it stands to reason that improvement is more likely than regression.
Could just be my rose-colored glasses, but I'm way more encouraged for the future this year than I was say, three years ago. There is a plan and it's coming to fruition.
(heck, my other team is the Mariners ... so, by comparison, you can see why I'm rather jubilant )
Semantics eh. Ok.

Of course nothing is guaranteed. Injuries happen, players regress.
But, the Hawks look worlds better than they have in years and with so much hungry youth, it stands to reason that improvement is more likely than regression.
Could just be my rose-colored glasses, but I'm way more encouraged for the future this year than I was say, three years ago. There is a plan and it's coming to fruition.
(heck, my other team is the Mariners ... so, by comparison, you can see why I'm rather jubilant )

Yup. Clemons already tore his ACL.

I assume there will be more suspensions for that PED ring Chete has going on.

What is it now? FIVE players have already been caught during his tenure? I doubt that is a coincidence. Sleezy Petey.

Browner, Sherman, Winston Guy, John Moffit and Allen Barbe.... The real Damn dirty birds...lol
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM ]

What is it now? FIVE players have already been caught during his tenure? I doubt that is a coincidence. Sleezy Petey.

Browner, Sherman, Winston Guy, John Moffit and Allen Barbe.... The real Damn dirty birds...lol

'T is unfortunate. Hopefully, they have learned a lesson. They aren't the first and likely won't be the last on any team or in any sport to make a severe error in judgement in order to gain an edge.

'T is unfortunate. Hopefully, they have learned a lesson. They aren't the first and likely won't be the last on any team or in any sport to make a severe error in judgement in order to gain an edge.

One or two i can understand, but FIVE!

That is a cheating ring. Ask Lance Armstrong. Or his teammates.

I doubt they are learning their lesson with Chete Carrol around.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for titan.
DirtyHawks vs DirtyBird should have some good fights in the WR/DB position.
Originally posted by richierichard:
I'd love to see Sherman take on a big, physical receiver like Boldin and watch boldin knock him on his a$$.

boldin bigger than Megatron, B Edwards, wouldn't happen my man.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Jan 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]

There's nothing silly about saying the outcome would have been different with a healthy RGIII. You played against a team with no QB. Its just fact, not silly. And that QB at 85% was killing your defense. Once he got injured, there was a clear drop off.

Thats like saying the Niners are legit if the beat an Rogerless packer team on Sat. It wouldn't mean much but an advancement to the next round which it does for Seattle. Thats the problem with Seattle fans. Want credit? For what? Going 11-5, runner up in the division, beating up a division champ and home, and barely beating a team with no QB...

What is there to give credit for? Win a championship and come back looking for credit. Your fans called niners pretenders all the way up to and after teh NFCC game last year but all of a sudden you guys want some credit...

You won't get it from meaningless wins. Not from here and not from the experts either.

unfortunately i have to agree with all of this, and that makes me very unhappy....
Share 49ersWebzone