There are 240 users in the forums

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

Shop 49ers game tickets
I find myself looking forward to a potential Seattle/SF game. I think if the hawks can get past ATL they are going to be road weary from playing 2 games in the eastern time zone in as many weeks, then coming in to SF against a team that you know is going to want retribution from last time...I wouldn't envy them. Plus, the Skins were able to get pretty consistent pressure on Wilson, if we get the Cowboy back even at 80% Wilson is going to have a bad night. Of course it could all be for naught if we don't beat the Pack this week.
Washington put some hurt on the Seahawks. Lynch is the key, I don't know if anyone can stop him. Wilson plays off Lynch, he made some poor decisions and every time he tried to carry the team he came up short (no pun intended). The defense will have to stay in their lanes and Wilson will come to them. First things first, Packers with Rodgers will always have a shot. The key imo is not letting these dink and dunks go for yardage. Pat and Bo should take care of that. The Pack should be fresh with the Viking game being a little more than a scrimmage. Seattle's Browner is playing a brand of football not seen since the 50's and 60's, just pound the receiver all day. I don't know what the refs are looking at, it sure isn't what's going on downfield.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
NFL Jesus ‏@NFLJesus Thou shall not bear false witness against thy team doctor. #shanahan

Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
Seahawks lose DE Chris Clemons to ACL tear, though Redskins coach Mike Shanahan thinks he could play.

Fake SportsCenter ‏@FakeSportsCentr Mike Shanahan's tanning bed thinks he left RG3 in too long
The hawks barely beat a QB less team
Anyone feel robbed this weekend? No ponder, rg3 hurt, colts with no offensive coordinator? Really disappointed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
The Wildcard games were pretty weak in terms of the hits weren't playoff caliber, intensity wasn't really there and games seemed one sided.Seahawks vs Redskins was good, but RG3 went down and once again Seahawks DB's got away with murder. Next week I think will be a different story.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Anyone feel robbed this weekend? No ponder, rg3 hurt, colts with no offensive coordinator? Really disappointed.

NFL gods were out golfing...Niner hater and seahag fan Loki ran the ship
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Anyone want to bet Griffin tore the ACL on that knee?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:

10 points is barely?
And, last time I checked, RGIII doesn't play defense.
Apparently, other than the 1st quarter, the entirety of the Redskins team doesn't either
Originally posted by mayo49:
Anyone want to bet Griffin tore the ACL on that knee?

I doubt it. It buckeld to the left and right sign of damge to the lateral ligaments.

An ACL occurs when the leg is pushed forwards form behind with the bodyweight on it.

But I might be wrong. I hope for him that it's not an ACL on the knee he allready had ACL reconstructive surgery.

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

10 points is barely?
And, last time I checked, RGIII doesn't play defense.
Apparently, other than the 1st quarter, the entirety of the Redskins team doesn't either

You mad, sis?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
You mad, sis?

Pleased as punch actually
I just think it's a bit silly that, again, little credit seems to be given to the Seahawks for the victory - kinda like when one of the NFLN analysts (I forget which one but, he's a former player) said after the Hawks beat the Cowboys that the Cowboys played down to their competition.

If RGIII had been 100% maybe there would have been a different outcome but, he wasn't and there wasn't ("if ifs and buts were candy and nuts", as they say)

Anyhoo, just makes the chip on "Team Chip" a little bigger
http://o.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2020061523_kelley06.html
I'd love to see Sherman take on a big, physical receiver like Boldin and watch boldin knock him on his a$$.
I just think it's a bit silly that, again, little credit seems to be given to the Seahawks for the victory - kinda like when one of the NFLN analysts (I forget which one but, he's a former player) said after the Hawks beat the Cowboys that the Cowboys played down to their competition.

If RGIII had been 100% maybe there would have been a different outcome but, he wasn't and there wasn't ("if ifs and buts were candy and nuts", as they say)

That's what sets a hot team on fire: The Chip. The Niners had it pretty much all of last year and a few games this year but this year it's kind of died down. We need that damn chip back!
Originally posted by richierichard:

That's what sets a hot team on fire: The Chip. The Niners had it pretty much all of last year and a few games this year but this year it's kind of died down. We need that damn chip back!

There's nothing silly about saying the outcome would have been different with a healthy RGIII. You played against a team with no QB. Its just fact, not silly. And that QB at 85% was killing your defense. Once he got injured, there was a clear drop off.

Thats like saying the Niners are legit if the beat an Rogerless packer team on Sat. It wouldn't mean much but an advancement to the next round which it does for Seattle. Thats the problem with Seattle fans. Want credit? For what? Going 11-5, runner up in the division, beating up a division champ and home, and barely beating a team with no QB...

What is there to give credit for? Win a championship and come back looking for credit. Your fans called niners pretenders all the way up to and after teh NFCC game last year but all of a sudden you guys want some credit...

You won't get it from meaningless wins. Not from here and not from the experts either.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone