LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Von Miller says he, Aldon Smith & Marcell Dareus are the NFL "Super Friends"

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
**Mods*** Not sure if this should be in Niner Talk or NFL Talk but I went with NFL because its a very general topic.

Quite an interesting prospect but the odds of us or Denver letting our respective pass rushers go anytime within the next 5 years is so unlikely.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/25/sacks-von-miller-aldon-smith-jj-watt-sacks/1791243/

As if the thought of just having to block Von Miller or Aldon Smith wasn't nightmarish enough for offensive tackles, how about this: Imagine them playing together.

Miller, the Denver Broncos' second-year outside linebacker, has pondered it.

Miller was the No. 2 pick in the 2011 draft, and he and his fellow rookies that year were drafted during the NFL lockout. They couldn't join their new teammates, so they banded together for promotional events, workouts and parties. Friendships were formed and plots were hatched before any of them played in their first professional game.

"Me, Marcell Dareus and Aldon Smith, we talked about doing the whole LeBron, Wade and Bosh thing," Miller told USA TODAY Sports, referring to the Miami Heat's trio. "We talked about doing that somewhere down the line."

Miller says later in the article that he is pulling for Aldon to break the NFL sack record. He also bragged about a 3 sack game, Aldon "responded" by recording 5.5 sacks against the Bears on Monday. Good to see some quality competition between these guys.

Any thoughts on the prospect of the NFL potentially having it's own "Super Friends"?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
won't matter. That works in basketball, not in football. You need a complete football team to win a SB.
We rob and do our thang, he's like Stimey from Our Gang
Guitar twang, try me, and wha da da dang!
I don't think you want to know, even if you still do
And want me to, I'll tell you, but then I'd have to kill you
Will you, please, it's like a grilled cheese sandwich
Gotta bring the butter else the bread'll get damaged
Flip it, slice it, and give half to Vast Aire
If you ask nice and bring a glass, we'll share the last beer
yeah but JJ Watt is the greatest of all time

amirite maddog?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

amirite maddog?

Jj would have been a great understudy for Justin Smith. Tho ray mac might be next in line for that role
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM ]
As long as they aren't these guys.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

amirite maddog?

Jj would have been a great understudy for Justin Smith. Tho ray mac might be next in line for that role

dam if we somehow had watt along with aldon in that draft we would be the best defense in history
Lets hope Aldon can convince Miller to sign with the 49ers and make that dream combo come true.
shoulda said avengers
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Lets hope Aldon can convince Miller to sign with the 49ers and make that dream combo come true.

as opposed to Aldon signing with Denver

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

SF > whole state of CO
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

SF > whole state of CO

when peyton retires he'll want out of Denver.
Miller will see that The Bay offers more in the long run.
Considering how Aldon played without justin (entire d for that matter) 49ers may not break bank for him when Aldons contract is up
They could come here.... as longs as they dont call themselves super friends.
Share 49ersWebzone