There are 281 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

I agree.

The question asked is fundamentally irrational.

Cuz kaepernick is better
RG3 won't last with his stature CK7 is a BEAST!!
CK every day all day
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kaep. Griffin strikes me as a guy that's going to get hurt and shorten his career.

Winner?
I think at this point the answer should be obvious.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kaep. Griffin strikes me as a guy that's going to get hurt and shorten his career.

Winner?

I agree.

Why? It's a legit question. I think RG3 might be more talented overall than Kap, but I'd rather have Kap as my QB for the simple fact that RG3 is very injury prone and has a history.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I agree.

Why? It's a legit question. I think RG3 might be more talented overall than Kap, but I'd rather have Kap as my QB for the simple fact that RG3 is very injury prone and has a history.

How is he more talented? Kaep is taller, bigger, stronger, with a stronger arm (yes even stronger than RG3). Just as fast. Less injury history.

What are you basing "more talented" on? Higher draft pick? Sometimes people miss in the draft. Montana was in the 3rd round. Brady in the 6th. You don't think they would go higher if they did those drafts over?

Kaep would go higher for sure if they did that draft over. And RG3 maybe lower since he can't even get through 1 season without tearing up his knee and buckling it over and over despite a brace. To go along with his other ripped up knee from college. RG3 was drafted too high IMO for long term health prospects. Giving up 3 first rounders for him was crazy. The argument is closer than you guys think. Based on everything we know now I'd say Kaep.
It's almost funny to read this beginning of this thread now. A month or two of recent history can drastically change the context of this question.

Uhm... I'll go with Kaep.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's tough to pick between the two (and Cam Newton) - but I'll go with Cam, Griffin, and Kaep - but I believe all 3 will be top 5 QBs in the league in couple years.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

RG3 also been injured twice already. He seems a little small and fragile to continue that style of play also I think Kap is a better pocked passer.

you guys are reaching

lol.
very similar players but the only reason i think kap gets the nod over griffin is because kap is bigger and more durable. Griffin is just too dam injury prone and cant take a hit with out hurting something. Kap got sandwiched between two defenders and jumped right up to spike the ball and threw a TD pass right after.

there is no point in having a threat like griffin if he cant stay on the field
I dont see how anyone can still take RGIII now. The dudes knee is toast. Hes just another great athlete who will never live up to his true potential because of injuries.

and LOL at everyone toward the beginning of this thread acting like RG3 was Steve Young, and Kaep was "not even close".
I love Kaep but I still think RG3s the better player when you don't include injuries.

Theyre both amazing runners, but i think Rg3 is the more accurate passer
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jan 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I love Kaep but I still think RG3s the better player when you don't include injuries.

Theyre both amazing runners, but i think Rg3 is the more accurate passer

But you DO INCLUNDE the INJURIES. That's part of the game and part of the evaluation....
Share 49ersWebzone