LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

too early, but right now i have to take Griffin. I'm sure many of us would have taken Cam Newton last year over Kap, but probably not saying that today.

RG3
RGIII is sick, but I wouldn't e surprised if Kaep has the better career as far as team success.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Nice thread.

Going with Kaepernick. Because he's cheaper, wanted to be a 49ers since 4th grade, just as skilled, and comes with tattoos!
Sums it up
Give me Kaepernick on this team with Jim Harbaugh over any other qb. I mean that. I think Kaepernick is going to be a star.
Originally posted by BobS:
I watch all the Redskins games as I moved to Virginia and they are on every week. Griffin is world's better than Kap at this point and is learning to protect himself better. He is a faster runner, has a lot more moves than Kap, has better pocket presence and a lot shiftier in confined spaces. I can't believe the voting is close to 50-50. The Redskin receivers are not as good as the 49ers either, they constantly drop passes and have the record for the most drops in one game this year.

This. I cant believe anyone would actually say Kap. Love Kap and very happy with the change at QB but in no way would I take him over Griffin.
Not enough to go on yet to make a decision as of yet, but in the highly unlikely scenario that a gun was pointed to my head and I had to make it, I'd choose Kap.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
right now Griffin... long term maybe CK.. Griffin is just awesome
RG3's might be more talented but dude is injury prone
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

RG3 also been injured twice already. He seems a little small and fragile to continue that style of play also I think Kap is a better pocked passer.

I love Kaep but I totally disagree based on what we actually know. Rg3's deep ball is crazy

RG3 is lights out for sure but body wise he's not big, whereas Kaep looks as tall as any defensive player. I've just seen RG3 a few times in college and he throws a nice ball. Kaep looks like he'll hold up better on the week to week pounding.
I'll take Randell Cunningham over Michael Vick I mean ck7 over rg3
I worry for rg3 because of his running style he will always put that team on his back but compared to those d lineman he's so small and gets tossed around his arm strength and his accuracy are crazy good for a running qb , but I went with our guy he has all the right tools and the best attitude, I don't see how people could ask too see more out of him before responding. He's already gone into some of the toughest environments the NFL offers and kept a cool head throughout! He is our future star like it or not ......can't believe griffin is winning on this site.......ugh... that's all I have too say too those fulios. I don't know what they're looking for.....
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evo9mrjr:
I'll take Randell Cunningham over Michael Vick I mean ck7 over rg3
Comparing Griffin to Vick? You can't be serious.
The record speaks for itself, Griffin is a great young QB; barring injuries he will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. That being said, I am happy the 49ers have Kaepernick and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is still very early, but I believe that under Jim Harbaugh's guidance, Kap will end up being the better QB. Even though it is early we may just see that Kap, while nowhere near his ceiling, can still take us where we as 49er fans want to go before this season is over.
Share 49ersWebzone