There are 201 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

kaepernick is everything griffin is with more attitude, strength and speed. both are super accurate. were good with Kap
rg3 is over rated by the media. However, kap is on the better team and coaches. If the roles were reversed, Griffith would be EVEN BETTER.
Kap is smarter about his scrambling than RG3. dude almost ended his career his rookie year while kaep still has probably only been hit like 10 times. both are good but ill take kaep. cant beat kaeps speed, arm strength or accuracy.
  • Jiks
I take Kaep over any QB in the league at this point in time.
After the way RGIII absolutely stunk up the joint in the first half of their game Monday night, I'm surprised this is even an argument at all. Even with the comeback playing in the second half, he ended up with a 6.71 yards per attempt to Kap's 10.56. His completion percentage was 61.2% to Kap's 69.2%.

Come on. Give it up. RGIII and Luck got all the hype. They're good. Kaepernick is better.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

Yeah who knew that the 6'4 230 pounder (probably heavier now) with the strongest arm in college would be better than a 6'2 217 pounder who has an injury history and isnt big enough to take NFL hits on a regular basis.

Dont know how RG3 was the bigger prospect, arent prospects about potential?

In the NFL, its about potential and being in the major conferences. Kaepernick didnt get as much attention because he played in the WAC. The opponents werent as impressive, and Reno isnt exactly a major market.

Most scouts probably saw him as a guy who looked great running around against inferior talent, but once he got into a pro system against NFL defenses, he would be overwhelmed. Its a good thing Harbaugh saw past that. How many teams are kicking themselves repeatedly for passing on Kaepernick in that draft?

30 of the 31 other teams in the NFL passed on Kaepernick at one point. The one team who didnt have a chance to take him was the Raiders, who technically traded that chance to the Patriots.

The teams that feel the worst are probably the Jaguars, Vikings, and Titans for taking Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker before Kap. BTW, remember all the dumb speculation about how Harbaugh really wanted Andy Dalton, and had to "settle" for Kaepernick?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."

- Brian Billick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Billick was been up on Kap for awhile, definitely through the off season. Dude knows what's up.

I agree with him.

Billick had Randal Cunningham lead his offense in Minnesota so I think he sees the similarities
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
RG3's might be more talented but dude is injury prone

Originally posted by buck:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

I agree.

The question asked is fundamentally irrational.

Why? It's a legit question. I think RG3 might be more talented overall than Kap, but I'd rather have Kap as my QB for the simple fact that RG3 is very injury prone and has a history.

I feel smart

Go KAP

You feel smart for saying RGIII was injury prone, even though that was pretty much common knowledge?

It was sarcasm because i previously said that RG3 might be more talented. Which now, is BS.

I'd take Kap over RG3 any day of the week.

Yes, yes, absolutely no objectivity! ...because most of us don't agree with you, right? Obviously, any sane person with any ounce of objectivity would absolutely HAVE to agree with your position that the smaller, slower guy with the weaker arm who is prone to injury is far superior to a taller, faster guy with a cannon for an arm like Colin Kaepernick. And, when you add Kaepernick's maniacal devotion to the game and to conditioning, I think it's clear that you're obviously right and all of us are just homers with no degree of objective thinking.

Thanks so much for putting us all in our places. We need cool heads around here!
I'm just gonna continue to at all the people quoting me from 9 months ago

Originally posted by GNielsen:

Yes, yes, absolutely no objectivity! ...because most of us don't agree with you, right? Obviously, any sane person with any ounce of objectivity would absolutely HAVE to agree with your position that the smaller, slower guy with the weaker arm who is prone to injury is far superior to a taller, faster guy with a cannon for an arm like Colin Kaepernick. And, when you add Kaepernick's maniacal devotion to the game and to conditioning, I think it's clear that you're obviously right and all of us are just homers with no degree of objective thinking.

Thanks so much for putting us all in our places. We need cool heads around here!

lol
RG3 hasn't been healthy in idk how long. CK has a slightly better supporting cast. I honestly wouldn't call this one yet. RG3 had the Skins on a pretty good run the final 10 weeks of the season and into the playoffs. I just think it's great that we got a guy with comparable talent in the 2nd round without having to give up multiple first round picks.
Share 49ersWebzone