There are 233 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."

- Brian Billick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
It wonder what rg3 could do with our oLine and harbaugh . But I would have to go with the guy who has been raised with our Oline and harbaugh. Kap is not only less injury prone but should take less hits on our team
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

Yeah who knew that the 6'4 230 pounder (probably heavier now) with the strongest arm in college would be better than a 6'2 217 pounder who has an injury history and isnt big enough to take NFL hits on a regular basis.

Dont know how RG3 was the bigger prospect, arent prospects about potential?
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for BodhiPaddlesOut.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."

- Brian Billick.

Billick was been up on Kap for awhile, definitely through the off season. Dude knows what's up.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

- Brian Billick.

Billick was been up on Kap for awhile, definitely through the off season. Dude knows what's up.

This is his write up for GB : "Well, they figured out how to stop the read option, but they gave up 412 passing yards to do it. Even with a loss, they jump up a spot because they played a tight game against the best team in the NFL."

- Brian Billick.

I agree with him.
For those making the argument - albeit a feeble one - that rg3 is unquestionably "better", you're being ridiculous. Listen, I am - along with really all of us on here - are big time niner fans. So I understand why many of you assume partiality or "homerism" when it comes to choosing kaep over RG3. But here's the reality: while RG3 is an immense talent, he doesn't physically share the same skill set. Sure, both players are fast and can run, but Griffen is not as fundamentally sound, not as accurate, has difficulty going through progressions on obvious passing downs, and most importantly, doesn't have the physical make-up to sustain him from injury with the kind of style the redskinsusy play in order for rg3 to succeed. Kaepernick is bigger, just as mobile, has terrific pocket presence, and has developed into a remarkably accurate and fluid passer, especially when it comes to downfield throws. Just look at the advanced stats on profootballfocus and footballoutisders. Aside from that, if you ask any player, coach, or pundit not affiliated wkth either team who the most difficult person to prepare for, kaepernick runs away with it. That, to me, is the sign of a good qb - not stats or all the other measurables people talk about (dalton, for example, is passing at more productive and efficient rates than Marino. In other words, schemes are largely responsible with stats. Context matters).
kaep seems like the better passer, seem like the more cerebral QB.
Originally posted by 5280High:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

Yeah who knew that the 6'4 230 pounder (probably heavier now) with the strongest arm in college would be better than a 6'2 217 pounder who has an injury history and isnt big enough to take NFL hits on a regular basis.

So a QB who's 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier is automatically better? Good to know.

Also, you might want to follow NFL drafts a little bit closer: the only reason RG3 didn't go #1 overall was because Andrew Luck was in the same draft class. There's a reason why the Redskins traded a boatload to move up to get him. Kaep wasn't even considered a first rounder. RG3 was definitely the more highly touted prospect out of the two.

Feel free to argue that experts were wrong - was Kaep lucky to not be drafted by, say, the Jaguars?
Rg3 is rusty right now but if both are 100% healthy its almost like choosing between a honda civic or toyota corolla. They are basically the same s**t. But kaep is the civic. That is tricked out. With hydralics. And hella bass.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
So a QB who's 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier is automatically better? Good to know.

Also, you might want to follow NFL drafts a little bit closer: the only reason RG3 didn't go #1 overall was because Andrew Luck was in the same draft class. There's a reason why the Redskins traded a boatload to move up to get him. Kaep wasn't even considered a first rounder. RG3 was definitely the more highly touted prospect out of the two.

Feel free to argue that experts were wrong - was Kaep lucky to not be drafted by, say, the Jaguars?

He was a first round talent but teams felt he needed to sit a few years. You cant take a QB in the first round and not play him right away. If the read option had hit earlier Denver takes him at #2.
There is not one thing you can say RG3 is better at other than his draft status. So what? Montana was taken in the 3rd round. Brady in the 6th. Draft status doesn't matter. On the field thus far Kaepernick is better in almost every aspect.
Originally posted by 5280High:

It's not unheard of to have experts collectively be incorrect or short sighted in their evaluations.

Also one season does not make a career.

We will see how your argument holds up come end of season, but me personally, I'd not take a single QB in the NFL over Kap and said so a few days prior to the week one games in one of the Seadderall threads in the NFL section.
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]

- Brian Billick.

I agree with him.

That's what Billick says. He agrees with you.
Share 49ersWebzone