There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Kap > Everyone

I'm serious. There is no other QB, old or young, that I'd rather have. Not even Luck.
Kap's weakness?? I could only think of lack of experience
If there's one thing I haven't seen Kap do, it's throw with little time (poor pass protection). Sure there have been plays when Iupati/ADavis plays matador pass protection and Kap is instantly pressured, but unlike Luck, Kap has generally had a dynamite Oline that gives him ample time to make his reads. Hopefully we'll never have to find out the answer to this because the Oline will continue to be among the elite.

RG3 or Kap? Kap, all day. No homer.
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though


I'd like to politely disagree with that statement. Rappers don't listen to "Call me Maybe"

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/08/28/rg3-music-is-the-heartbeat-of-the-world/

"A little background: Griffin III was listening to "Call Me Maybe" as he walked around the locker room yesterday before practice."
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though


I'd like to politely disagree with that statement. Rappers don't listen to "Call me Maybe"

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/08/28/rg3-music-is-the-heartbeat-of-the-world/

"A little background: Griffin III was listening to "Call Me Maybe" as he walked around the locker room yesterday before practice."

Man card revoked imo
Originally posted by thl408:
If there's one thing I haven't seen Kap do, it's throw with little time (poor pass protection). Sure there have been plays when Iupati/ADavis plays matador pass protection and Kap is instantly pressured, but unlike Luck, Kap has generally had a dynamite Oline that gives him ample time to make his reads. Hopefully we'll never have to find out the answer to this because the Oline will continue to be among the elite.

RG3 or Kap? Kap, all day. No homer.

I think that time mostly comes from them trying to keep him in the pocket....I remember one time the Bears tried to blitz him and someone came free right up the middle... he stayed there, took the hit, but got rid of the ball and hit Vernon...between two defenders. THAT's when I knew there was something special about him.

edit- whenever the Saints blitzed, Kap made them pay....there is so many ways he can kill you if you blitz.. you'd have to make sure you tackle him. It also helps that he breaks arm tackles as well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though


I'd like to politely disagree with that statement. Rappers don't listen to "Call me Maybe"

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/08/28/rg3-music-is-the-heartbeat-of-the-world/

"A little background: Griffin III was listening to "Call Me Maybe" as he walked around the locker room yesterday before practice."

Man card revoked imo

Permanently revoked.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though

you're right, he is!!

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,513
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."


- Brian Billick.


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
It wonder what rg3 could do with our oLine and harbaugh . But I would have to go with the guy who has been raised with our Oline and harbaugh. Kap is not only less injury prone but should take less hits on our team
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him


Yeah who knew that the 6'4 230 pounder (probably heavier now) with the strongest arm in college would be better than a 6'2 217 pounder who has an injury history and isnt big enough to take NFL hits on a regular basis.

Dont know how RG3 was the bigger prospect, arent prospects about potential?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."


- Brian Billick.


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Billick was been up on Kap for awhile, definitely through the off season. Dude knows what's up.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Kaepernick and the 49ers rushed for 323 yards against the Packers in their last matchup and then threw for 412 on Sunday. Kaepernick is much more than just a read-option quarterback and If I'm starting a team, I'm not sure he isn't the first person on it."


- Brian Billick.


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Billick was been up on Kap for awhile, definitely through the off season. Dude knows what's up.

This is his write up for GB : "Well, they figured out how to stop the read option, but they gave up 412 passing yards to do it. Even with a loss, they jump up a spot because they played a tight game against the best team in the NFL."