LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Source: NY Jets will shop QB Mark Sanchez this offseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchise-jets-ready-shop-sanchez-qbs-source-article-1.1223973

WHO THE f**k WOULD TRADE FOR HIM????? The Jets to themselves maybe... idiots.
maybe a 7th rounder in 2020
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Dec 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM ]
This is the best case scenario, trade him so they get hit hard like they would with a cut(17M cap hit).
According to The NY Daily News, Michael Vick, would be amenable to coming to the Jets if Sanchez is out of the equation. "Bring it on," one Jets source said about signing Vick if he becomes available. "He was hit too many times (behind a subpar offensive line) the last two years. Rex (Ryan) loves him."
Originally posted by Afrikan:

WHO THE f**k WOULD TRADE FOR HIM????? The Jets to themselves maybe... idiots.

Amen
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Geez, what starting QB would he be an obvious upgrade over? I can't think of any.
60 turnovers in 2 years or something close; good luck with that!
LOL good luck with that. I wouldn't even trade an empty bag of chips for him.
Shop him to the CFL maybe.

• Garce
  • Veteran
I think Sanchez can be good in the right system and the right coach.

Rex Ryan sucks a fat foot.

ala Alex Smith.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Shop him to the CFL maybe.

lol I don't think he could even make a cfl team .
Vince Evans,Paul McDonald, Sean Salisberry, Rodney Peete, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Mark Sanchez, notice a pattern? USC QB's are overhyped and over rated. Carson Palmer was a legit #1 but injuries have sidetracked his career. The next golden boy is Matt Barkley. The USC advertising department went to overdrive anointing him as the next Heisman Trophy winner. Matt Leinart, who would've been #1 if he came out his junior year (to the Niners) was completely bypassed by his college coach when he became available this past year. It's not Sanchez's fault if a team wants throw him multi-millions.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
maybe, maybe... a conditional 7th or 6th rounder, based on where he goes & if he fixes his salary. This is not shocking, it's just a shame that Tebow never got a shot.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Vince Evans,Paul McDonald, Sean Salisberry, Rodney Peete, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Mark Sanchez, notice a pattern? USC QB's are overhyped and over rated. Carson Palmer was a legit #1 but injuries have sidetracked his career. The next golden boy is Matt Barkley. The USC advertising department went to overdrive anointing him as the next Heisman Trophy winner. Matt Leinart, who would've been #1 if he came out his junior year (to the Niners) was completely bypassed by his college coach when he became available this past year. It's not Sanchez's fault if a team wants throw him multi-millions.

It's funny that you mention that we would have drafted Leinart had he come out his junior year. I remember watching something on him when ESPN was following him around after his decision to not enter the draft and they showed on TV that we had the #1 pick and he said "Wooo, dodged a bullet there." Several years down the road, I think it's safe to say we are the ones who dodged the bullet. Thank God
Share 49ersWebzone