LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

Luck or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Luck or Kaepernick?

Both are great players but Luck does carry a team more than Kaep.
I'd be very happy to have Luck as the Niners franchise QB.

But again, most of the reasons why posters feel Luck would be better than Kaepernick fall into the area of conjecture, as in "Luck does carry a team more than Kaep." Nobody around here knows whether or not Kaepernick would have performed just as well if not better than Luck in the same situation.

All I'm saying is that by the numbers in 2012, Kaepernick was superior in every category. I'm also indulging in conjecture as well, by the way, when I point out that Kap has had a lot fewer years in a pro system.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'd be very happy to have Luck as the Niners franchise QB.

But again, most of the reasons why posters feel Luck would be better than Kaepernick fall into the area of conjecture, as in "Luck does carry a team more than Kaep." Nobody around here knows whether or not Kaepernick would have performed just as well if not better than Luck in the same situation.

All I'm saying is that by the numbers in 2012, Kaepernick was superior in every category. I'm also indulging in conjecture as well, by the way, when I point out that Kap has had a lot fewer years in a pro system.

I agree with you G. It's impossible to know how either QB would perform if they traded places. All we can go by is the actual on-field results. In that regard, Kap has been the more dynamic player statistically and physically.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I agree with you G. It's impossible to know how either QB would perform if they traded places. All we can go by is the actual on-field results. In that regard, Kap has been the more dynamic player statistically and physically.

That's all I'm really saying - that so far the raw numbers favor Kaepernick. Luck and Kaepernick are both sensational players.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Both are great players but Luck does carry a team more than Kaep.

Agree, but IMO Luck had a supporting cast that wasn't as good as Kaep's...and switching of coaches (Pagano's cancer) that had to have some sort of impact.

On another tangent. Kaep seems like a natural leader. Look how the team...both offense and defense responds to him. During home games, sometimes I sit in LB 16 and observe the interaction that Kaep has with the team. You can't coach that. I wonder if that was one of the traits that sold Coach and Trent on picking him.....
Finally, we get to see these two go drive for drive! Should be really interesting considering they're both Jim Harbaugh QBs.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
Luck

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Luck fasho

Originally posted by lazy:
Luck

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Luck in a heartbeat

Originally posted by Robert:
Good to see that Niner Talk is keeping its perspective after a win....Luck.

Originally posted by eyepissgold:
luck

Originally posted by dobophile:
Luck, by a mile.

sup

Sup
OMG Luck is so much better it make me want to cry. It's not even funny how much better he is.
He is but he does throw many ints that kill the teams chances. If kap improves as a passer I would take kap
Originally posted by elguapo:
He is but he does throw many ints that kill the teams chances. If kap improves as a passer I would take kap

Yeah if Kap becomes Tom Brady + Aaron Rodgers + Drew Brees + Peyton Manning I would take Kap........

I'll take the guy who has done more and taken his team further. Some might say Kap has a better defense and that's why his team has gone further. Fair enough, but the year we went to the Super Bowl, the defense let us down. Also Luck has better options at receiver and some real offensive minds (Pep Hamilton and Rod Chudzinski). At this point, I don't see how anyone clearly say one is better than the other. Both have their pluses, both QBs have their minuses as well.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'll take the guy who has done more and taken his team further.

So, you're taking Russell Wilson?
I'll take the guy who has done more and taken his team further. Some might say Kap has a better defense and that's why his team has gone further. Fair enough, but the year we went to the Super Bowl, the defense let us down. Also Luck has better options at receiver and some real offensive minds (Pep Hamilton and Rod Chudzinski). At this point, I don't see how anyone clearly say one is better than the other. Both have their pluses, both QBs have their minuses as well.

Luck with that defense wins 3 - 4 Super Bowls. Yes your OVERALL team matters. It matters a lot.

The defense let us down is not completely true. Overly simplistic. The ABSOLUTE failure of the offense to do anything in the first half put the defense on the field for way too long. This led to disaster coupled with Aldon Smith and Justin Smith playing with injuries that would take surgery to correct. Both were not themselves and neither was our pass rush.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 17, 2015 at 7:08 PM ]

You're kidding, right.
Share 49ersWebzone