There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Luck or Kaepernick?

Luck or Kaepernick?

Although I think Kaep will be a superstar and we're blessed to have him as our QB, if I could chose between them, I would chose Andrew Luck. He's actually the only player in the league I would chose over Kaep.
Originally posted by outside4949:
Not that jim harbaugh would ever say. But I would love to hear his take on this question.

This! He would never tell the truth to the media tho.
Luck might be better today but his ceiling is nearly reached. Kap hasn't even gotten started yet. Under Harbaugh and with good health he will reach that ceiling and it will be higher than Luck
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Although I think Kaep will be a superstar and we're blessed to have him as our QB, if I could chose between them, I would chose Andrew Luck. He's actually the only player in the league I would chose over Kaep.

The ONLY other player I might choose over Kap is Rodgers. Due to him being a badass and a niner fan.
Kaepernick has a stronger arm, he's more accurate and he's much faster. Kaepernick understands the game and sees the field just as well as Luck. Kaepernick goes through his reads, he works hard and he's as focused as any quarterback needs to be. I can't imagine why someone would pick Andrew Luck over Kaepernick as a franchise quarterback.
Montana
2012 stats:

Completion percentage: Kap 62.3% Luck 54.1%
Interception percentage: Kap 1.3 Luck 2.9
Quarterback rating: Kap 98.3 Luck 76.5
Yards per catch: Kap 13.3 Luck 12.9
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

The ONLY other player I might choose over Kap is Rodgers. Due to him being a badass and a niner fan.

I thought about Rodgers but Kaep is younger and I can see Luck being at Rodgers' level by the end of the year...

Still, considering the whole league and there's only one guy I'd trade for my QB.....

Oh, the late 2000s are washing away!!! HURRAY!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
2012 stats:

Why Luck over Kap? I don't even begin to see the reasoning here. On what measurable basis is Luck superior to Kap?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Luck and its not even close

couldn't disagree with you more

Agreed
2012 stats:

Why Luck over Kap? I don't even begin to see the reasoning here. On what measurable basis is Luck superior to Kap?

Hey G

Took the worst team in the league to the playoffs. No? Not good enough?

Kap's got talent, no doubt. However, its tough to discount what Luck, RW, RG3 did for their respective teams relative to the year prior. Yeah, CK made the SB, but he was inserted into an already very very good squad.

Time will tell though. Luck seems to be the better pick long-term. Reminds me of John Elway.
Well we attempted to tank for Luck, so...
Originally posted by UKNiners:
2012 stats:

Hey G

Kap's got talent, no doubt. However, its tough to discount what Luck, RW, RG3 did for their respective teams relative to the year prior. Yeah, CK made the SB, but he was inserted into an already very very good squad.

Time will tell though. Luck seems to be the better pick long-term. Reminds me of John Elway.

Were they? That team had gone to the playoffs the year before they sucked and were a playoff lock had Peyton not been injured. Mater of fact it had been a long while since Indy had not been in the play offs until losing Peyton, their all everything QB. IMO Indy tanked for Luck when it was clear Peyton was damaged goods.

I'd not put so much on merit into the notion that Luck took the worst team in the nfl to the playoffs. They just had hot garbage behind Peyton is all.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by UKNiners:
2012 stats:

Hey G

Yes, but the question was "what measurable basis?" Yes, of course Luck is real good. And yes, it was an accomplishment that he took the worst team to the playoffs. But, you don't know that Kaepernick couldn't have done that as well. What you do know, if you can believe the numbers, is that in the 2012 season, Kaepernick was better than Luck in completion percentage, interception percentage, yards per play, rushing and quarterback rating. My question is simple. When you look at those numbers, how to do you arrive at the conclusion that "Luck seems to be the better pick long term." And, when you consider the fact that Luck has been running a pro-style offense for a lot longer than Kaepernick, it's an even more challenging question. What will Kaepernick look like when he's been running a pro-style offense as long as Luck has?

As far as your remark that he reminds you of Elway, I've compared Kaepernick to Elway on a number of occasions. Why? Simple. Because Elway had a cannon for an arm and was a great scrambler. And, on top of that, Elway was a pitcher who could throw a good fast ball. Is Luck a better scrambler than Kaepernick? Does Luck have a stronger arm than Kaepernick?
Luck's comparable is Aaron Rodgers. Kap's comparable is Elway on steroids.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home