There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

i hope roman doesnt go to the browns since he will purge our staff. Say goodbye to Rathman, Tomsula, and others.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i hope roman doesnt go to the browns since he will purge our staff. Say goodbye to Rathman, Tomsula, and others.

I am not too worried about this happening.

Who wants to coach the Browns?
  • buck
  • Veteran
FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Browns will interview Falcons OC Dirk Koetter for their head-coaching vacancy.

Koetter, 55 next month, has head-coaching experience; he was the head coach at Boise State from 1998-2000 before coaching the Arizona State Sun Devils from 2001-2006.

He had a 66-44 career record at the college level. Koetter has been the Falcons OC the past two seasons. He was previously the OC for the Jaguars from 2007-2011. The Falcons fielded the league's No. 14 offense in terms of yards in 2013 and played the majority of the season with a shoddy offensive line, minus Julio Jones, a hampered Roddy White, and a broken-down Steven Jackson. Atlanta had the No. 8 offense in 2012.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282346/browns-to-interview-falcons-oc-dirk-koetter
  • buck
  • Veteran
Browns to interview Mike Pettine, Dan Quinn again

Pettine will talk with Cleveland's brass Tuesday night and Quinn will meet with the team in the New York/New Jersey area later this week.

FoxSports.com's Alex Marvez also reported Tuesday that Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter will interview for the gig, meaning this search still has a ways to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316219/article/browns-to-interview-mike-pettine-dan-quinn-again
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4640/cleveland-has-some-interest-in-assistants

SANTA CLARA, Calif. --There is still a chance a San Francisco 49ers' assistant coach will get a head-coaching job this offseason.

The only job available is the Cleveland Browns' job. The Browns' search is wide open. ESPN.com reported Monday the Browns did some background work on San Francisco defensive line coach Jim Tomsula and they had some interest.

Tuesday, 49ers' coach Jim Harbaugh confirmed he has talked to the Browns about some of his assistants. He declined to specify who.

"There's possibilities," Harbaugh said. "Going into further detail doesn't help our situation or their situation. Their search is their search."

In addition to Tomsula, offensive coordinator Greg Roman and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio have received some interest for head-coaching jobs this year. Roman and Tomsula interviewed for the Minnesota job earlier this month.

Two 49ers assistants already have accepted positions back in the college ranks: Tim Drevno (USC offensive line coach) and Paul Wulff (University of South Florida offensive coordinator). Harbaugh said he looks forward to finding their replacements.

As for his own contract, Harbaugh declined to talk about it. Harbaugh has two more years on his original five-year, $25 million deal. He is expected to get a new deal this offseason that makes him one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

So I guess the next few days will tell us if we'll lose anybody to the Browns, whether it is as HC, DC or OC.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Offensive coordinator Greg Roman and defensive line coach Jim Tomsula are believed to be the two coaches in whom the Browns have expressed interest. Harbaugh declined any further comment about the Browns' coaching search.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/browns-contact-harbaugh-about-49ers-assistant-coaches

some news at last
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi

Hearing #Browns may pop the question to Mike Pettine tonight.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I am not too worried about this happening.

Who wants to coach the Browns?

Money talks. i wouldn't doubt tomsula leaves to become a DC...... not sure he's ready for HC yet.
  • buck
  • Veteran
At least three assistants have said no thanks to the Browns. Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, a respected coach who has been in the NFL for almost 20 years without getting a shot at a permanent head-coaching job, said no. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who is from Ohio and should feel fortunate to be getting considered for a second chance after an absolute debacle in Denver, pulled out of consideration. And now Gase, with all of one year as a NFL coordinator, doesn't want it either.

Again, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. No coach can be sure he'll ever get a shot at one. And multiple assistants have turned Cleveland down. The Browns can't exactly go into a press conference after they finally hire a coach and pretend he was their first choice, can they?

The fallout from firing Rob Chudzinksi after just one year might be much stronger than first realized. The Browns fired Chudzinski after one season despite injury issues at quarterback and trading running back Trent Richardson early in the season. They canned him without any great reason, at least none that have been revealed publicly.

This is a franchise with a good defense, some good pieces on offense (tackle Joe Thomas, receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron among them), the fourth overall pick of the draft and another first-rounder thanks to the Richardson trade. Cleveland has a tremendous fan base that is desperate for a winner. It should be a fairly attractive job. And nobody seems to want it.

Last week Browns owner Jimmy Haslam told fans through an open letter to not worry. Well, worrying seems to be the proper reaction now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cleveland-browns-yet-another-nfl-assistant-coach-turn-164245671--nfl.html
With the way they treated Chud I dont blame other coaches, that team has become a joke with the way they treat their coaching staffs. They're like the Eastern Raiders.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The Buffalo News reports Bills DC Mike Pettine is "going to get the Browns job," and that a deal is "close."

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported the sides parted without an agreement Tuesday evening, but it sounds like there are only minor details left to be worked out. It's quite possible a deal will be finalized in the next 12-24 hours. After weeks of embarrassment, it appears the Browns might finally have their man.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282363/report-pettine-is-going-to-get-browns-job

This might end this year's search for NFL head coaches.

If any 49er coaches want to go work for the Browns, Jed York will probably let them go.

York wants coaches who want to coach the 49ers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I guess 9er assistants don't interview well. 3 straight trips to the NFC Championship and teams are interviewing staff from losing teams or OC's that have hardly done much in the NFL like Dirk Koetter or Jay Gruden. Looks like Jim Harbaugh's tree is gonna have to wait another year. Watch the 9ers go back to the NFC Championship, when will teams learn.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I guess 9er assistants don't interview well. 3 straight trips to the NFC Championship and teams are interviewing staff from losing teams or OC's that have hardly done much in the NFL like Dirk Koetter or Jay Gruden. Looks like Jim Harbaugh's tree is gonna have to wait another year. Watch the 9ers go back to the NFC Championship, when will teams learn.

its too bad roman isnt a little better at interviews. i really want to see a more creative playcaller come in here. im glad tomsula and fangio are staying most likely tho
I don't think te offense will change too much if Roman leaves - it's JH's philosophy that will be there in the end.
It's not head coach related but it's really unbelievable Monte Kiffin kept his job. Jerry Jones just loves mediocrity now.