There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Hmm RT @BFeldmanCBS: #vandy offered Pep Hamilton its HC job & had a plane set to get him & his family this am but he passed to stay Colts OC
Thanks Jcool.

Do you or anyone else think they'll offer it to Roman?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks Jcool.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

I spoke w Pep Hamilton today. He's very excited about the possibility that Derek Mason will be the new HC at Vandy. Says Mase is everything

...Vandy wants. A great leader, tremendous ethics, excellent recruiter, has a passion for it all.

Pep confirmed he spoke with Vandy about the opportunity but he made it very clear that no offer was made to him.

Pep sounds like and he said he's "Very happy where he is. Very happy to be a Colt"

Vandy sources confirm to us that multiple candidates who weren't getting the job were informed of that last night. The process had been...

…explained to them. That one would be selected to come for final visit & if went well offer would be worked out.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Packers LB Coach Kevin Greene, who has been very highly regarded, announces he is stepping away to spend time with his family.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Packers LB Coach Kevin Greene, who has been very highly regarded, announces he is stepping away to spend time with his family.

Cause his LBs kept getting raped by Kap over and over again so he said f**k it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks Jcool.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

I spoke w Pep Hamilton today. He's very excited about the possibility that Derek Mason will be the new HC at Vandy. Says Mase is everything

...Vandy wants. A great leader, tremendous ethics, excellent recruiter, has a passion for it all.

Pep confirmed he spoke with Vandy about the opportunity but he made it very clear that no offer was made to him.

Pep sounds like and he said he's "Very happy where he is. Very happy to be a Colt"

Vandy sources confirm to us that multiple candidates who weren't getting the job were informed of that last night. The process had been...

…explained to them. That one would be selected to come for final visit & if went well offer would be worked out.

Pep is going to be an NFL HC or Stanford's next HC in my opinion. He's on that track.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

The Vikings have wrapped up their deal with new offensive coordinator, Norv Turner. Both Browns coordinators are out
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Cleveland gonna interview Singletary

for what exactly? I actually think with a good Offensive Coordinator in place, Singletary would be an awesome head coach again.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Cleveland gonna interview Singletary

for what exactly? I actually think with a good Offensive Coordinator in place, Singletary would be an awesome head coach again.

Only if he let's his offensive coordinator have complete autonomy. Jimmy Raye and Mike Martz both basically blasted Singletary because he wanted to keep the ball on the ground.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey plans to join Titans' staff, either as TE or QB coach, probably TE. Had spoken with Vikes and Lions, too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

On the contract of new #Lions coach Jim Caldwell: It's 4 years, worth between $4M and $5M per year, I'm told. Incentive-laden, too.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Broncos OC Adam Gase has withdrawn his name from the Browns head-coaching search.

Not a surprise. Reports all along have been that Gase planned to remain with the Broncos through 2014. He called the Browns and informed them that he's going to focus on the Super Bowl, and they can move on without him.

It never really made sense for Gase, 35, to go to a dysfunctional organization like Cleveland after just one season of OC experience.

The Browns will now likely set their sights on Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and Bills DC Mike Pettine, but we really have no idea where this search is headed. The Browns don't seem to, either.

and

The Browns have scheduled a second interview with Bills DC Mike Pettine regarding their head-coaching vacancy.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282334/adam-gase-withdraws-from-browns-hc-search
[ Edited by buck on Jan 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Broncos OC Adam Gase has withdrawn his name from the Browns head-coaching search.

Not a surprise. Reports all along have been that Gase planned to remain with the Broncos through 2014. He called the Browns and informed them that he's going to focus on the Super Bowl, and they can move on without him.

It never really made sense for Gase, 35, to go to a dysfunctional organization like Cleveland after just one season of OC experience.

The Browns will now likely set their sights on Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and Bills DC Mike Pettine, but we really have no idea where this search is headed. The Browns don't seem to, either.

and

The Browns have scheduled a second interview with Bills DC Mike Pettine regarding their head-coaching vacancy.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282334/adam-gase-withdraws-from-browns-hc-search

This all but makes Greg Roman the 1st or 2nd choice candidate with the Seattle DC, assuming Roman actually interviews. It'll just be whether they want an offensive or defensive HC. Who else have they even interviewed?
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
This all but makes Greg Roman the 1st or 2nd choice candidate with the Seattle DC, assuming Roman actually interviews. It'll just be whether they want an offensive or defensive HC. Who else have they even interviewed?

We will see what happens, but I do not remember any rumors linking Roman to the Browns.

I just do not believe Roman is going to offered a head coaching job, at least this year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
We will see what happens, but I do not remember any rumors linking Roman to the Browns.

I just do not believe Roman is going to offered a head coaching job, at least this year.

mhmm. I'm just hoping something happens.