There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports

Per flight data, #Titans plane sked 2 fly #Ravens OC Jim Caldwell back 2 Balt in roughly 2 hours. Mike Zimmer waiting on tarmac, up next
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.

One person who knows Josh McDaniels said he had "an awesome" meeting with Browns, but it isn't right time for him to become a head coach.

He's probably gun shy of how his Denver experience turned out, plus the Browns suck.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Though WASH reached out to him last week, Vanderbilt HC James Franklin has no interview planned with Redskins. Sounds like PSU or Vandy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.

One person who knows Josh McDaniels said he had "an awesome" meeting with Browns, but it isn't right time for him to become a head coach.

He's probably gun shy of how his Denver experience turned out, plus the Browns suck.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Report: McDaniels withdrew from consideration for Browns job after Browns told him he wasn't the frontrunner http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nPe ;
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.

One person who knows Josh McDaniels said he had "an awesome" meeting with Browns, but it isn't right time for him to become a head coach.

He's probably gun shy of how his Denver experience turned out, plus the Browns suck.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Report: McDaniels withdrew from consideration for Browns job after Browns told him he wasn't the frontrunner http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nPe ;

Okay so he's just an egomaniac then
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,508
Jay Gruden, Redskins working out final details on contract

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reported Thursday morning that Jay Gruden and the team are working out the final details of a deal to make him the successor to the fired Mike Shanahan.


http://www.nfl.com/
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,508
Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is scheduled to interview with the Lions Thursday, Titans Friday and Browns Saturday.

It's a whirlwind week for Whisenhunt, as he'll do three interviews and then guide the Chargers' offense in Denver on Sunday. Or maybe he won't even get out of Detroit without signing on the dotted line. The Lions' job is reportedly his to lose as they appear to be seeking an offensive-minded coach with head-coaching experience and a history of developing talented quarterbacks. Whiz has worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner and Philip Rivers in his last three stops.


Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 9 - 8:11 AM
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Redskins have hired Jay Gruden, per @JeffDarlington.


Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Jim Haslett will remain the Redskins D coordinator in Washington, according to sources on Jay Gruden's new staff
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Bengals plan to hire Hue Jackson as their OC, per source.


Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
With Jay Gruden in place, Hue Jackson will likely remain in Cincinnati as offensive coordinator. Won't go to Redskins, I'm told.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:28 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Redskins TE coach Sean McVay is expected to become Washington's OC, per league sources, Raheem Morris the likely defensive coordinator.
Curtis Conway made a good point about the Jay Gruden hire. It seems like everyone is looking for the "Quarterback Whisperer". Thank God we have ours.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

The new OC of the Washington Redskins, Sean McVay, graduated from college in 2007. #Baller
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bengals could wind up losing both coordinators. Jay Gruden is Redskins HC and Mike Zimmer has emerged as a favorite in Minnesota.
Originally posted by buck:
Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is scheduled to interview with the Lions Thursday, Titans Friday and Browns Saturday.

It's a whirlwind week for Whisenhunt, as he'll do three interviews and then guide the Chargers' offense in Denver on Sunday. Or maybe he won't even get out of Detroit without signing on the dotted line. The Lions' job is reportedly his to lose as they appear to be seeking an offensive-minded coach with head-coaching experience and a history of developing talented quarterbacks. Whiz has worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner and Philip Rivers in his last three stops.


Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 9 - 8:11 AM


If Whisenhunt is smart, he'll go with the Lions, because he sucks balls when it comes to identifying/developing QB talent. Just go with Stafford.
Originally posted by Jcool:
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

The new OC of the Washington Redskins, Sean McVay, graduated from college in 2007. #Baller

Grandson of John McVay, he's been on their staff for a few years, plus I'm assuming that Gruden will maintain some level of control over the playcalling.