Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin announces that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

That's a coach on the hot seat. I think Munchak got fired for resisting coaching changes on his staff.

Not think. It was because of that exact reason. They asked him to pretty much turn over his entire coaching staff in order for him to keep his job. Most media outlets pegged the number around 12 changes and he said no.

Also with the Dolphins firing Sherman will they just promote from in-house or do you think they will look to college hc/oc, or NFL oc/position coach? Will be interesting if they start sniffing around playoff teams for their coaches.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Would expect Philbin to give strong consideration for the job to GB QB coach Ben McAdoo. I believe his contract is up and can't be blocked
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin announces that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

That's a coach on the hot seat. I think Munchak got fired for resisting coaching changes on his staff.

Not think. It was because of that exact reason. They asked him to pretty much turn over his entire coaching staff in order for him to keep his job. Most media outlets pegged the number around 12 changes and he said no.

Also with the Dolphins firing Sherman will they just promote from in-house or do you think they will look to college hc/oc, or NFL oc/position coach? Will be interesting if they start sniffing around playoff teams for their coaches.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Would expect Philbin to give strong consideration for the job to GB QB coach Ben McAdoo. I believe his contract is up and can't be blocked

it would be dumb for them to change their offense 2 years into Tanneill's development. They have to stick with whats familiar
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Giants flying OC candidate Mike Sullivan in tomorrow to interview for their opening, per source. Interview Tues or Wed (as @ConorTOrr said)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Have ben told Bill O'Brien will hire Brian Ferentz as his OL coach w #Texans. Son of Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz. Good choice.
just stay away from Lord Fangio!!! take roman, please take roman lol
Saw where Roman and Fangio are being considered for Washington and Roman also for Minn. Harbaugh also mention Tomsula had been inquired about. I would not cry over Roman but I really like Tomsula.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins confirm Giants DC Perry Fewell interviewed with team officials for head coach position earlier today. #HTTR
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is expected to interview this week with the Titans and Vikings, per source.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Saw where Roman and Fangio are being considered for Washington and Roman also for Minn. Harbaugh also mention Tomsula had been inquired about. I would not cry over Roman but I really like Tomsula.

Redskins are interviewing everybody, surprised they didn't ask permission to interview Seely and Solari as well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Titans will be interviewing #Ravens OC Jim Caldwell later this week, per source. That's his third -- Lions & Skins
caldwell sucked as hc at indy and his offense in baltimore is not more than avg...he can be only a rooney-rule scapegoat imho.
rooney rule is racist
Originally posted by communist:
caldwell sucked as hc at indy and his offense in baltimore is not more than avg...he can be only a rooney-rule scapegoat imho.

He lost Peyton and the team went down. There was no QB behind Manning. In Baltimore, they lost Anquan Boldin and it looks like once again that team went down. Even Ray Rice and the running game have fallen off. It really is odd that Caldwell would get the call after what is the worse year of the John Harbaugh era.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo will interview this week, as expected ... but for the #Browns head coaching job, per source. Wow.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins just announced that there is a mutual agreement for Jeff Irleand and them to part ways.