There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Turner will return to Dallas once Browns hire their coach and kick the assistants out.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,821
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Cal coach Jeff Tedford will be Lovie Smith's OC, and Rod Marinelli will be the Bucs' defensive coordinator, ESPN is reporting.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Tedford OC and Rod Marnelli as DC in Tampa with Lovie

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/01/leslie-frazier-rod-marinelli-could-join-lovie-smith-in-tampa/

Both Marinelli and Frazier could be ending up with the Bucs. In anycase, that team would get a lot better very quickly.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,144
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Tedford OC and Rod Marnelli as DC in Tampa with Lovie

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/01/leslie-frazier-rod-marinelli-could-join-lovie-smith-in-tampa/

Both Marinelli and Frazier could be ending up with the Bucs. In anycase, that team would get a lot better very quickly.

I can't imagine Frazier not getting the nod for DC somewhere like the Detroit Lions
The loser in the Lovie Smith hiring: Darrelle Revis; doesn't fit a typical Tampa 2 corner and would save the team 16 mil.
Bucs made some smart moves. Biggest issue is QB. And I am real curious to see what Tedford can do cultivating an nfl QB. Would be real interesting if they draft Carr.
This is relevant because the Lions don't have a head coach right now but it's also funny as hell. I read where Charles Barkley said the other day that the Detroit Lions are an example of a team who have a whole bunch of talent but don't have any clue about how to play football. He was making a comparison to alot of NBA teams he sees who are plenty talented enough but will never win anything because they have no clue. Pretty sure he was talking about the Knicks and the Nets. f***ing Charles Barkley LOL.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,305
Giants OC job just opened up

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10232748/kevin-gilbride-offensive-coordinator-new-york-giants-announces-retirement
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,821
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

As expected, Bucs reach deal w Jeff Tedford as OC. Source: Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard is leading candidate as next Bucs GM
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,821
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @jwyattsports: Munchak still in limbo with the Titans. Discussions continue in-house, but no decision made and could still go either way.
Originally posted by sfout:
Giants OC job just opened up

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10232748/kevin-gilbride-offensive-coordinator-new-york-giants-announces-retirement

Ol' Chuck and Duck is hanging it up.
Originally posted by robniner:
The loser in the Lovie Smith hiring: Darrelle Revis; doesn't fit a typical Tampa 2 corner and would save the team 16 mil.

I thought about that. It would be interesting to see if Lovie adjusts his scheme or has Revis adapt. I hope they go for the former. At the moment, do the Bucs need the 16 million in cap space? If they don't, may as well hang onto Revis.
Originally posted by sfout:
Giants OC job just opened up

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10232748/kevin-gilbride-offensive-coordinator-new-york-giants-announces-retirement

Just hire Peyton Manning when he gets paralyzed by some monstrous hit in the playoffs. He could most surely pull his bro's head out of his a**.
Originally posted by sfout:
Giants OC job just opened up

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10232748/kevin-gilbride-offensive-coordinator-new-york-giants-announces-retirement

Just hire Peyton Manning when he gets paralyzed by some monstrous hit in the playoffs. He could most surely pull his bro's head out of his a**.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Bucs made some smart moves. Biggest issue is QB. And I am real curious to see what Tedford can do cultivating an nfl QB. Would be real interesting if they draft Carr.

Mike Glennon had a real good rookie season so I highly doubt they'll go QB early; it's definitely not their biggest issue by a long shot.