There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Rob Ryan must be a great interview. None of his last 6 defenses, in Dal+Cle+Oak, ranked better than 14th in yds allowed/13th in pts allowed.

Hes a bum just like his brother in NY, just living off their dads reputation and yet clubs continue to put faith in these blowhards. NFL is about being new and innovative (Walsh, JH), not about retreads with a good last name (Singletary, Nolan)

We'll explain the drop the cowboys had this year on defense with Ryan gone?

Injuries. LOTS of them on D.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Bill O'Brien & Texans intensify talks they hope will make him next coach in Houston, per sources. ESPN link soon from myself & @AdamSchefter
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I can't wait to see Jim Schwartz fired or at least I hope he gets fired. That dude is garbage, explosive offense (or it can be) and you can't make the playoffs....you gotta be fist f**king me seriously. Tell you what, give the 9ers Megatron and Harbaugh will show you what to do with him. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and his defenses suck ass!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

From @mortreport and me: Penn St's Bill O'Brien/Texans already have met, working on a deal. O'Brien favorite. http://alturl.com/wgrv5
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ron Musselman ‏@ronmusselman8

Texans owner Bob McNair on Bill O'Brien report: "The process continues. We have other interviews scheduled next week. It isn't over.""
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Saints want to move to a 3-4... Spags runs a 4-3

i find it funny that a nfl d-coach can't run any defense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I can't wait to see Jim Schwartz fired or at least I hope he gets fired. That dude is garbage, explosive offense (or it can be) and you can't make the playoffs....you gotta be fist f**king me seriously. Tell you what, give the 9ers Megatron and Harbaugh will show you what to do with him. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and his defenses suck ass!!!

Agreed.

Mike Zimmer would be such a great fit for that franchise. He'll fix that defense, and make that offense more balanced to take the burden off of Stafford.
it's not really much a carousel anymore....... old guys getting phased out..... college coaches succeeding in the pros.....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

League sources said Lions ownership is "on the fence" about HC Jim Schwartz's job status but it is "leaning towards keeping him."

Bill O'Brien & Texans intensify talks they hope will make him next coach in Houston, per sources. ESPN link soon from myself & @AdamSchefter

what the hell has this guy done? I'm a huge Kubiak fan, so I may be biased when i say this, but this move will set that franchise backwards. They have a roster and talent that could go to the superbowl.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

Hired less than yr ago. Oh. RT @TonyGrossi: There are bad vibes indicating uncertainty about future of #Browns HC Rob Chudzinski.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

what the hell has this guy done? I'm a huge Kubiak fan, so I may be biased when i say this, but this move will set that franchise backwards. They have a roster and talent that could go to the superbowl.

So far is 15–9 at Penn State. And last year won the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, was Big Ten Coach of the Year, Maxwell Coach of the Year and AT&T-ESPN Coach of the Year.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM ]
Where would Roman fit best?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Where would Roman fit best?

Redskins..... lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I like Kubiak also, but as an OC. IMO, he'd be a huge upgrade over Roman. He's one of the best offensive guys in the NFL considering how effective his scheme has been over the years. He turns average RBs into stars and he usually gets good QB play out of average QBs.