There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

rules modification thread

i say they call me up send me a quick video ask me what it is and i will be the factor.
pay me a small salary of 5 mill a year and ill be happy with the duties. if i get swamped ill hire a few assistants.
This illegal contact rule is going to drive teams and fans crazy. It is very subjective and heavily depends on how physical the refs will allow the game to be.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This illegal contact rule is going to drive teams and fans crazy. It is very subjective and heavily depends on how physical the refs will allow the game to be.

as long as it is called the same way for both teams in the same game i'm fine with it. its obviously going to vary from crew to crew. its going to be like an umpire calling balls and strikes. we know what the strike zone is but it varies on how it is enforced depending on the ump. i seen too many games last year where seattle did their seattle thing and their opponents tried it but got flagged more often than seattle did. and yes hawk fans i know you had the most penalties in the league.
If there's one thing I'd change about the illegal contact rule, it's the automatic first down. That's pretty harsh imo. Maybe make it 10 yards (instead of 5), but replay the down.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Joecool:

as long as it is called the same way for both teams in the same game i'm fine with it. its obviously going to vary from crew to crew. its going to be like an umpire calling balls and strikes. we know what the strike zone is but it varies on how it is enforced depending on the ump. i seen too many games last year where seattle did their seattle thing and their opponents tried it but got flagged more often than seattle did. and yes hawk fans i know you had the most penalties in the league.

The s**tty part is that its called differently within the same game and differently in each game. It is frustrating as a fan to watch one play get penalized and the exact same play not or vice versa.