LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
i'll just pretend boone got hurt and won't be able to play until pre-season/regular season. b***h aint missing any game checks!
Cut him.... Can be replaced.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Everybody is asking for a new contract all at the same time.
Boone signed this deal as a reserve and was overpaid. It was fine being overpaid but as soon as he starts a few games he starts to pout and takes his ball and goes home.
That fat f**k would be drinking his sorry ass to death in some s**thole dive if we hadn't taken a chance on him. f**k him and his "paltry" 2 million. These f**kface pro athletes and their disjointed sense of entitlement are f**king ridiculous.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
As long as we don't play Snyder I'm happy.

Boone is awesome but he signed his deal, he has no leverage and as pointed out we cannot set a precedent that you hold out and we pay you. That way leads to salary cap chaos.

Boone should be thinking long term, he should shut up, watch Iupati go into FA and negotiate an increased salary based on being our most experience guard.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Everybody is asking for a new contract all at the same time.

I'd rather have this problem than the Chiefs problem in trying to sign Alex.
I understand that it's a Business and he looks around and sees other Guards making more money, but geeesh....seems like he is getting bad advice from a greedy Agent. Boone would probably be out of the NFL if he'd been with most other franchises earning a regular paycheck in some other line of work, possibly still fighting addictive behavior.

The 9ers have shown repeatedly that if you perform well and are part of the long term plans, they will take care of their own rather than pursuing FA's.

And I really liked the guy with all of his after game interviews on CSN.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He does deserve an extension and some more money, but not at top dollar, if he wants to be a greedy b***h after the team has worked so hard with him, let him walk.
I have no issue wiht this. It's the only leverage these guys have. I don't think it will work for him just b/c other guys are of more importance. Just part of the game. Aslong as he shows for TC i'm good.

Boone could end up renegotiating himself right out of his starting job. Dumb move to hold out at this juncture.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:42 AM ]
Fat, drunk, and undrafted, we salvaged his career, he has been a household favorite. It was, up until now a great story, trade his greedy ass to Jacksonville, and be done with it, what is the point of roster depth if you can't use it? Sorry Boone, you were my favorite Niner, no more cries of BOOOOOONE! every time you level a defender.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Boone has earned my respect with his play, his sense of humor, and his overcoming his problem with alcohol.

If he holds out, he will not lose the respect that he has earned.

Let see if he shows up and if not how long. I highly doubt his next contract is going to be with the 9ers.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Fat, drunk, and undrafted, we salvaged his career, he has been a household favorite. It was, up until now a great story, trade his greedy ass to Jacksonville, and be done with it, what is the point of roster depth if you can't use it? Sorry Boone, you were my favorite Niner, no more cries of BOOOOOONE! every time you level a defender.

I would legit laugh my ass off if we traded him to a dead team lol. I like Boones play though.
Share 49ersWebzone