LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
There's no reason to be mad at Boone about this. He's not disrespecting the team or anything and this does not make him a headache or problem player. He'll show up by mandatory workouts.

Agree, you guys do know he's worth more than we pay him, problem is we really need to sign colin. But get colin locked up, than if we have the money give boone and mike deals. would love to keep are oline together
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Why?.. He is suck or what?

He doesnt suck but hes not the highest on our list of players to sign
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353442/article/andre-johnson-headlines-noshows-for-tuesdays-otas

Andre Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Justin Houston, Carl Nicks & Marshawn Lynch are also taking days off...

No, but just because he is asking for more money doesn't mean you give him more money. Even if he earns it. He's under contract with a lot more to lose than us at this point.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Give him a slight bump and move him to RT. He is out of place at RG and still has done a good job at RG but he's suited to be a RT and slide A Davis inside to RG.

You want Davis & Boone to switch places? Davis has never played guard (unless he played it early on in college or something, but I don't think he did).

Ever heard the saying if it aint broke(en) don't fix it?
That's why the team signed you to a contract when it did: it's risk/reward for them (for giving years/salary to an untested player) and its risk/reward for you (job security but underpaid if you do well). He'll be 29 when his contract is up and he'll make a crapload of money in FA. No reason to be a dick about it when you signed your name to the deal two years ago.
Ain't got nothing against a player trying to get what he is worth but the contract he signed was right with our core principle. Identify amongst your own young talent who will be a Niners then extend them cheap before they realize their true value in free agency and as a long term starter for the forty Niners. A win for us when they pan out and a win at signing for them as they achieve a good bit of financial security especially off of the dirt cheap undrafted free agent deals they were originally on. Now that Boone is playing like a top 32 staring guard in this league what he signed a couple years ago ain't enough. He realizes he is underpaid and wants to get what the market says he is worth. I find no fault in us or him but there was a reason we extended him in the first place. We took a low risk high reward deal and it bore fruit
Originally posted by sspiker:
That's why the team signed you to a contract when it did: it's risk/reward for them (for giving years/salary to an untested player) and its risk/reward for you (job security but underpaid if you do well). He'll be 29 when his contract is up and he'll make a crapload of money in FA. No reason to be a dick about it when you signed your name to the deal two years ago.

Saw this after my post. I say the same but I wasn't so hard on Bone because he is underpaid. Same for T Brock if he ever makes a Pro Bowl.
Easy solution Boone: play your ass off for your next contract... Bad teams always pay top dollar for good guards. Go be a Bill or Jag and make bank, and use these next two seasons to make your deal.

Hope he gets more money but don't see it happening this off-season. This is what happens when you sign for longer than what you should have & now you have outplayed that contract. Hope it all works out eventually.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:

He doesnt suck but hes not the highest on our list of players to sign

he is not a must.he is not a cornerstone. again this is a non issue unless he misses the required camp. then fine him and let him stew.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Easy solution Boone: play your ass off for your next contract... Bad teams always pay top dollar for good guards. Go be a Bill or Jag and make bank, and use these next two seasons to make your deal.

it worked for chilo
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

it worked for chilo

It still astounds me that CHI paid him...
Share 49ersWebzone