LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kaeptosherm:
We should offer Boone around 6-7mill and he should take it

It's just that simple, eh? I guess that's the kind of take one would expect from someone calling themselves "kaeptosherm."
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This thread gonna be funny when we come to terms.

I support the 49ers. He choosing not to be a 49er right now. Like everyone else who chooses to leave this team, he can eat a bag of d!cks.

If he returns to the team in good standing, proves that he kept himself game ready, and earns back the trust of his coaches, he'll be a 49er again, and I'll support him, but I probably won't trust him.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This thread gonna be funny when he comes to camp.

Fixed.

I hope so.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He miss them steaks, he'll be back soon...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Damn, he's already lost nearly half of his paycheck. That's one expensive call, too bad the FO isn't bluffing.

f**king agents are money grubbing d-bags. All they want is a big payday from him at the expense of him losing a lot of money from a contract by a previous agent.

Yeah I saw that article too. It's up to $900K + now.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Damn, he's already lost nearly half of his paycheck. That's one expensive call, too bad the FO isn't bluffing.

f**king agents are money grubbing d-bags. All they want is a big payday from him at the expense of him losing a lot of money from a contract by a previous agent.

Yeah I saw that article too. It's up to $900K + now.

If dude waits until week 8, he'll be playing for less than the league minimum this year.
At what point do you man up and realize you lost the game of Chicken? Damn man this isn't just selfish anymore, it is dumb. You are losing your current money and a lot of it because you wouldn't take the extra millions on the table that weren't good enough? Somebody needs their head examined.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
At what point do you man up and realize you lost the game of Chicken? Damn man this isn't just selfish anymore, it is dumb. You are losing your current money and a lot of it because you wouldn't take the extra millions on the table that weren't good enough? Somebody needs their head examined.

How has he lost? He can force a trade with a team that will agree to give him a new contract.
Originally posted by Joecool:

How has he lost? He can force a trade with a team that will agree to give him a new contract.
He cant force anything. Thats how he has lost.

He can't force anything. He has no real leverage. Nothing the 49ers pick up in a trade will help them win this year. He can hope that a competetive team with a full wallet will make an overwhelming offer to the 49ers, but that's not going to happen, IMO.

Originally posted by hohbie:

He can sit out for the rest of his contract and sign with another team and we get nothing. Then he wins. Or we can trade him and get something.

He can sit out for the rest of his contract and sign with another team and we get nothing. Then he wins. Or we can trade him and get something.

He can't. The NFL rules (more specifically the CBA) do not allow that. He's ours for two years. If he were to sit out the entire season, he would STILL have two years with us from my understanding.

And on another note, let's say for the sake of the argument he could sit out for two years and be an unrestricted free agent. What team would possibly want him? What GM would pay a guy who didn't play football for two full seasons because he was unhappy about his deal? What would Alex Boone's value be then? He has lost.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He can't. The NFL rules (more specifically the CBA) do not allow that. He's ours for two years. If he were to sit out the entire season, he would STILL have two years with us from my understanding.

And on another note, let's say for the sake of the argument he could sit out for two years and be an unrestricted free agent. What team would possibly want him? What GM would pay a guy who didn't play football for two full seasons because he was unhappy about his deal? What would Alex Boone's value be then? He has lost.

Even if he still has to play out the contract after he sits out, he is useless to us if he sits out. So far, the person replacing him hasn't looked nearly as good as he has. Let's say he is still holding out after game 3. At that point, the team will need to make a decision to give him a better contract or trade him. Letting him sit is a lose-lose situation for both sides.

Honestly, I don't blame him. The 49ers saw the talent he had and offered him a deal. He wasn't starting and did not have the game tape of him starting to demand a higher deal. In all honesty, one can say the 49ers are doing the players dirty with these early extensions. They know the player looks like he's going to have a breakout year so they lock him in cheap.

I think Boone has completely outplayed his current contract. I also think SF will not reward him until before his final year. They did T Brown dirty also.

One could also say if Boone had confidence in himself, he should have not taken the deal and waited a year so his value is worth more. History of this office has shown they don't bend...so why should Boone. Sometimes, this front office needs to meet in the middle and take care of their players.
Joecool,.....live up to your name bro.

If he wants to sit out till he's 31 and try to make a come back, let him.

"And we get nothing" --- why do you not understand that what we will get is an example set so we dont have to face this problem with much more important players??

Saying we get nothing is shortsighted. Just stay cool and let the situation develop; worry about the other 53 players that will be on the roster if Boone choosing to quit football is too much for your heart.
At that point, the team will need to make a decision to give him a better contract or trade him. Letting him sit is a lose-lose situation for both sides.

It's a lose lose if he's the only player that has a contract expiring in the next several years. Unfortunately,...he's not the only player that has a contract expiring the next several years.

Hey,...it's great that you have the money to restructure all of these deserving guys and perhaps pay them under the table so we can go around the salary cap.

The 49ers dont have that ability playing on Madden.
Share 49ersWebzone