Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Trade Boone and Kap to the Rams for Bradford

buzz says we probably gotta throw in a 1st
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Trade Boone and Kap to the Rams for Bradford

buzz says we probably gotta throw in a 1st

lol
We got enough mid round talent on this team from the last few drafts. I am not in agreement with those that say pay him because they don't say how much. Nor do they mention the fact he may have turned down an extension last off season that would have made him a top 15 paid player at his position. 49ers tried to pay him he said no! I laugh when I hear the word elite. Since when does a player who had one good year and one so so year become elite? Is there a new definition of elite? Elite players don't grade out to negative numbers and Boone's pass blocking last year sucked. Yes he can play T and did well last year against Quinn studying no film. Great one game and doesn't that work both ways Quinn didn't study film of him either.

Do I believe he deserves more absolutely. Do I believe he's a better T than G sure do. Is he better than Joe Looney right now he is yes. He has value because he can play 2 spots on the O line at probably a high level. However he is not elite yet and he's already 27. With that being said I don't think it benefits the team to trade him unless we can get a #1 for him. Or two 2s. We aren't going to get that and he's not going to miss more than a game or two. By that time he will have had no camp and hopefully Looney or Marcus Martin are able to hold it down. My point is no trade because you probably don't get the value for him he is worth and don't break the bank for him because he's not worth that either. Make him come to camp or back to practice give him what he's worth then make him earn his job back. If he chooses to stay away wait until next offseason to trade him by that time he will have screwed himself.
[ Edited by Ninerz4Life on Aug 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
We got enough mid round talent on this team from the last few drafts. I am not in agreement with those that say pay him because they don't say how much. Nor do they mention the fact he may have turned down an extension last off season that would have made him a top 15 paid player at his position. 49ers tried to pay him he said no! I laugh when I hear the word elite. Since when does a player who had one good year and one so so year become elite? Is there a new definition of elite? Elite players don't grade out to negative numbers and Boone's pass blocking last year sucked. Yes he can play T and did well last year against Quinn studying no film. Great one game and doesn't that work both ways Quinn didn't study film of him either.

Do I believe he deserves more absolutely. Do I believe he's a better T than G sure do. Is he better than Joe Looney right now he is yes. He has value because he can play 2 spots on the O line at probably a high level. However he is not elite yet and he's already 27. With that being said I don't think it benefits the team to trade him unless we can get a #1 for him. Or two 2s. We aren't going to get that and he's not going to miss more than a game or two. By that time he will have had no camp and hopefully Looney or Marcus Martin are able to hold it down. My point is no trade because you probably don't get the value for him he is worth and don't break the bank for him because he's not worth that either. Make him come to camp or back to practice give him what he's worth then make him earn his job back. If he chooses to stay away wait until next offseason to trade him by that time he will have screwed himself.

You don't just keep him out of spite. That's a poor way to do business. If you can find a solid replacement out of what we have then you trade him and gain what ever value that you can for next years draft. Draft picks have also shown their value to our GM because he loves to stockpile them.

Nothing short of a first or the Alex smith deal is going to be worth releasing Boone.
Agreed,Nothin personnel ,it's just business.....
Originally posted by jcs:

You don't just keep him out of spite. That's a poor way to do business. If you can find a solid replacement out of what we have then you trade him and gain what ever value that you can for next years draft. Draft picks have also shown their value to our GM because he loves to stockpile them.

Is it? Would anybody ever hold out again, ever?
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

I agree, let him rot, I'd flat out tell him, we're not going to trade you, we're not going to negotiate with you, sit out for 2 straight years and watch your value plummet, or get into camp, show us you're in shape then we'll talk deal. Otherwise sit out and screw yourself.

Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree, let him rot, I'd flat out tell him, we're not going to trade you, we're not going to negotiate with you, sit out for 2 straight years and watch your value plummet, or get into camp, show us you're in shape then we'll talk deal. Otherwise sit out and screw yourself.

It sounds like Vernon's performing well. Maybe the FO should through him a lil money and further send the message that they don't negotiate with non-participants.
Boone is worth a first round pick. Guy is the best guard we have. He is physical like iupati but stays healthy. Nothing short of a first round pick is worth it. People on this site rarely know what players are really worth in a trade but Boone is a legit first round trade candidate. Fourth round pick isn't going to cut it for a guy who could be an all pro RT. Watch his play against the Rams and Seattle the two best fronts in football. He was not out of position at all and we gashed them for yards. Trading Boone is suicide this year.

You think its wise to tell the rest of the league through a blow horn, "IF YOU HOLDOUT ON THE 49ERS YOU WILL GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT!!!"

If Baalke is truly that stupid, then we are going to be in a lot of trouble in the near future. There is no way Baalke is going to throw away the franchise, for a short term gain.
Trade this douche NOWW!! C'mon Baalke, lets do this!
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

Not only is it the best way to do business. It's the only way to do business.

Encouraging more holdouts is not how you resolve a holdout. It creates a vicious cycle, where more players holdout, you reward them, which encourages more players to hold out, you reward them, which encourages more players to holdout, you reward them, which encourages more players to holdout...

Eventually, you become the Browns. So then years later you think, "How did this happen, how did we destroy our franchise?"
"Well, remember that one time where we rewarded Alex Boone's holdout, in order to obtain a short term gain?"
Share 49ersWebzone