LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Report: Bucs interested in 49ers G Alex Boone

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are interesting in trading for 49ers holdout RG Alex Boone.

Rapoport says the Bucs' preference is to "build from within," but there is "real interest" in Boone at the "right price." That price would probably be a mid-round pick. The Bucs are in win-now mode and need to protect 35-year-old statue Josh McCown. After a disastrous preseason opener from the interior of Tampa's line, GM Jason Licht needs to explore every avenue possible. Boone is a dominant blocker and would instantly fortify the Bucs' front five.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5247/alex-boone
  • buck
  • Veteran
Alex Boone on Tampa Bay Buccaneers' trade radar

The Buccaneers are looking outside the organization to bolster a beleaguered offensive line that thwarted Josh McCown's preseason debut in Tampa.

Having already yanked starting right guard Jamon Meredith from the first-team offense, the Bucs have emerged as one of the team's hoping to pry holdout offensive lineman Alex Boone away from the 49ers.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via a person informed of the Bucs thinking, there is real interest in a Boone trade at the right price.

Another Buccaneers source tells Rapoport there have been no "real" conversations with the 49ers yet, but the front office touches base with all teams to discuss who might be available.

The conundrum for the Bucs is they are building a young roster and don't want to give away draft picks. Boone won't come cheaply in terms of dollars for a new contract as well as draft-pick compensation from the 49ers.

Tampa Bay's brass is high on raw but talented rookie Kadeem Edwards. In a perfect world, the fifth-round rookie would prove ready to hold down one guard spot while a solution emerges from the likes of Oniel Cousins, Jace Daniels and Patrick Omameh on the other side.

Of course, that bubble gum-and-bailing wire approach is subject to change if the 49ers are willing to accept a mid-round draft pick in exchange for a player who shows no signs of surrender in his contract demands.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376883/article/alex-boone-on-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trade-radar
For those fans who think we should give Boone a trade as a reward for his hold-out:

Baalke:

Son, we live in a world that has contracts. And those contracts have to be guarded by men with balls.
Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sourdough Sam?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Alex Boone and you curse the 49ers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That refusing to capitulate to Boone's hold-out, while tragic, probably wins games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games.

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that office. You need me there.

The 49ers use words like honor, code, loyalty... we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending a roster. You use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a fan who rises and cheers for the very players I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them. I'd prefer you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football and play guard. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

Fan: Did you order the non-capitulation?

Baalke: I did the job you sent me to do.

Fan: Did you order the non-capitulation?!

Baalke: You're goddamn right I did!!!

Who knew Boone was going to become a c¿nt?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Who knew Boone was going to become a c¿nt?

No kidding. I sure wouldn't have predicted it.
lol @ "the Bucs are in a "win now" mode?"

Could have fooled me.
If the bucs think we are giving boone to them for a mid round pick they are badly misinformed, dreamers, or both. This is Trent baalke, not joe smutz.

The other way, a third way, could be from our owner, Jed. He could talk with trent, then chat with boone, and either give him assurance of double his salary (or whatever you come up with) NEXT yr, and then guarantee that with something outside the game...if legal. But Jed could possibly be the way to get to boone, who is sawing off the limb he is standing on. Somehow, there is a way for jed to get involved and save the day for boone...and us. Right now that would be my #1 choice, after consultation with Trent as to what would be acceptable, without breaking trent's rules.

As for changing the name of the thread, the Boone Depreciation thread might just be a start.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM ]
mid round pick

GTFO....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Alex Boone trade on horizon for San Francisco 49ers?

CSN Bay Area confirms multiple teams are interested in pursuing a Boone trade.

FOXSports.com's Mike Garafolo noted that he could see clubs "aggressively" pursue a trade based on the high demand for players at Boone's position -- noting that even Richie Incognito is "getting sniffs."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376203/article/alex-boone-trade-on-horizon-for-san-francisco-49ers
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol @ "the Bucs are in a "win now" mode?"

Could have fooled me.

Lmao this

I hope by aggressive they mean 1st or 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I hope by aggressive they mean 1st or 2nd round pick.

I cant see him going for anything less than a 2nd and another pick
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I hope by aggressive they mean 1st AND 2nd round pick.

fixed
Mid-Round pick for Boone!!!

Now, that's really fantasy football.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Giedi:
If he likes it here, why isn't he at camp? Him being here or not being here doesn't really affect the fact that he has no leverage in negotiations at all.

Research his agents. I believe they've handled negotiations for Revis in years past. This should tell you a lot as to the advice they are giving Boone. They are going to fail badly. Baalke aint no d**n Mike Tannenbaum or whathisname!

This. His agents play hardball or at least pull the "hold out card" real quick. I would hate to lose him or make him the highest paid lineman on the team.

If we have to part I hope we send to Jacksonville or some other lousy AFC team and get more than a 4th round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone