There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Schefter: Seahawks CBs Browner and Sherman likely 4-game suspension

So just so we're all clear hawker, are you saying that Sherman should be 100% exonerated of any suspicions, and he clearly never ingested any banned substances?
"I'll say, maybe the fact the the sample was exposed is the reason he tested positive."

sound familiar?
[ Edited by ninerfan97 on Dec 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
Just so we are clear. Players are allowed to pop Adderall before games now?
I like this.
The niners who use to just brag about the niners being "3-0 against the hawks" since their god amongst men coach took over.
Now have to resort to riding other teams jocks like " OH I CANT WAIT TIL THE PACKERS GET YOU" or just hoping the Seahawks come across some bad luck and lose key players.
I guess it would be hard to brag about your own team have being embarrassed on national TV.
Come on Niner fans, you still have a good team, Nothing wrong with being passed up by "little brother" it happens.
You have a chance to be #2 seed in the playoffs. Let it go. instead of hoping the mighty packers lay the smack down. why not hope for your own team to get revenge?
Then again seeing my team get beat down on TV then seeing my team get beat down in the playoffs in person might push me over the edge too...
oh well who am i to judge, keep rooting the Packers on i guess...
Granted none of us were in on the process of testing or being part of the appeals process (and if we were, we probably couldn't say anything per Non-Disclosure Agreements we would have to sign as a condition of employment), but common sense would strongly suggest that how we went about it suggests an admission of guilt, and that he's trying to work the system so that he can find some kind of loophole to escape out of.

At this point, what's done is done. All teams can do now is to prepare to face him and the Seahawks again when the time comes. As good as he is, he can't be everywhere at once, and opposing OCs would be wise to develop plans to capitalize on the holes in their defense and neutralize him as a result, whether it be running the ball down their throats, a dink-and-dunk passing game, etc. Of course, I wouldn't put it past him to say something along the lines of "hey I know when someone's scared of me" in an attempt to get the Marty McFlys of the NFL to say "Nobody...NOBODY CALLS ME CHICKEN!" and fall for his intimidation games hook, line, and sinker.

Whether Sherman was truly guilty or not, I think it's safe to say that there's probably not a lot of people outside of the Seahawks fanbase that consider him to be a person of high character right now, between his drama queen-level Twitter rants and made-up stories, to his on-the-field antics, and his loophole exploiting in this case.

Does all this give him an edge? Certainly. Does all this label him as the first visible product of the Carroll Culture? Possibly.
[ Edited by Protoman on Dec 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So just so we're all clear hawker, are you saying that Sherman should be 100% exonerated of any suspicions, and he clearly never ingested any banned substances?

with this particular incindent, yes.. above all suspicion no... matter of fact he was " Randomly" ( making the hyphon sign with my hands) tested again today. so he's obviously not still not above suspicion. i don't know if he took it or not, i wasn't there, neither was anybody else on this board.. to falsely accuse him of taking a drug without a shred of proof, is just speculation, and frankly a waste of time...
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
I like this.
The niners who use to just brag about the niners being "3-0 against the hawks" since their god amongst men coach took over.
Now have to resort to riding other teams jocks like " OH I CANT WAIT TIL THE PACKERS GET YOU" or just hoping the Seahawks come across some bad luck and lose key players.
I guess it would be hard to brag about your own team have being embarrassed on national TV.
Come on Niner fans, you still have a good team, Nothing wrong with being passed up by "little brother" it happens.
You have a chance to be #2 seed in the playoffs. Let it go. instead of hoping the mighty packers lay the smack down. why not hope for your own team to get revenge?
Then again seeing my team get beat down on TV then seeing my team get beat down in the playoffs in person might push me over the edge too...
oh well who am i to judge, keep rooting the Packers on i guess...

Because there is barely any chance for us to play each other.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
I like this.
The niners who use to just brag about the niners being "3-0 against the hawks" since their god amongst men coach took over.
Now have to resort to riding other teams jocks like " OH I CANT WAIT TIL THE PACKERS GET YOU" or just hoping the Seahawks come across some bad luck and lose key players.
I guess it would be hard to brag about your own team have being embarrassed on national TV.
Come on Niner fans, you still have a good team, Nothing wrong with being passed up by "little brother" it happens.
You have a chance to be #2 seed in the playoffs. Let it go. instead of hoping the mighty packers lay the smack down. why not hope for your own team to get revenge?
Then again seeing my team get beat down on TV then seeing my team get beat down in the playoffs in person might push me over the edge too...
oh well who am i to judge, keep rooting the Packers on i guess...

Huh? You can do a better job of trolling than that. We are still bragging about our two consecutive NFC West titles since Harbaugh took over. Little brother, stay in your lane. This is our division and will continue to be our division.

FYI, it was one game. Come down off of your coke binge.
Originally posted by hawker84:
with this particular incindent, yes.. above all suspicion no... matter of fact he was " Randomly" ( making the hyphon sign with my hands) tested again today. so he's obviously not still not above suspicion. i don't know if he took it or not, i wasn't there, neither was anybody else on this board.. to falsely accuse him of taking a drug without a shred of proof, is just speculation, and frankly a waste of time...

WTF? No shred of proof? The positive urine sample is not considered a shred of proff? If I pissed in a cup, and it leaked and they had to use another cup (or whatever the f**k Sherman is claiming), there will not all of a sudden be a positive test for steroids, adderall, heroin, crack, weed (well, maybe not this one) because I don't do it. He got off on a technicality and when you say "no shred of evidence," it's a complete joke.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So just so we're all clear hawker, are you saying that Sherman should be 100% exonerated of any suspicions, and he clearly never ingested any banned substances?

with this particular incindent, yes.. above all suspicion no... matter of fact he was " Randomly" ( making the hyphon sign with my hands) tested again today. so he's obviously not still not above suspicion. i don't know if he took it or not, i wasn't there, neither was anybody else on this board.. to falsely accuse him of taking a drug without a shred of proof, is just speculation, and frankly a waste of time...

Pretty much the response I expected. If my guy got popped, I'd probably come up with something similar. Put the shoe on the other foot for just a moment, and there's no way in hell you'd be here saying the same thing about a 49er that "technicalitied" his way out of a positive PED test. Please don't dishonor yourself by disagreeing.



And I've never heard the bolded term. Do you mean Quotation Marks ?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Protoman:
Granted none of us were in on the process of testing or being part of the appeals process (and if we were, we probably couldn't say anything per Non-Disclosure Agreements we would have to sign as a condition of employment), but common sense would strongly suggest that how we went about it suggests an admission of guilt, and that he's trying to work the system so that he can find some kind of loophole to escape out of.

At this point, what's done is done. All teams can do now is to prepare to face him and the Seahawks again when the time comes. As good as he is, he can't be everywhere at once, and opposing OCs would be wise to develop plans to capitalize on the holes in their defense and neutralize him as a result, whether it be running the ball down their throats, a dink-and-dunk passing game, etc. Of course, I wouldn't put it past him to say something along the lines of "hey I know when someone's scared of me" in an attempt to get the Marty McFlys of the NFL to say "Nobody...NOBODY CALLS ME CHICKEN!" and fall for his intimidation games hook, line, and sinker.

Whether Sherman was truly guilty or not, I think it's safe to say that there's probably not a lot of people outside of the Seahawks fanbase that consider him to be a person of high character right now, between his drama queen-level Twitter rants and made-up stories, to his on-the-field antics, and his loophole exploiting in this case.

Does all this give him an edge? Certainly. Does all this label him as the first visible product of the Carroll Culture? Possibly.

well said but i have to disagree with the first part.. if you listened to what he was saying through this entire process, he was saying very matter of factly the he was innocent and if the league holds true to their own policies regarding testing, he would be vendicated and will win his appeal.. the fact that all this came out before he was found innocent or guilty shows you how flawed this system really is... this is also the reason he is continuing to file a law suit against the league..

does this mean he's innocent.. no.. but it shows he claimed innocense from the beginning and never waivered.
Originally posted by sacniner:
WTF? No shred of proof? The positive urine sample is not considered a shred of proff? If I pissed in a cup, and it leaked and they had to use another cup (or whatever the f**k Sherman is claiming), there will not all of a sudden be a positive test for steroids, adderall, heroin, crack, weed (well, maybe not this one) because I don't do it. He got off on a technicality and when you say "no shred of evidence," it's a complete joke.

shred of proof and shred of evidence is two different things.. you do understand that if a piece of evidence is found to be unreliable, it is no longer considered a piece of evidence.. from the sound of your thread doesn't sound like you believe in the justice system, which is similar to this.
Originally posted by hawker84:
shred of proof and shred of evidence is two different things.. you do understand that if a piece of evidence is found to be unreliable, it is no longer considered a piece of evidence.. from the sound of your thread doesn't sound like you believe in the justice system, which is similar to this.

Are you f'n kidding me man? This ain't court where you can hire a lawyer to make some BS up. I'm using my common sense. This is the NFL. A lot of guys are on all types of s**t. He tested positive and the test was botched so he got off on a technicality. Those are facts of what happened. You are brainwashed and are being naive.

I don't beleive in the U.S justice system because I think Sherman tested positive for adderall.
This thread has run its course.