LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Schefter: Seahawks CBs Browner and Sherman likely 4-game suspension

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:

Player appeals almost never work in these cases, obviously something was jacked up. Woot, Sherman isn't going anywhere; except the playoffs and the Super Bowl! :D

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, 49ers fans, because you just want to think we're a bunch of cheaters with illegitimate wins; but nope.
Think they may have to play the Packers again? In GB?

Think GB fans will be ready for that?

Think GB players will be ready?

I'm hoping to watch that game!

Revenge is a dish best served cold. In GB.
this part.. i tell you what,, i'll agree to take that TD off the board, if you'll agree to take GB's TD off the board, after the bogus PI phantom call on Kam , which happened on 3rd and long.. the penalty extended their drive which allowed them to score the go ahead TD... either way seahawks win.

So to say that game was won on a bogus call is completely false, several extremely bad calls lead to the outcome of that game
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I am also confused. Talked to many Seattle fans on Sunday (and they are not a smart bunch) who love to claim the NFL said the catch was legitimate (ok, it was) yet at the same time forget the fact the NFL ruled all the calls in 2005 SB were legit as well. So you can't have your cake and eat it to.

So I agreed with all Seaturd fans. The win against the Packers was legit. And so was the Steelers SuperBowl win in 2005. Agree?

At least the Hawks played well in the GB game (e.g., 8 sacks on AR in the first half) and there were bad calls on both sides throughout the game. The LAST one garners all the attention because it was the LAST one.

As for SB XL...
One or two less dropped passes by Jeremy Stevens and the refs aren't even a conversation.

But, "what if's" typically are rarely useful or productive so, we move on....
with BOTH Browner AND Sherman in the playoffs
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
You didn't respond to my post.

Are you in agreement that since the NFL ruled the refs made the correct calls in 2005 that the Seacocks legitimately lost and Seattle went home sobbing?

no and i don't think you or anybody else with some any common sense agrees with it either. especially after the ref's themselves admitted they blew a bunch of call in that game. but we had no choice to accept it, just like GB does.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
I am also confused. Talked to many Seattle fans on Sunday (and they are not a smart bunch) who love to claim the NFL said the catch was legitimate (ok, it was) yet at the same time forget the fact the NFL ruled all the calls in 2005 SB were legit as well. So you can't have your cake and eat it to.

So I agreed with all Seaturd fans. The win against the Packers was legit. And so was the Steelers SuperBowl win in 2005. Agree?

At least the Hawks played well in the GB game (e.g., 8 sacks on AR in the first half) and there were bad calls on both sides throughout the game. The LAST one garners all the attention because it was the LAST one.

As for SB 2005...
One or two less dropped passes by Jeremy Stevens and the refs aren't even a conversation.

But, "what if's" typically are rarely useful or productive so, we move on....
with BOTH Browner AND Sherman in the playoffs

So we are in agreement. Seattle legitimately won the Packers game and the Steelers legitimately won the SuperBowl in 2005.
Originally posted by hawker84:
You didn't respond to my post.

Are you in agreement that since the NFL ruled the refs made the correct calls in 2005 that the Seacocks legitimately lost and Seattle went home sobbing?

no and i don't think you or anybody else with some any common sense agrees with it either. especially after the ref's themselves admitted they blew a bunch of call in that game. but we had no choice to accept it, just like GB does.

Sour grapes. And the ref in the Packer game later admitted he made the wrong call. So which way do you want it. Either you won the Packers game and not the SuperBowl legitimately or the other way around. Can't have both.

Seattle are the only ones who think they won both games. Congrats, you won a game on Sunday. Going to love it when you are out the first game you play on the road. But I am sure you will find some reason to complain as to why you didn't really lose but were screwed by the refs.
[ Edited by SportsFan on Dec 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM ]
this ruling still does't prove if Sherman was taking adderal or not. only that the people the league hires is incompetent.
Sour grapes. And the ref in the Packer game later admitted he made the wrong call. So which way do you want it. Either you won the Packers game and not the SuperBowl legitimately or the other way around. Can't have both.

Seattle are the only ones who think they won both games. Congrats, you won a game on Sunday. Going to love it when you are out the first game you play on the road. But I am sure you will find some reason to complain as to why you didn't really lose but were screwed by the refs.

you got a link to where the ref said that.. i've never seen that statement... i have heard him on tv however saying he still thinks he made the right call. if you have a link i'd like to see it.
So we are in agreement. Seattle legitimately won the Packers game and the Steelers legitimately won the SuperBowl in 2005.

My point was, despite the controversy in both games, the Hawks played well enough to deserve the win over the Packers win, not so in the SB vs. the Steelers.
My second point was, regardless of either outcome, we move on, as it matters not what any of us think. I'm sure the Packers have moved on and are focused on the task at hand (trying to claim the 2 seed) and the Seahawks are focused on going undefeated at home in the regular season and happy go be at full strength for the playoffs (knock on wood )
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders

you got a link to where the ref said that.. i've never seen that statement... i have heard him on tv however saying he still thinks he made the right call. if you have a link i'd like to see it.

I think Sportfan has that wrong. I also read where the ref went on record later saying he still felt he made the right call

this part.. i tell you what,, i'll agree to take that TD off the board, if you'll agree to take GB's TD off the board, after the bogus PI phantom call on Kam , which happened on 3rd and long.. the penalty extended their drive which allowed them to score the go ahead TD... either way seahawks win.

So to say that game was won on a bogus call is completely false, several extremely bad calls lead to the outcome of that game

No, me saying Seattle won on a bogus call is irrefutable fact. We can debate all day what led up to that point, but the last play is all that really matters because that alone is what ultimately decided the game.

And for your coach and the bum Golden Tate to go on national tv and lie about it REPEATEDLY shows your organization has no class. Mind you all this comes after Pete Carroll high-tailed out of USC because he knew the heat was about to come down (he's been helping his players cheat since waaaay back).

The Seahawks as an organization are classless, cheating, little whiny brats ("the refs made us drop ten passes in the Super Bowl") and that is just a few of the reasons why you aren't champions, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

But hey, keep on celebrating the win over the 49ers. I guess when you know you aren't top dog material, being second place in the division does the job just fine.

You guys are not even winning the NFC West, losing in the wildcard game.....pretty much a thanks for coming season.....so why are you here talking crap????
I love how seattle fans completely forget about the blatant offensive pass interference in the end zone by tate, IIRC. lol
I want both of them playing if we face them again. I want their best out there as we take it to them. We showed skirt the last time but we can take them.
don't see where i'm talking smack in any of my posts.. and i could of sworn i said in my post i agree 100% that PI should have been called, are you blind or just so angry you don't want to hear what i said... as far as us being classless and a bunch of whiners? i'm on a niner board , i'll leave it at that. as far as us winning the division, very doubtful to nobody's fault but ours, but being one and done in the playoffs, could happen, then again who knows?
Share 49ersWebzone