There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thursday night football games

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I didn't use my phone, I had my laptop sitting on my thighs. I almost dropped it when an emergency happened

That's way weirder and grosser than if it was on your phone!
If I rememeber correctly the 94/95 season had quite a few Thursday night games on TNT.
Don't care for them at all. The quality of play has been abysmal. It's too bad that it seems that they're here to stay. I don't blame the league, they're just seeing the dollars.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Thursday night games are usually 2 sorry ass teams going at it.

Disagree. Last year Niners @ ravens. Didn't like the outcome, but both are awesome teams. Niners would have won on a full week to prepare, but they had to travel from the west coast, and had only 1 or 2 days to prepare. It's a setup for failure. The only reason I do like Thursday games, is if the Niners are playing, because it will be aired in my area NJ. .In general, Thursday night games should go away. Too short of a week to prepare, travel, injuries, etc. The body needs to recoup. I would prefer for them to play Sunday night!
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Nov 15, 2012 at 7:07 AM ]
The only teams that should play on thursdays are teams coming off of a bye. Four days is not enough time between games.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for Hitman49.
Originally posted by kingairta:
The only teams that should play on thursdays are teams coming off of a bye. Four days is not enough time between games.

this and it puts visiting teams at such a disadvantage...I didn't like the niners goiing to the east coast on a short week to play on Thursday night...Just keep it the way it was....Sunday and Monday only....
Some of us can't make it to Sunday, Thursday night Football is an oasis in the desert.
but injuries are part of the game
I like the Thursday games. only because it kinda creeps up on you after MNF. but when its over you realise theres still a long way to go until the rest of the games are played and thats the down side. All so when they have 2 teams like these playing, it makes the wait for the rest of the games longer.

Seriously they should pump this match and slot in some other game.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I didn't use my phone, I had my laptop sitting on my thighs. I almost dropped it when an emergency happened

this
Not a huge fan of Thursday night games, but I like how the NFL made every team play on a thursday night. Makes things a little even in the big picture.
Every game this year has pretty much sucked.
I remember a few years back when it was Collensworth and Gumble calling the Thurs night games. Worst commentators ever! Watching it on mute was better.
Originally posted by 99problems:

this

Gooey s**t-stains on the keyboard
Agreed.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
*Puts poo poo stains on phone* doesn't wash hands

Opens up a whole new set of doors.....craptop, iCrap or iPoo by Crapple, the iBM, a stinkPad, etc. Going to place an "intel OUTSIDE" sticker on my bathroom door.