There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Originally posted by cciowa:
a better tackler than reid,, hahah,, at least one of you believes that! no one is pretending, he is garbage and we are better off because of it

I've been really trying hard to not light you up recently but this post is sickening. Now Goldson is garbage? I'm sorry but outside of the penalties that you continually get your panties wadded up over Goldson is a very good player. Yes we have a keeper in Reid but it doesn't discredit what Dashon did here in any way.

Cane we lock this thread?

Stop using Reid's success as a way to bash Dashon!! He's been off the roster for over half a season now. Bagging on Dashon at this point makes you sound like b***h.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
a better tackler than reid,, hahah,, at least one of you believes that! no one is pretending, he is garbage and we are better off because of it

I've been really trying hard to not light you up recently but this post is sickening. Now Goldson is garbage? I'm sorry but outside of the penalties that you continually get your panties wadded up over Goldson is a very good player. Yes we have a keeper in Reid but it doesn't discredit what Dashon did here in any way.

Stop using Reid's success as a way to bash Dashon!! He's been off the roster for over half a season now. Bagging on Dashon at this point makes you sound like b***h.

i agree goldson is still a solid player, if not a top 10 safety, his physical play speaks for itself, just because reid is having success doesn't mean goldson is a bad player.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

what i said,, x 2 of all the things i could worry about,, you "lighting me up" is not one of them!
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by baltien:
I stand corrected. Not that his presence would have made much of a difference.

it's more of "now that he's not a niner he's trash". the truth is that dashon is a great player. he doesn't have the coverage skills of eric reid but he is a better/more sure tackler than reid. i would still take reid over goldson but lets not pretend goldson is garbage now because he's on a different team

Not at all. If you care to search through my posts, you'll see that Ive always had the same opinion of him. I never said he's trash, just that he was always a tad overrated.

Again, he hits like a truck but he's only effective when the play is in front him. If you need an example just rewatch any game from second half of last season.

Goldson, along with Whitner (though he's playing much better now) routinely had issues adjusting once the ball was in the air.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by baltien:
I stand corrected. Not that his presence would have made much of a difference.

it's more of "now that he's not a niner he's trash". the truth is that dashon is a great player. he doesn't have the coverage skills of eric reid but he is a better/more sure tackler than reid. i would still take reid over goldson but lets not pretend goldson is garbage now because he's on a different team

Goldson isn't bad, but I would never say he is a better/more sure tackler than Reid.
Hell, Goldson rarely goes for the tackle, he goes for the hit. That is a strength of his when he connects, glaring weakness when he whiffs.

Goldson is a good safety that had the benefit of the 49ers front 7.
Not great. Not a sure tackler. Not garbage either.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM ]
Man, it's crazy to me how many of ya'll bash Dashon. That dude was a monster. Not just a huge hitter and a mood-setter, but a play-maker and the emotional leader. He missed a few tackles but he wasn't as bad in coverage as everyone makes it seem. He certainly wasn't a liability. And while I don't necessarily miss him on the field, thanks to Eric Reid's seamless transition, I do miss jumping up and doing the Cook Dance every time he made a play or screaming "THAT'S MY NIQQA HAWK BOI FUQYAKNO BOUT IT?!?".
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Man, it's crazy to me how many of ya'll bash Dashon. That dude was a monster. Not just a huge hitter and a mood-setter, but a play-maker and the emotional leader. He missed a few tackles but he wasn't as bad in coverage as everyone makes it seem. He certainly wasn't a liability. And while I don't necessarily miss him on the field, thanks to Eric Reid's seamless transition, I do miss jumping up and doing the Cook Dance every time he made a play or screaming "THAT'S MY NIQQA HAWK BOI FUQYAKNO BOUT IT?!?".
did you like the 15 yard penalty he would then get? he was not a emotional leader. you go right ahead missing his dancing and screaming,, i will continue to enjoy the non flashy solid play of reid
I loved / love Dashon. I 'm just happy Reid is turning out to be better than I ever expected. I was sure we'd be getting burnt over the top all season due to our rookie safety.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Bucs S Dashon Goldson did not travel to Seattle and won't play tomorrow, per @ScottSBucs
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I loved / love Dashon. I 'm just happy Reid is turning out to be better than I ever expected. I was sure we'd be getting burnt over the top all season due to our rookie safety.

You were cynical of Reid? You don't say. lol
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Bucs S Dashon Goldson did not travel to Seattle and won't play tomorrow, per @ScottSBucs

Sucks.

Would love to have seen him lay out some Hawks.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Damn it....wanted to see him knock da fauq out of Tater titts.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

We'll see if he appeals. RT @mortreport: Dashon Goldson has been suspended again by NFL for illegal hit, per sources
he's too manly for this p***y ass NFL.

This dude would've been a fkn legend back in the Ronnie Lott days.
Suspended. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000284209/article/dashon-goldson-suspended-for-one-game-by-nfl

We really made out not resigning him. Reid is playing like a quality vet.