There are 270 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
it's more of "now that he's not a niner he's trash". the truth is that dashon is a great player. he doesn't have the coverage skills of eric reid but he is a better/more sure tackler than reid. i would still take reid over goldson but lets not pretend goldson is garbage now because he's on a different team

He's a good safety and I liked him a lot when he was on the team. I wouldn't call him a "great player." He made too many mistakes and extended too many drives with unnecessary roughness penalties and late hits. I think Reid is an upgrade. I think Reid's tackling skills are actually better than Goldson's and I think Reid is better in coverage. I think Reid's going to be in the conversation for DROY.
i know i sound off the wall here(imagine that),,, i can already picture him as a great great teacher and mentor for young players down the road
i always thought goldson was overrated.

his big hits were sensational though

f**king planted doucet
Originally posted by cciowa:
a better tackler than reid,, hahah,, at least one of you believes that! no one is pretending, he is garbage and we are better off because of it

reid has missed his share of tackles this year. he is getting better as the season progresses. goldson didn't miss many tackles. what i mean by that is when he got his hands on you, you weren't going anywhere.

the problem with goldson in that regard (and something that reid excels at) is taking the correct angle. goldson took horrible f**king angles and so there were many times where he didn't even get a chance at the tackle. reid rarely takes poor angles
I dont think anyone really thought Goldson was the best FS in the NFL. To me, he was product of the system. He was a hard hitter, but never wrapped up for tackles. He may be a slight better at that then Reid, but not much better.

Earl Thomas is better, and I hate saying it. I would take Weddle, Eric Berry, Michael Griffin all over him, not sure exactly if they are all FSs.

But if Reid isnt ROY mid way on those stupid award shows, I will riot. He is one of the best rooks this year, he and Kiko Alonso are the best 2.
Originally posted by xtm059:
i always thought goldson was overrated.

his big hits were sensational though

f**king planted doucet

Here's hoping he breaks off some KOs next week in Seattle.
Earl Thomas
End thread
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Earl Thomas
End thread

f**k earl thomas
Gholdson's "highlight" hits make him seem better than he actually is.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Earl Thomas
End thread

f**k earl thomas

Still the best safety in the league, lol
Originally posted by baltien:
I stand corrected. Not that his presence would have made much of a difference.

it's more of "now that he's not a niner he's trash". the truth is that dashon is a great player. he doesn't have the coverage skills of eric reid but he is a better/more sure tackler than reid. i would still take reid over goldson but lets not pretend goldson is garbage now because he's on a different team

a better tackler than reid,, hahah,, at least one of you believes that! no one is pretending, he is garbage and we are better off because of it

I'm not going to declare Goldson trash now that he's not a Niner, because he's a damn good free safety.

But Reid is a better tackler. Goldson has more devastating hits, but Reid appears quicker to the ball and is more consistent in laying the lumber.

I liked Goldson when he was a Niners but never thought he was even in the conversation for best FS. I didn't think he was worth giving a bunch of money to. He made great hits but seemed slow and wasn't consistent against the pass. I have nothing against Goldson and wish him the best in Tampa. Everyone is comparing our rookie Reid to him and Goldson is a 7 year vet.. I think Reid has already shown in just 8 games that we won't miss Goldson and might already be an upgrade. Reid will most likely be an upgrade in the future
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Dashon is the best. Everyone else is battling for a very distant second.

I've been really trying hard to not light you up recently but this post is sickening. Now Goldson is garbage? I'm sorry but outside of the penalties that you continually get your panties wadded up over Goldson is a very good player. Yes we have a keeper in Reid but it doesn't discredit what Dashon did here in any way.

Cane we lock this thread?

Stop using Reid's success as a way to bash Dashon!! He's been off the roster for over half a season now. Bagging on Dashon at this point makes you sound like b***h.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

I've been really trying hard to not light you up recently but this post is sickening. Now Goldson is garbage? I'm sorry but outside of the penalties that you continually get your panties wadded up over Goldson is a very good player. Yes we have a keeper in Reid but it doesn't discredit what Dashon did here in any way.

Stop using Reid's success as a way to bash Dashon!! He's been off the roster for over half a season now. Bagging on Dashon at this point makes you sound like b***h.

i agree goldson is still a solid player, if not a top 10 safety, his physical play speaks for itself, just because reid is having success doesn't mean goldson is a bad player.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

what i said,, x 2 of all the things i could worry about,, you "lighting me up" is not one of them!
Share 49ersWebzone