There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Haven't watched too many Tampa Bay games. How IS Goldy doing? Heard he knocked out a few Jets players in week 1 (LOL) and of course the fines and suspension he faced but not really too much besides that?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Haven't watched too many Tampa Bay games. How IS Goldy doing? Heard he knocked out a few Jets players in week 1 (LOL) and of course the fines and suspension he faced but not really too much besides that?

Last I checked, DeSean Jackson was making him look like Wile E. Coyote. Panthers did a number on him too. I loved his tackling ability, but I've been saying for years that he wasn't all that great in coverage. I bet he realizes now how good our front seven made him look.
Another advantage Da$hon Goldson and Darrelle Revi$ have in Tampa, is that they'll have a longer off-season to enjoy their cash. It's actually the ideal situation for both of them.
We really made out by letting him walk.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He was protected by our overall awesome Defense.
Mods, can we change the title of this thread to the Dashon Goldson Thread or something of that nature? Clearly title is not relevant anymore.
Originally posted by baltien:
Last I checked, DeSean Jackson was making him look like Wile E. Coyote. Panthers did a number on him too. I loved his tackling ability, but I've been saying for years that he wasn't all that great in coverage. I bet he realizes now how good our front seven made him look.

the panthers did a number on him? they must have done quite a number because dashon didn't play in the game
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

the panthers did a number on him? they must have done quite a number because dashon didn't play in the game

LMAO....

shots fired

BOOOOM!! BAAAMM!!! POP!! THWOMP!!! 1960's Batman style.
I barely remember he was even on the team. -This s**t bag lost me after he started attacking fans before his second franchise tag, this guy was good, yet one of the most hated players by the fans, couldn't keep his mouth shut on or off the field.
Any of you guys with a membership to pff rankings wanna post what 8.25 million dollars of overhyped suck is doing for the bucs? I am gonna go out on a limb and say he hasn't lived up to his reputation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I barely remember he was even on the team. -This s**t bag lost me after he started attacking fans before his second franchise tag, this guy was good, yet one of the most hated players by the fans, couldn't keep his mouth shut on or off the field.

of course this is the truth,, plus you can throw in how nice of a job he did in extending drives for the other team with his stupid ass penalties

I stand corrected. Not that his presence would have made much of a difference.
I stand corrected. Not that his presence would have made much of a difference.

it's more of "now that he's not a niner he's trash". the truth is that dashon is a great player. he doesn't have the coverage skills of eric reid but he is a better/more sure tackler than reid. i would still take reid over goldson but lets not pretend goldson is garbage now because he's on a different team