There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers:
Can anyone find the video of the latest one? I heard it wasn't even that bad and actually all shoulder.

Just go to nfl.com and click on the game, you'll see a highlight specific to the hit.

If Goldson was still a niner, all of you would be arguing that the hit was clean and should be legal. He made contact with his shoulder to the player's upper chest. Looks fairly clean to me.
Another personal foul.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Source: Goldson suspension mulled for latest hit http://tinyurl.com/mjmcfl9
Originally posted by SFrush:
Another personal foul.

Didn't this one cost them the game?
This latest one was a terrible call though. Hit his shoulder to the receivers chest.

Did you hear what the ref called it?

"Did not give the receiver an opportunity to become a runner".........isn't that what DB's are supposed to do?????
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
This latest one was a terrible call though. Hit his shoulder to the receivers chest.

"Did not give the receiver an opportunity to become a runner".........isn't that what DB's are supposed to do?????

What he meant to say: "The Bucs are not scheduled to win a Championship this year."
I don't think the last one should have been called but seems like it's to the point where he has a target on his back for refs. He dug himself a hole because of all the bad ones so now he's getting called for all the legal ones.

That's almost the same as, "Did not let the receiver catch the ball."
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That's almost the same as, "Did not let the receiver catch the ball."

Lol that's what I said when I first heard the call.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think the last one should have been called but seems like it's to the point where he has a target on his back for refs. He dug himself a hole because of all the bad ones so now he's getting called for all the legal ones.

I agree. I think he's just being targeted now. Some of these explanations are very telling on where the NFL is going. Donte Whitner is right. They want you to let the offensive player catch the ball. I wonder how much of a backlash it will take to reverse where the NFL is going right now with these BS rules. It's pathetic and a tough time be a defensive player in the NFL that doesn't play for Seattle. You don't know what the rules are from week to week.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I wonder if Dashon is regretting his decision to sign with Tampa.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style
Originally posted by fryet:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style

Probably not, he got his money...
Reid>>>>> DG
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by fryet:

Probably not, he got his money...
Agree if he wanted to be a winner he wouldn't have left for the money. It's all good Reid is a baller!
Originally posted by Gore_21:

This ... his reputation precedes him.